CA CA - Neal, 42, & Brendan Abernathy, 12, Hercules, 19 Feb 1997

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The wife says she wants to put it behind her. But how can you put your child's murder behind you? I don't get it. If just her husband would've been killed, maybe. I don't agree, but people mourn differently. But your child?!?! I would be pulling this earth apart molecule by molecule and go to my grave fighting for answers. And yhea, I don't get the second husband's refusal to give an alibi. Seems simple enough just to do and get yourself off the list.

Hello, these are some thoughts that I wanted to share with you about the killer's profile.
What if the killer was a friend of the victim? a school boyfriend?
First, in that case , it seems that Brendan was the last to be shot :
it does make it seem like these two murders involved an aspect of sadism and a desire to see the anguish of one victim while murdering the loved dad in front of his son . ( I recall the 2 victims were tied ).
According to my hypothesis, it was the son who was the main target of the killer. So, a very personal murder may be due to jealousy, envy and sadism. Brendan’s intelligence and academic success could have led to such hatred: let us not forget that he was blessed with a father who was very loving and devoted to his son.
According to my scenario, the friend phones Brendan to warn him that he will go home and put him in complete confidence . Once in the house, he pulls out his weapon and under threat forces them to attach each other: the victims do not believe in the worst and do not try to resist . Maybe even the killers are they two: 2 friends, 2 brothers, 1 couple father/son etc...
Let’s not forget that Brendan had just been selected for a gifted program: it may very well have stirred up hatred towards him and his father. It was well premeditated and very personal murders.
Maybe Brendan’s middle school is the way to solve this puzzle.

Hello, these are some thoughts that I wanted to share with you about the killer's profile.
What if the killer was a friend of the victim? a school boyfriend?
First, in that case , it seems that Brendan was the last to be shot :
it does make it seem like these two murders involved an aspect of sadism and a desire to see the anguish of one victim while murdering the loved dad in front of his son . ( I recall the 2 victims were tied ).
According to my hypothesis, it was the son who was the main target of the killer. So, a very personal murder may be due to jealousy, envy and sadism. Brendan’s intelligence and academic success could have led to such hatred: let us not forget that he was blessed with a father who was very loving and devoted to his son.
According to my scenario, the friend phones Brendan to warn him that he will go home and put him in complete confidence . Once in the house, he pulls out his weapon and under threat forces them to attach each other: the victims do not believe in the worst and do not try to resist . Maybe even the killers are they two: 2 friends, 2 brothers, 1 couple father/son etc...
Let’s not forget that Brendan had just been selected for a gifted program: it may very well have stirred up hatred towards him and his father. It was well premeditated and very personal murders.
Maybe Brendan’s middle school is the way to solve this puzzle.
I agree it’s a very personal crime, very.

amateur opinion and speculation

I highly doubt Brenden was the target. 12 years old is WAY too young to pull off a crime like this. UNLESS it was a pedophile. But I haven't heard that as a theory, and pedos usually find easier ways to get victims. Which leads me back to the wife.

Good evening to you all,
I am surprised that there are so few people who testify on this double murder. No one seems involved to find the author(s). It’s like Neal and Brendan never existed.

Probably because Brendan's mother doesn't seem to care.
Yes, it is true that her attitude is disturbing. But around the two victims there were paternal and maternal family, friends, acquaintances, neighbours .... So the investigators must have gathered quite a lot of testimony. It is true that we know very little about this investigation. I hope that the local investigators were able to get help from criminology experts, if only to establish a profile of the culprit(s).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel
Back