Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was me, I said it looked like a doggie door next to the slider that was boarded up. It was one of the pictures Tricia posted. Don't know how to bring it over. Amanda probably could.
Thanks. Is it one of these from yesterday? I see it now.
upload_2021-1-14_20-16-38.jpeg
upload_2021-1-14_20-17-25.jpeg
*No, I don’t think there was a dog involved accidental death. Not even on my radar. When I read dog door, I was thinking more along the lines of a door to a kennel cage or doghouse.

Last edited:
I’m going to add to “Chalkgate”.

Someone more familiar with LE would know this better than I, but wouldn’t LE have taken the chalk as evidence? The story is that the boys were playing with chalk on the concrete so I would think that LE would have taken it during one of there searches.

I’ve moved solidly into the chalk being a plant unless someone thinks that LE wouldn’t collect the chalk the boys were using.
I agree. I did however think about the possibility that perhaps a forensic team was doing some sort of testing, but leaving chalk laying around after they were done seems sloppy, so I discounted that.

How weird would it be that some joe blow public went back there and was messing around with chalk? Wrong on so many levels.

Hey Everyone,

A member of Websleuths went to California City yesterday and spoke with the neighbors.
She joins us tonight on Websleuths YouTube Live. CLICK HERE AT 10:15 PM EASTERN AND JOIN US
Thank you Tricia. I’m excited to hear from our member. I watched the last three episodes today playing catch-up. I enjoy seeing you with your little dog and hearing your case viewpoints.

right... my son was 37" at his 2 year appt. he was like 97% and projected to be 6"2 as an adult. he also weighed 42 pounds at age 5, but hes thin.
Exactly. My kids will never be very tall adults, but my son was over 3ft at his 2 year check up too. Also I have SO MANY photos because LOVE. And phone cameras became prevalent around 10 years ago. The West boys’ photos and records are garbage. Might mean nothing. But feels like something. JMO. How long have the boys been missing?

Hey Everyone,

A member of Websleuths went to California City yesterday and spoke with the neighbors.
She joins us tonight on Websleuths YouTube Live. CLICK HERE AT 10:15 PM EASTERN AND JOIN US
Big questions:
1) When and where were the kids last seen by anyone other than the parents?
2) When and where were the kids last photographed or caught on surveillance tape? Definitively! (Were they ever photographed in new home or since move to Cal City? Or at old house in Bakersfield? Or have they been missing a LONG time!! As the old photos suggest)
3) when did grandparents/ extended family last see O & O in person or FaceTime?

I’m stuck on all the holes and the Chief’s comment in his press conference. We just want to dig up any evidence
Thanks for posting this video clip @imstilla.grandma. Wow, 2nd search warrant executed on the home, LE carrying out bags of evidence, holes in the yard, want to dig up any evidence, have no idea how the boys got out of the backyard, not branching out and searching the desert, no neighbor sightings of the children-ever, believe foul play is involved.......

IOW, LE hasn’t left the house.

I think we know where this is going. :(

IMHO

Last edited:
I really don't believe the van was driven around to make it appear that the boys were being tracked down.
I think he just wanted the engine warm for when LE showed up and touched the hood.
Or making himself noticeable to any neighbors watching and when in doubt, stop and ask a guy who from what I recall is already outside. No door to door. IMO

Thanks for posting this video clip @imstilla.grandma. Wow, 2nd search warrant executed on the home, LE carrying out bags of evidence, the holes in the yard, want to dig up any evidence, no reason to branch out and search the desert, no neighbor sightings of the children-ever, believe foul play is involved....

IOW, LE hasn’t left the house.

I think it’s safe to say, we know where this is going. :(

IMHO
“I can’t comment on that, whether I think they’re alive or not. I do suspect foul play,” he said. “We have not been able to put together how the boys got out of the yard or where they've gone.”

“We were trying to dig up any possible thing of where they had gone and to confirm that they are not in the back yard,” Walker said.
Cal City police chief on missing boys: 'I do suspect foul play'

Chief Walker, says right now police are waiting on the analysis results from the items that were taken from the house, the boys were last seen. Those household goods and electronic items are being analyzed in Bakersfield.

Walker says they're not ruling anything out at this point. They haven't identified anyone. Right now, they're trying to eliminate suspects.
More than 100 search for missing Cal City boys in desert near their house

*^this is a good example of a poor article. No quotes from the Chief - only paraphrasing.

This is a better written article with the quote:

"We are trying to eliminate people and you always start with the people closest to them and the people who saw them last,” Chief Jon Walker, California City Police, said. “Have we questioned them? Absolutely. Have we searched the house? Absolutely. The backyard, absolutely. All the other rumors are just that., rumors. And they are entitled to their privacy and people staying off of their private property."
Community searches for missing toddlers in California desert

Hey Everyone,

A procedural-type question for those of us who can't/don't watch the youtube discussions -- if some new information were to be introduced during the video, such as photos etc, would it also be brought over here to the thread here for those of us who only read?

Thanks!

A procedural-type question for those of us who can't/don't watch the youtube discussions -- if some new information were to be introduced during the video, such as photos etc, would it also be brought over here to the thread here for those of us who only read?

Thanks!

Yes, a member visited the home and took pics that will be uploaded here. Idk if the new info can be discussed here. If so someone will post I think.

Good God, after watching that video, I'm left thinking the little guys were sold. Please don't hate me for saying that, it is just my thought. JMO

wouldn't you keep it quiet if you did that though?
You'd tell family that you decided to 'give them back' to the adoption/foster services. You wouldn't tell LE anything at all. You'd stay as far under the radar as possible, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova