CA - O.J. Simpson & the murders of Nicole Brown, Ron Goldman, 1994 *not guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess some people believe everything they read. Even when there isn't an ounce of proof provided and there is no byline.

Here is the unredacted Twitter:

theunredacted –
@theunredacted
Conspiracies, mysteries and the weird

UK·theunredacted.com​

One of their topics:

Welcome to Jonestown - was the People's Temple massacre a CIA mind control experiment? http://theunredacted.com/the-peoples-temple-massacre-welcome-to-/ …

Well, this is terrific news, isn't it? I believe that "The Juice" has been tirelessly searching for the killer of his wife. He appears to think that the killer can be found in posh restaurants and golf courses. Perhaps so. I do think that he's been avoiding mirrors, though.

At any rate, a sad fact is that even if there wasn't double jeopardy, the custody of evidence has been totally corrupted, so this knife would be worthless in trial. (Sorry if this has been mentioned before.)

I don't get for an instant why some people are hellbent on defending him. Right now, it's only the least responsible press and absolute lunatics that think anyone else is guilty.

TMZ broke the story ... a construction worker at O.J. Simpson's former estate approached him with the 5" buck knife in 2002. Maycott insists he called the West L.A. Division of LAPD and informed them of the knife, but they said the case was closed and expressed no interest, so he took it home.

http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz41zmLIgij

The son did have a motive and he did have the means. I am still wondering if he was the one who started the assault and OJ came to try and stop it but was too late.

I lived a couple of miles away from Nicole Simpsons condo. Our kids were the same age and I had friends who knew them through their kids school. There was a very persistent rumor about the motive and the trigger involving Jason.

One thing was that Jason felt awful about the way his mother was treated by OJ after he met Nicole. A beautiful young blonde 'overthrew' his mother's position. OJ ripped off his ex and she was living in bad conditions and having money issues because she did not handle her divorce correctly. Jason always felt guilty about that because he chose to hang with his Dad in LA and he was also attracted to Nicole. So he was very conflicted emotionally about Nicole.

Also, the local story was that Nicole 'betrayed' Jason on the night she was killed and he went off the deep end. There was a recital by Nicoles daughter that night. And the entire extended family was attending. Apparently Jason was working as a chef in a restaurant and Nicole had promised to bring the family to dinner there. Jason was very excited to cook for them and wanted to be included by them. But she never showed up. THey all went to a different restaurant and Jason felt humiliated in front of his boss and coworkers.

http://theunredacted.com/oj-simpson-a-killer-in-the-family/

A Killer in the Family
Was OJ Simpson’s son Jason the true killer of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown?
Jason had a history of violent outbursts and was diagnosed with IED — ‘Intermittent Explosive Disorder’, a syndrome characterized by extreme outbursts of anger and rage over often trivial matters.

At the time of the murders, Jason was on probation after being arrested for attacking a former employer with a knife.

Two months earlier he violently assaulted Jennifer Green, his then girlfriend. On another occasion, he attacked a former girlfriend and sliced off her hair with a knife.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/inside-deranged-mind-oj-simpsons-violent-son/

The deranged mind of Jason Simpson:

What’s more, Jason refused to take the powerful psychotic drug known as Depakote in 1994, his ex-girlfriend told William.

A prescription had been written for Jason after he had been psychiatrically treated for violent impulses and behavior, William has alleged.

He said a report from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center dated January 1994 – five months before the murders of Ron and Nicole – identified Jason as a patient who “feels like he’s going to rage.”

One journal entry elaborated: “Here I sit. On a hospital issued, pink, plastic and wood chair. On level two. Yes level two. I survived 21 years and two suicide attempts, countless drug-filled nights.”

“I will now not stop until final justice is given to the victims,” private eye Michael told The ENQUIRER.

:thinking:

My husband takes Depakote for epilepsy(seizures).....since the mid 90s.....in very high dosages. It stops seizures, not violent episodes..... JMO, but seizures and "violent episodes," as in the person becomes "violent":

vi·o·lent
ˈvī(ə)lənt/Submit
adjective
using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something

are not related.

:moo:

TMZ broke the story ... a construction worker at O.J. Simpson's former estate approached him with the 5" buck knife in 2002. Maycott insists he called the West L.A. Division of LAPD and informed them of the knife, but they said the case was closed and expressed no interest, so he took it home.

http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz41zmLIgij

BBM

Why am I not surprised! Sheesh.

But a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation says the preliminary assessment is that it is not the murder weapon. The real weapon, the official said, would likely be larger and possibly "exotic."
Maycott then took the knife -- a 5-inch buck knife with a brown handle -- home and put it in his toolbox, where it sat for about 15 years, Copeland said. The knife was taken into custody by police on Feb. 10.
Maycott is retired so there likely would not be administrative charges, Neiman said. Investigators will look into whether there is any potential for criminal charges, Neiman said.
Police do not know the identity of the alleged construction worker who found the knife, Neiman said, and the authorities ask that he come forward.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/knife-found-oj-simpson-property-handed-lapd-past/story?id=37397516

But a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation says the preliminary assessment is that it is not the murder weapon. The real weapon, the official said, would likely be larger and possibly "exotic."
Maycott then took the knife -- a 5-inch buck knife with a brown handle -- home and put it in his toolbox, where it sat for about 15 years, Copeland said. The knife was taken into custody by police on Feb. 10.
Maycott is retired so there likely would not be administrative charges, Neiman said. Investigators will look into whether there is any potential for criminal charges, Neiman said.
Police do not know the identity of the alleged construction worker who found the knife, Neiman said, and the authorities ask that he come forward.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/knife-found-oj-simpson-property-handed-lapd-past/story?id=37397516

Interesting. Thank you for the link. I find the timing interesting like many others and I do wonder whether or not the retired officers claim that he did alert the LAPD to this years ago are true and wonder if the alleged construction worker will come forward.

