Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nancy grace was interviewed about this and said don’t rule out foul play interview all the boyfriends and did Naya rent the boat herself or did some one else rent the boat for her earlier? It’s odd the boy was asleep. My two boys would have been crying their heads off, screaming loudly if I didn’t show up on that boat especially all alone. Certainly someone on that lake would have heard him crying out. Could someone have showed up at the boat and put some sleepy medicine in his cup and taken Naya against her will?

Nancy Grace on search for Naya Rivera, Ghislaine Maxwell case

Watching local news, I'd have to say that there are very few boats out there on weekdays (even weekends). It's so freakin' hot. One witness says there was one motorized craft with a water skier (so it was making noise), and some pontoon boats.

Perhaps the boy did cry for a while - I don't think it would be very audible from shore (today they seem to be looking near the middle of the lake). Then, he fell asleep. They left the marina around 1 pm, he was found at 4 pm.

Again, it's not a lake that lots of people go to - I grew up nearby, no way were any of us kids allowed out on that lake, due to the steep drop-off from shore and the incredible gooey muck and a layer of silt over it at the bottom. Those pontoon boats are not as easy to climb back in, when dripping wet, as they may look. Most people jump off them in the shallows (which are still 10-20 feet deep).

It's just so deep in the middle, and treading water is harder than people think. A man got too far from his pontoon boat in 2010 and drowned while friends looked on.

Man Drowned in Front of Eight Friends Jumping Off Pontoon Boat on Same Lake as Naya Rivera

I think another thing to consider for this case is nobody knows where the boat was when Naya disappeared. It could have been 5 feet from the shore and somebody from a camp ground could have just swam right up to her boat and jumped on. Or if she was out further they could have used a small boat. Her son could have been sleeping after the last time his mom went in the water and maybe doesn't remember anything. There are a lot of psychics posting videos online that claim that Naya met with foul play. They seem like they are in agreement on this. So these are just some things to consider.

I really hope today is they day she is found and her family can be brought some comfort with that. I'm just so sad that it's looking like there's no chance she'll be alive, which I shouldn't of kept hope this long but I'm just heartbroken.
Sometimes it's hard, but I force myself to stick to the rule that "if no remains have been found, we hold on to that tiny shred of hope that the subject is still alive". So I am doing that. Admittedly, that hope seems very unlikely at this point.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Did they say what time she took the pontoon out? Had she been out to lunch with anyone before they left? Perhaps she had a drink or more before leaving. Was this spur of the moment rental or had it been planned in advance? I know she had said it was her peaceful place or something like that. Sadly, I know alcohol many times causes unintentional drowning. I have two ER Drs in my family and here in CA it happens quite often. Why did she park so far away from the dock carrying the big bags as the parking lot was so empty? I would have parked in one of those spaces by the dock. Also it seems weird her 4yr boy would be swimming in a 30ft lake even with a life vest. Something just doesn’t add up. I don’t know my head is spinning.

Something about this doesn't add up for me. I understand how an accidental drowning can occur anywhere, we live near a deceptively difficult river and there are kayaking and swimming accidents all the time. But would you take a 4 year old out alone on a motor boat into a 130 ft deep lake? With a group or even a friend, sure, but by yourself? How was he going to the bathroom? Even with a life jacket on I don't know I'd go swimming in the middle of a deep and difficult to see lake with a toddler.

The article posted above said her purse was found in her car. Was her phone in the car or on the boat? Did she have a day bag on the boat with her son's various things he'd need for the day? I think that will say a lot. I hope she was ok, and I'm relieved her son was found unharmed.

Nancy grace was interviewed about this and said don’t rule out foul play interview all the boyfriends and did Naya rent the boat herself or did some one else rent the boat for her earlier? It’s odd the boy was asleep. My two boys would have been crying their heads off, screaming loudly if I didn’t show up on that boat especially all alone. Certainly someone on that lake would have heard him crying out. Could someone have showed up at the boat and put some sleepy medicine in his cup and taken Naya against her will?

