Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on Websleuths for awhile now and have a lot of cases of multiple siblings who disappeared on my Watch list. It does happen and we need to take each case individually.
This is the oldest case on my list, I think. From the 1950's, three little brothers disappeared at the same time :(, either drowned or abducted.
MN - MN - Ken, David, & Dan Klein, ages 4, 6, 8, Minneapolis, Nov 1951
And don't forget the tragic case in Australia of the Beaumont children.

Over the decades since, it has happened again and again. May the evidence come out to show what truly happened and may these families find answers, including O & O's families.
You are so right! We must consider all possibilities; rather than a default conclusion. Wise words.

amateur opinion and speculation

RSBBM. I feel for RD, I do, my heart goes out to her, but the above bolded is just not taking any ownership or responsibility of why the boys were placed into foster care.
That type of break is not from a child falling and is just a small incident.
Agreed. Nor is that small incident *cough cough* o_O the whole story, IMO.
I am 3+ weeks post-op from a broken femur. I knew immediately that my femur broke when I fell. There’s no way that a parent or caregiver didn't know this child needed immediate medical attention.

FEB 23, 2021
$122,000 reward for California City missing boys: What it takes to claim the money | KGET 17
[...]

... Local businesses, individuals and the city have pledged a total of $122,000.

“Promising money is basically pledging money,” said Chief of Police, Jon Walker. “They’re going to distribute that money how they see fit.”

[...]

The California City Council met January 7th and put up a $25,000 reward. But in that meeting – they agreed the reward would expire on February 23rd.

“The expiration was simply based on policy,” said Anna Linn, city manager. “They wanted to do some house cleaning to make sure when we spend public funds, we do it responsibly.”

The city manager says the council needed time to make a final reward policy that they can renew and use in future missing persons cases.

[...]

Nine different entities have pledged reward money. Seven say they will give the money to anyone with information that leads to finding the boys. They say they don’t require an arrest or conviction for someone to receive their reward. Traditional co specified they will only give their reward to the informant if the boys are found alive. Murphy’s Pool and Spa and the city they require arrest and conviction before giving their reward money. The city manager says they’ll renew their $25,000 reward at their city council meeting Tuesday at 6pm.

New video: Perla interview with chief full interview - viewer questions

Not much new but worth a look.

chief is sure the boys aren’t in the cal city house.

FBI has photos off the phones. Parents were given new phones he thinks. Chief couldn’t speak to why JW hasn’t released more photos.

Chief wouldn’t comment on interviews with the kids or last seen dates. Some reference to the “grandmas” being last to see them aside from parents but no date given.

No sightings since the 21st have proven to be true.

chief wouldn’t comment on if o and o were ever seen on surveillance tape in cal city neighborhood or comment on the tapes at all beyond saying they have hours and hours of footage.

extended family have been interviewed.

eta - chief is still refusing to release 911 call tape.

FBI has photos off the phones. Parents were given new phones he thinks. Chief couldn’t speak to why JW hasn’t released more photos.

Chief wouldn’t comment on interviews with the kids or last seen dates. Some reference to the “grandmas” being last to see them aside from parents but no date given.

chief wouldn’t comment on if o and o were ever seen on surveillance tape in cal city neighborhood or comment on the tapes at all beyond saying they have hours and hours of footage.

extended family have been interviewed.

eta - chief is still refusing to release 911 call tape.
Thanks, Moe. I noted an interesting statement by the Chief while he was discussing investigative tools - dogs, polygraphs, etc.

He said that dogs are not always 100% accurate and that night that the dogs alerted inside the house but didn’t alert outside doesn’t mean anything.

Then at the 9:12 mark he says, “Just like uh, um, people keep asking about a polygraph; polygraph is not admissible in court. Is it a tool? Sure. Can, can I believe at some point that maybe that you are being deceptive by the results of the test? Sure. But it’s only a tool. It’s only a tool to help us go in a certain direction. But right now um, um, we don’t have any of that. Unfortunately.”

Was that a slip? I think Perla caught it too because she immediately followed up by asking if the adoptive parents took polygraphs. He answered, “I can’t comment on that.”

A few other things I noted:

About 17:09, Perla asks about the last time the adoptive parents were interviewed. The Chief says, “Uh, I think formally interviewed it’s been, it’s been, several weeks.”

Perla then asks if the members of the birth family have been cooperative. The Chief says, “Uhhhh, they’ve, yes.” The last time he spoke with RD was on a conference call the day after the boys went missing. He said other people have been in contact with her but he has not.

17:59 - Perla asks him if anyone has been instructed not to talk to the media. The Chief said, “Not by us.”

When asked about evidence taken from the home, he mentioned electronics, clothes, bedding, and things from the back yard.

