Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think whatever happened, happened quickly and quietly. Josey may only be 4, but he’s old enough to have given LE an idea. The fact that he, thankfully, stayed put and no one realised anything was wrong for a long time suggests to me that he wasn’t overly panicking - as he might have if there had been third party involvement. I think he was probably waiting for her to come back, and fell asleep. Of course, we don’t know the circumstances and I may well be wrong

I can’t imagine what her family and friends are going through, this is an absolute nightmare for them and they don’t owe us anything. SM is probably the absolute last place I’d want to be in their position. Especially with the many well intended but (understandably) frantic tweets

Its another new day, and every day I hope we’re closer to finding her and bringing her back home to those who loved her most

She had probably removed some of the things that were in it. The picture of her carrying the bag was taken before they went on the boat ride so if there were towels or life jackets in it, it would have appeared to be larger. Imo
Life jackets would be supplied by the facility that rents the boats, as they are required by law to have them on board.

IMO

Does anyone else wonder if someone followed her? She's not exactly nobody, she's very famous and attractive, and it wouldn't be the first time something started out looking like an accident and ended up being foul play. Is there anything that clearly rules it out?

Nancy grace was interviewed about this and said don’t rule out foul play interview all the boyfriends and did Naya rent the boat herself or did some one else rent the boat for her earlier? It’s odd the boy was asleep. My two boys would have been crying their heads off, screaming loudly if I didn’t show up on that boat especially all alone. Certainly someone on that lake would have heard him crying out. Could someone have showed up at the boat and put some sleepy medicine in his cup and taken Naya against her will?

Nancy Grace on search for Naya Rivera, Ghislaine Maxwell case

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

According to a article posted recently on this thread, LE will now search cabins on the lake, not because they think she’s there but because of growing SM theories. I’m sorry, but she didn’t make it out of the lake to a cabin and is slowly nursing herself back to health, while waiting for a rescue. IMO, a complete waste of resources to put baseless theories to rest.

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Nancy grace was interviewed about this and said don’t rule out foul play interview all the boyfriends and did Naya rent the boat herself or did some one else rent the boat for her earlier? It’s odd the boy was asleep. My two boys would have been crying their heads off, screaming loudly if I didn’t show up on that boat especially all alone. Certainly someone on that lake would have heard him crying out. Could someone have showed up at the boat and put some sleepy medicine in his cup and taken Naya against her will?

Nancy Grace on search for Naya Rivera, Ghislaine Maxwell case

He could have cried himself to sleep. It’s also possible he just didn’t understand what happened and wasn’t scared.

I know nothing about searching underwater for anything. I have heard conflicting stories regarding the visibility of the divers. From what I understand there is a lot of brush, rocks etc..they said there are some areas in the lake that there are actual trees(assume the deeper areas) and that they have to actually freak through using their hands, the tangled brush from vegetation, trees on the bottom of the lake floor.
Another interview with an official said it could have been possible that when Naya dove off the boat, due to the visibility issue again, it could have been very shallow "3 feet" and broken her neck. Finally, the spokesperson for Ventura Sheriff's said there is NO current and where any incident happened is where her body would remain. The wind may have very well caused the boat itself to move up/down the lake but her body would not. Hearing all this and I apologize if I didn't list the comments chronologically....
Where was her boat found?
Was the engine running?
Was it anchored?
Has Naya Rivera rented a boat from Lake Piru before, and what is her experience regarding boating skills, and her swimming level?

<modsnip>

We all want her found, alive. We all want her found. I can't imagine being in this situation with someone I love and the possibility of never knowing. in my head, that just is NOT an option.

According to a article posted recently on this thread, LE will now search cabins on the lake, not because they think she’s there but because of growing SM theories. I’m sorry, but she didn’t make it out of the lake to a cabin and is slowly nursing herself back to health, while waiting for a rescue. IMO, a complete waste of resources to put baseless theories to rest.

IMO
Yeah, it's a shame they have to divert resources away from searching the lake to try and assuage social media.

The conspiracies have hatched and continue to grow in this situation.

IMO

Life jackets would be supplied by the facility that rents the boats, as they are required by law to have them on board.

IMO
To be honest and knowing myself, there is no doubt my child would wear the vest, but I can't be 100% sure that I would have worn a vest. It is required that they be on board. If someone chooses to wear one, another story. I include myself in that scenario.

To be honest and knowing myself, there is no doubt my child would wear the vest, but I can't be 100% sure that I would have worn a vest. It is required that they be on board. If someone chooses to wear one, another story. I include myself in that scenario.
My comment had to do with my opinion that of the things she brought along with her, that has so transfixed people they are trying to guess what all she could have included in the "big white bag," it wasn't life jackets, since those would be provided by the rental boat company. (Choosing to wear the life jacket is a different thing altogether.)

IMO

I know nothing about searching underwater for anything. I have heard conflicting stories regarding the visibility of the divers. From what I understand there is a lot of brush, rocks etc..they said there are some areas in the lake that there are actual trees(assume the deeper areas) and that they have to actually freak through using their hands, the tangled brush from vegetation, trees on the bottom of the lake floor.
Another interview with an official said it could have been possible that when Naya dove off the boat, due to the visibility issue again, it could have been very shallow "3 feet" and broken her neck. Finally, the spokesperson for Ventura Sheriff's said there is NO current and where any incident happened is where her body would remain. The wind may have very well caused the boat itself to move up/down the lake but her body would not. Hearing all this and I apologize if I didn't list the comments chronologically....
Where was her boat found?
Was the engine running?
Was it anchored?
Has Naya Rivera rented a boat from Lake Piru before, and what is her experience regarding boating skills, and her swimming level?

<modsnip>

We all want her found, alive. We all want her found. I can't imagine being in this situation with someone I love and the possibility of never knowing. in my head, that just is NOT an option.

Apparently she was known to have rented a boat there many times before.

Also no, I don't think the boat was anchored.

That's my assumption about what was in the bag. I was only commenting on the life jacket part of the guesstimates.
Yes, to me it's not curious or mysterious that she was carrying such a large bag or that the bag looked smaller in the picture of the boat.

If many of the items were for her son, then the family likely has them now so they would not still be in the bag.

I really hope today is they day she is found and her family can be brought some comfort with that. I'm just so sad that it's looking like there's no chance she'll be alive, which I shouldn't of kept hope this long but I'm just heartbroken.
Sometimes it's hard, but I force myself to stick to the rule that "if no remains have been found, we hold on to that tiny shred of hope that the subject is still alive". So I am doing that. Admittedly, that hope seems very unlikely at this point.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back