CA CA/OH/LA/MS/TX - SAMUEL LITTLE, aka Samuel McDowell, 1970's thru 2012, Serial Killer

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Can we go into the missing files for these states and help identify possible victims

• Total voters
This makes me so angry.
It's because nobody cared enough about women about colour to give a damn.
^^^ I've thought that was a myth, maybe not ?
You could be right.

So that's the reason why these women weren't afforded the same care and the investigations that Natalee Holloway and Chelsea King were ?

Phylicia Barnes (African-Am.) went missing and the reason many heard of her is due to the fact that her family put up a reward and an expensive investigation.

Or was it just that these poor victims didn't have family with means to pay for a thorough investigation ?
Seriously asking, here.

Also -- there's a podcast where the hosts said that sometimes people who are substance abusers are sadly often easier to kill; as they're more vulnerable , and a murder can be disguised as an overdose or some other 'accident'.
Horrible.

And if these victims lived a more transient lifestyle-- they may have been harder to find , even for their loved ones.

However-- with so many victims -- this M.L. might have preyed on a large segment of the population wherever he lived -- including everyone from poorer sex workers or junkies, to middle or upper class women who were going about their business , and grabbed by this devil.
So he killed whomever... and wherever it was convenient.

Last edited:
I feel like this thread is a bit "hidden". Shouldn't it be under "crimes in the news" since it's still developing and not just a CA case anymore? We have wonderful sleuths here who might be able to match some missing women with these sketches if it was brought to their attention. I was mainly unaware of this case until it popped up on CNN, and unaware that it involved my hometown until it popped up on their news site as well.
Man who confessed to killing 93 people draws sketch of Fort Myers victim

The FBI has labeled Samuel Little “the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history” after verifying 50 of the 93 murders to which he confessed, and now the agency is asking for the public’s help in identifying his victims.

The FBI made the announcement on Sunday, adding that their crime analysts believe all 93 murders Little confessed to are “credible.” According to the FBI, the 79-year-old inmate says he strangled the 93 victims between 1970 and 2005. (He is currently serving three life sentences in the strangulation deaths of three women in California.)

At the time, many of his victims’ deaths were attributed to overdoses or undetermined causes, or were ruled accidental. Now, the FBI is sharing confession tapes and drawings done by Little in order to identify all of his victims.

“For many years, Samuel Little believed he would not be caught because he thought no one was accounting for his victims,” Christie Palazzolo with the FBI’s Violent Criminal Apprehension Program said. “Even though he is already in prison, the FBI believes it is important to seek justice for each victim — to close every case possible.”

Authorities also released an updated map of the killings Little has confessed to, which was originally published in November 2018, and an updated list of his drawings of his victims.

The FBI urged anyone with information related to Little’s confessions to contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI or submit at tip online at tips.fbi.gov.
FBI Says Samuel Little Is 'Most Prolific Serial Killer in U.S. History' After Verifying 50 Murders

October 8, 2019

PERRY, Fla. (WCTV) — Samuel Little, who the FBI just named the "most prolific" serial killer in U.S. history, was formally charged earlier this year for killing a woman in North Florida.

The 3rd district state attorney’s office says a Taylor County grand jury indicted Little in April for the death of Ruby Lane 26 years ago.

Ms. Lane went missing around May 1993. Her skeletal remains were found in 2000 in Madison County, near Greenville. Those remains were not identified in 2014.

Little confessed to killing Lane in November 2018, describing specific details about where her body was found and the clothing she was wearing, according to Perry police chief Jamie Cruse.

Witnesses say they remember Samuel Little being in the Perry area at the time of Lane’s disappearance.

FBI's 'most prolific' serial killer charged in North Florida killing

upload_2019-10-8_18-28-43.jpeg
Unmatched Confession: Black female, age 28, killed in Charleston between 1977 and 1982 drawn by Samuel Little. (FBI)

The FBI has released a sketch drawn by Samuel Little, who the agency just named the most prolific serial killer in US history, of a woman he claims to have murdered in Charleston roughly five decades ago.

Little claims he killed a 28-year-old black woman between 1977 and 1982, but authorities say they have not been able to find a victim or confirm her death.

Charleston Police Department has not found any case files matching the reported murder described by Little, according to spokesperson Charles Francis.

North Charleston Police Department has been in touch with the FBI, and detectives have pulled unsolved case files between 1977 and 1982 to see if any match Little's description.
FBI releases sketch of woman possibly murdered in Charleston by serial killer

Oct 8, 2019

[...]

Little gave interviews describing each scene and victim.

“Tell me about Marianne.”

“She was what you nowadays, what you call a transgender.”

Miami – 1971 or 1972.

“She weighed about 135, maybe 140.”

“How old do you think she was?”

“She was 19.”

He says this is Ruth from North Little Rock, Arkansas. And the timeline is from 1992 to 1994.

“Oh man, I loved her. And she was light skinned, honey colored skin. Her and like six other girls were sitting on a porch doing some crack in there.”

Authorities say Little targeted women often of marginalized or vulnerable groups such as prostitutes or drug addicts.

An unnamed woman, who Little met in Columbus, Ohio, drove with her to Kentucky, then killed her.

“So, you meet this girl, I guess you’re at a strip bar in downtown Columbus.”

“I went out to the car this white girl come out of the building. My trunk open. She walked over to me and said, ‘can you take me to Miami?'”

Las Vegas, 1993.

“She was kind of thin, dark skinned about 40 years old. She’s out there hustling.”

New Orleans – a decade earlier.

“Tell me where you met her.”

“I met her at a night club in New Orleans. And while we were dancing, she says ‘you want to go riding after this, you know after this party’s over?'”

The FBI says the bodies sometimes went unidentified and their deaths were never investigated.

Convicted in 2014, now serving three life sentences in California for multiple killings, authorities hope someone may remember a detail that could further the investigations.

SAMUEL-LITTLES-VICTIMS.jpg

FBI needs help identifying victims of serial killer

On Jan 18, 1975, Martha Cunningham's body was recovered in a wooded area near Oglesby Lane in Knox County, Downs said. But it would take more than 40 years for Cunningham's killer to come forward.

On Monday, October 7, authorities in Knox County confirmed that Cunningham, Downs' sister, was probably one of Little's victims.

Cunningham's body was found by a pair of hunters on that winter afternoon in 1975. She was bruised and nude from the waist down; her pantyhose and girdle bunched around her knees. Her purse and some of her jewelry were missing. Her body appeared to have been dragged into the woods and dumped behind a pine tree, authorities said at the time.

Despite that evidence, detectives at the time attributed Cunningham's death to natural causes within a day of the discovery. The medical examiner's investigative report lists the probable cause of death as "unknown."

Cunningham was a talented singer and pianist who grew up performing with her parents and her six younger siblings in a gospel group known as the Happy Home Jubilee Singers.

For more information or to report potential cases linked to Little, contact the FBI's Violent Criminal Apprehension Program at 800-634-4097.
Sister of Knoxville woman murdered by serial killer speaks out

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03