I was in 5th grade when this happened and followed up a little bit over more recent years with some of my own research but I am def not as familiar with all the details of this case as most posters. I do think he's guilty but certainly think there are people who could have helped him hide evidence, etc, after the murders occurred. I found the info posted up thread about his son by Katydid very interesting so thank you to her as well.

I was just checking my regular morning news websites and tmz has an article up saying that the medical examiner who performed both autopsies told tmz that this murder weapon could match the wounds inflicted. So who knows. There's more at the link:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/05/oj-simpson-buck-knife-nicole-brown-ron-goldman-wounds/

Jason Simpson may well have a temper and be violent, but the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. OJ is a known, violent, batterer. There is photographic proof, his bloody shoeprints from the "Ugly *advertiser censored*" Bruno Magli shoes he claimed not to own were found at the scene, there was blood on his socks, he didn't answer the door because he was getting back into the house. This should have been a slam dunk case were it not for the biased jury, the mistakes the prosecution made, and the bigotry of Mark Fuhrman.

Yea I have to say I was shocked at the jury selection and some of the prosecution blunders. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I will be very interested in hearing the Marcia Cross interview on Sunday. I do know several people who all believe he is definitely guilty but think the jury verdict was reasonable based on the trial.

I watched, read, and even listened to the trial on the car radio (yes, they did that back then!) from the moment that white Bronco was being chased down the highway. Although the information about OJ's son is interesting, I will never believe that anyone but OJ was responsible for the murders of Nicole and Ron.

OJ was a jealous, controlling wife batterer. IIRC Nicole even had photos of herself after he had beaten her in a safe deposit box. Her sister and others were well aware of went on. Nicole even had called LE previously about this. My feeling has always been that since they were separated, that his feeling was no one could have her if he couldn't. Ron showed up with Nicole, so he murdered them both...violently, viciously.

I will never forget that animated show OJ put on as he was trying to put that blood dried glove on his hand at trial...what a joke. Although he was unfortunately acquitted, karma seems to have caught up with him...and hope it continues. Don't think it's going to be this mysterious knife, but hope I'm wrong.

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit"

Question probably 22 years too late, but I was very young whe this all happened.

If the court says OJ didn't do it, who did? Did the investigation stop because everyone knew it was OJ that did it? He lost the civil suit so how can he be responsible for the death but not guilty of it??? What the hell happened in 1994????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The police and prosecutors believed he was the murderer, but they lost the case.

They were helpless, and no match against the legal eagles on Simpson's defense team. With 95 million people watching, there was no way they were going to let that litte prosecution team beat them. It would have been embarrassing.

"If it doesn't fit, you must aquit".

Simpson lost his civil suit because attornys didn't call Mark Furman to testify, and also avoided other mistakes that was made by prosecutors in the murder trial.

Question probably 22 years too late, but I was very young whe this all happened.

If the court says OJ didn't do it, who did? Did the investigation stop because everyone knew it was OJ that did it? He lost the civil suit so how can he be responsible for the death but not guilty of it??? What the hell happened in 1994????

Every freaking angle of the investigation and trial were screwed up! A fiasco.
Wikipedia, actually, has a very good recap. It includes all the evidence NOT presented, Judge Ito's nonsense and so much more.

Wikipedia, actually, has a very good recap. It includes all the evidence NOT presented, Judge Ito's nonsense and so much more.

The bloody glove did not fit, so they had to aquit.

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit"

It didn't fit because of the shrinkage from the amount of dried liquid blood! Also OJ stopped taking his arthritis meds, so his hands had swelled, and he was putting on a act mugging it up. Those were the murder gloves!!! Christopher Darden shoudn't have tried for the Perry Mason moment on live TV.

You had a majority black jury that refused to convict. The first vote was 10-2 for acquittal. One black male said his mind was already made up- they never considered the DNA evidence. They wanted to go home. The witness who saw OJ disposing of items in a trashcan at LAX was never put on, and police didn't make it to that trashcan in time. The trial NEVER should have been held in downtown L.A., it should have been held in Santa Monica (closest to where the crime was committed).
They also held Mark Fuhrman's bigotry and lying about it against him, as though he had planted evidence to frame OJ because OJ was black. The lawyers also doctored OJ's house when the jury came to see it and changed out all the pictures on the walls, substituting the pictures of OJ posing with white people, with family pictures and pictures of blacks to influence them. Carl Douglas gleefully, openly admits to doing this!!

Linas.....you recapped the bullet points of the trial so well! I watched an episode last night about the trial and cringed the whole way through. So many sad memories of what a joke this whole event turned out to be. What a sham in every way.....it's almost laughable if it wasn't so tragic. I feel bad because Ron Goldman always seems to be a footnote in the media coverage. His dad and sister were so stoic and tried so hard to keep his memory alive. My heart still breaks for them.

I'd better not give my opinion about Carl Douglas other than to say he comes off as extremely angry and uncaring toward the victims.

did you ever try to put on shrunken leather gloves over latex gloves...........what a joke!
I watched everything.......glued to TV, I had a TV in my office.........(even taped it on VCR)
I had 16 employees at the time and 3 of them was positive he could not be the murderer.
OJ had the charm outside of his personal life, actor, football player,commentator,commercials.
Before the trial, I went to VA Beach and in the shops there were T shirts and souveniors saying FREE the Juice etc..............
everything was a complete circus........the victims were lost in the whole thing.

yes, the Bronco chase and the evidence of that was never introduced.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb
Back