MOO

BBM RSBM
Does this mean that there are newer pics of the boys?

...aren’t in the cal city house.

Chief couldn’t speak to why JW hasn’t released more photos.

SBP and BBM

Well doh, they were reported missing from it. Does it mean they weren't ever?
That's a very good question, why haven't you JW?
That means that call from San Diego could hold some water?

This was interesting, wish the user hadn't deleted it already.
MOO.

So this is my answer to "has there ever been a case where two children go missing?
Yes, not at the same time but there has.

I still wonder if there is anything that's even closer to this one i.e both children go missing at the same time.

Yes well actually THREE BROTHERS went missing together. Referring to the Skelton Brothers from Morenci, MI. Cold case now, still missing, father in prison & still not talking after 11 yrs. so sad!!

Thanks, Moe. I noted an interesting statement by the Chief while he was discussing investigative tools - dogs, polygraphs, etc.

He said that dogs are not always 100% accurate and that night that the dogs alerted inside the house but didn’t alert outside doesn’t mean anything.

Then at the 9:12 mark he says, “Just like uh, um, people keep asking about a polygraph; polygraph is not admissible in court. Is it a tool? Sure. Can, can I believe at some point that maybe that you are being deceptive by the results of the test? Sure. But it’s only a tool. It’s only a tool to help us go in a certain direction. But right now um, um, we don’t have any of that. Unfortunately.”

Was that a slip? I think Perla caught it too because she immediately followed up by asking if the adoptive parents took polygraphs. He answered, “I can’t comment on that.”

About 17:09, Perla asks about the last time the adoptive parents were interviewed. The Chief says, “Uh, I think formally interviewed it’s been, it’s been, several weeks.”

Perla then asks if the members of the birth family have been cooperative. The Chief says, “Uhhhh, they’ve, yes.” The last time he spoke with RD was on a conference call the day after the boys went missing. He said other people have been in contact with her but he has not.

17:59 - Perla asks him if anyone has been instructed not to talk to the media. The Chief said, “Not by us.”

When asked about evidence taken from the home, he mentioned electronics, clothes, bedding, and things from the back yard.

MOO
"Several Weeks" Since the last formal interview. That tells me the AP are not a thorn in LE Side. I would be burning up their phone line,and bending their ears so hard they would hear my words in their dreams,aside from plastering their newest picks from here to kingdome come. MOO

Yes well actually THREE BROTHERS went missing together. Referring to the Skelton Brothers from Morenci, MI. Cold case now, still missing, father in prison & still not talking after 11 yrs. so sad!!

That reminds me of a case where a child disappeared, the Mother went to prison for seven years, never said anything. She has been released.

Does anyone remember that case?

I found it, she was released after serving four years of a ten year sentence.
https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article112769883.html

Anyone else getting the vibe that they have absolute (as my grandmother would say) “bubkis”? What I took from the interview:
- no reason to believe the kids aren’t alive = aka no real clues
- his “opinion” is that they didn’t leave the area without an adult making it happen but emphasizes it’s only his opinion = again, no clues
- “no specific suspects”
- IMO he seemed fuzzy on who the last people were (NOT the APs) that saw O&O... he thought it was grandparents but “I don’t know the exact dates”... if you’re working a missing children case isn’t this kind of timeline the FIRST thing you’d establish?? How does he not know these details?
- haven’t interviewed the APs in several weeks... so strange

MOO but I’m starting to lose a bit of faith in LE on this one. The Cal City police at least. Would love to hear from the FBI. I hope I’m wrong. The more time passes statistically the chances get worse.

Anyone else getting the vibe that they have absolute (as my grandmother would say) “bubkis”? What I took from the interview:
- no reason to believe the kids aren’t alive = aka no real clues
- his “opinion” is that they didn’t leave the area without an adult making it happen but emphasizes it’s only his opinion = again, no clues
- “no specific suspects”
- IMO he seemed fuzzy on who the last people were (NOT the APs) that saw O&O... he thought it was grandparents but “I don’t know the exact dates”... if you’re working a missing children case isn’t this kind of timeline the FIRST thing you’d establish?? How does he not know these details?
- haven’t interviewed the APs in several weeks... so strange

MOO but I’m starting to lose a bit of faith in LE on this one. The Cal City police at least. Would love to hear from the FBI. I hope I’m wrong. The more time passes statistically the chances get worse.
It sounds to me like they don't know much more than they did in the first few weeks. Last time the chief was asked specifics about who last saw the boys he wouldn't comment. I'm sure they have a timeline but they are not going to reveal that information. He did say the other children said they last saw the boys on the 19th.

This case may not be solved for a long time. Either someone needs to talk or the boys need to be found. Imo

MOO

No polygraph?? Wonder if someone refused it or were never asked to take it? My opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GowBuj