Nancy Grace on search for Naya Rivera, Ghislaine Maxwell case

The sheriff already said at the very beginning of this that there were very few people on the lake. I think that’s obvious with so few cars in the parking lot. He said she may have liked going to the lake on a weekday because there was hardly anyone there. So if someone where to have followed her, I’m pretty sure they would know.

What I found rather odd is that the video of her walking across the parking lot with her son shows her carrying an extremely large, obviously very heavy white sack slung over her shoulder. What was in that bag? No mention has been made of the bag being found on the boat. Her son was carrying a small white sack which did not seem unusual, but there is something "off" about her carrying this huge sack on a 3-hour boat-ride. Was she meeting up with someone? So many unanswered questions.

What I found rather odd is that the video of her walking across the parking lot with her son shows her carrying an extremely large, obviously very heavy white sack slung over her shoulder. What was in that bag? No mention has been made of the bag being found on the boat. Her son was carrying a small white sack which did not seem unusual, but there is something "off" about her carrying this huge sack on a 3-hour boat-ride. Was she meeting up with someone? So many unanswered questions.

She probably packed towels, extra clothes, and maybe even lunch or snacks for them.

Sometimes it's hard, but I force myself to stick to the rule that "if no remains have been found, we hold on to that tiny shred of hope that the subject is still alive". So I am doing that. Admittedly, that hope seems very unlikely at this point.

I think the same way..if you don't know where something is, you don't know where something is not.

The most difficult part for me (and I’m sure the investigators too) is that they have no idea where she went in at. The boat was found at the north end, but they could have decided to swim an hour into the trip and the boat could have been drifting for 2-3 hours.

The most difficult part for me (and I’m sure the investigators too) is that they have no idea where she went in at. The boat was found at the north end, but they could have decided to swim an hour into the trip and the boat could have been drifting for 2-3 hours.
True. However, if I understand correctly, our subject knew this lake well. As such, she likely knew the best spots to swim. I'd start there, as long as it aligns with the initial trajectory of where she was heading when she initially departed from the dock.

Watching local news, I'd have to say that there are very few boats out there on weekdays (even weekends). It's so freakin' hot. One witness says there was one motorized craft with a water skier (so it was making noise), and some pontoon boats.

Perhaps the boy did cry for a while - I don't think it would be very audible from shore (today they seem to be looking near the middle of the lake). Then, he fell asleep. They left the marina around 1 pm, he was found at 4 pm.

It’s possible for a child to cry himself to sleep, especially if he was already exhausted. Maybe when he woke up he was hoping it was just a bad dream. Poor child.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Discussing or challenging moderation on thread is a violation of TOS. It takes the focus off the case and can end up derailing the thread.

If members have a question about moderation, please do not post it on the thread. Address your questions to a Mod or an Admin in a private conversation.

Thanks.

The sheriff already said at the very beginning of this that there were very few people on the lake. I think that’s obvious with so few cars in the parking lot. He said she may have liked going to the lake on a weekday because there was hardly anyone there. So if someone where to have followed her, I’m pretty sure they would know.

Are their other ways to launch a boat around the lake that they wouldn’t know about. She a very beautiful woman I just don’t know there are a lot of sexual predators and stalkers here in CA. It’s strange that her 4 yr old boy was sleeping and not wailing My boys are grown now but at that age if I wasn’t in their site they would have been panicked and been crying hard out on a big scary lake alone. I don’t know if everything a four year old says is completely accurate and I would not completely depend on it. Sometimes stories from little tykes aren’t always correct. I was googling different side sonar equipment for locating bodies. Their are some very sophisticated $200,000 systems that are used. They one I saw they were using weren’t near as sophisticated as the others. Divers seem useless as you can’t see much around you which sucks. I think all avenues should be searched. I still feel there could have been foul play.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210
Back