Identified! CA - Pacifica, WhtFem 593UFCA, 25-46, found in tent, Jun'06 - Christine Kuhn

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have not contacted anyone, I do not know if anyone else has...
Hi Guys,
I would like to keep pursuing this one but don't want to step on anyones toes...can anyone tell me if they have been in contact with LE as I would like to do that????

And does anyone know if there has been any definite rule outs with regards to this Jane?

Pearly

Hello all you sweet sleuthers!! Just wanted to let you all know that I sent an email to the Agencys involved in this Janes (which I have named CaliforniaTent Jane) and Monica Appletons cases, today!
Back in 2008, before I became a member here, I had sent an email to Monicas brother about this Jane and then periodically checked her website to see if there was any mention of Jane or the ruling on this case! So far, nothing and the forums at findmonica.org have been down for sometime! Anywhoooo, I thought I would try to give both of these cases another 'bump' to the forefront with their respective agencys and IMO that is ALL good, I don't want to aggravate the agencys, but, just warm them up a bit.:crazy:

Here's the side by side :eek: that I attached to the email:

Attachments

• 593UFCA n Monica Appleton.jpg
    593UFCA n Monica Appleton.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 179
Hi Guys I emailed LE too so will post response when received as everyone says this case should be so easily solveable....maybe a fresh start is what this newly named 'California Tent Jane' needs.

Fingers Crossed.

Pearly

Hi Guys I emailed LE too so will post response when received as everyone says this case should be so easily solveable....maybe a fresh start is what this newly named 'California Tent Jane' needs.

Fingers Crossed.

Pearly

Wunnerful Wunnerful, I hope the ME will allow you the full report on this one!

Re: Monica, She should be an easy enough rule out or match, since her fingerprints are on file in Texas....
I am still searching for other missings, too! The Comiskey girl suffered from Graves, so I am going to email those agencys as well...
Does anyone know if an autopsy shows Thyroid diseases? I'll call my pathologist buddy, see if she will answer that one, she's out-of-town this weekend thru Tuesday, so if someone knows that answer, please do, post!!

Off to one of the Grands Birthday Parties!!! :blowkiss:

hey everyone, I haven't looked at this UID in a while, but I was perusing the site updates at Doe Network and just came across this woman, Diane Langlume. IMO, even though the height is off by a few inches, she looks very much like our Jane Doe, and the circumstances make sense - she went missing in 1999 from San Francisco.

and, they look like they have the same eyes. I know that's not much to make a match on, but it definitely grabbed my attention. see for yourself:

Diane Langlume

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2786dfca.html

Missing since January 11, 1999 from San Francisco, California
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 18, 1947
Age at Time of Disappearance: 51 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Black hair; brown eyes.
Dentals: Not available.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Diana Langlume was last seen on January 11, 1999.

hey everyone, I haven't looked at this UID in a while, but I was perusing the site updates at Doe Network and just came across this woman, Diane Langlume. IMO, even though the height is off by a few inches, she looks very much like our Jane Doe, and the circumstances make sense - she went missing in 1999 from San Francisco.

and, they look like they have the same eyes. I know that's not much to make a match on, but it definitely grabbed my attention. see for yourself:

Diane Langlume

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2786dfca.html

Missing since January 11, 1999 from San Francisco, California
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 18, 1947
Age at Time of Disappearance: 51 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Black hair; brown eyes.
Dentals: Not available.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Diana Langlume was last seen on January 11, 1999.

Wow someone else is on at this time (from Australia and tackling my law assignments so nice change to go to websleuths even though I was here 5min ago :crazy:)

Anyway she does look similar (lips etc) her hair could have grayed. She has no dentals so fingerprints would be the only way of comparison. MBB and I have contacted LE and ME together but are still waiting replies...I have asked for rule outs for this Doe because we don't have a conclusive list from what I have read and then I thought from there we could start deciding who we would like to submit first.

Good find!

Great side by side, thank you. I would be surprised if this was NOT Monica, they really do look so much alike, even in the chin, jawline, and nose. The only thing that seems different is the eye brows. CA Does are thinner.

scan0009.jpg

Hello all you sweet sleuthers!! Just wanted to let you all know that I sent an email to the Agencys involved in this Janes (which I have named CaliforniaTent Jane) and Monica Appletons cases, today!
Back in 2008, before I became a member here, I had sent an email to Monicas brother about this Jane and then periodically checked her website to see if there was any mention of Jane or the ruling on this case! So far, nothing and the forums at findmonica.org have been down for sometime! Anywhoooo, I thought I would try to give both of these cases another 'bump' to the forefront with their respective agencys and IMO that is ALL good, I don't want to aggravate the agencys, but, just warm them up a bit.:crazy:

Here's the side by side :eek: that I attached to the email:

Re: the eyebrows...Jane Doe's hair looks unkempt and she had probably been off her acne medication awhile to break out that badly, but it's interesting that she still had neatly manicured brows. From my expereince, eyebrows don't take that long to grow out so I wonder why she paid particular attention to that aspect of her appearance.

Also, I'm not superstitious but it struck me that she was found on 6-6-06, not that she could have planned it that way.

I tried to clean her skin up a little bit, to maybe give a better idea of what she might have looked like before going off her acne medication. I also tried to add a little fullness to her hair on one side to balance things out a bit. While looking at her hair, it kind of looks like she might have dyed her hair lighter some time ago but it's had a while for the brown/grey to grow out.

samsmithps.jpg

Re: the eyebrows...Jane Doe's hair looks unkempt and she had probably been off her acne medication awhile to break out that badly, but it's interesting that she still had neatly manicured brows. From my expereince, eyebrows don't take that long to grow out so I wonder why she paid particular attention to that aspect of her appearance.

Also, I'm not superstitious but it struck me that she was found on 6-6-06, not that she could have planned it that way.

I thought the same thing about the eyebrows! This case has been haunting me for the last week, and I think she could be Monica Appleton.

Sorry for the bad english, French is my first language (I'm from province of Quebec, Canada). I've been lurking for while and I finally decided to register a few days ago. :)

Hi, first time poster and long time lurker as well. I live in the Bay Area so this case hits close to home and I would love to see this nameless woman gain an identity.

The thing I notice right away about California Tent Jane (CTJ) is that she has what appears to be a dark mole on her neck. In the photo of young Monica posted by Julessleuther it appears she has a very light mole on her neck but in a slightly LOWER position. I don't have any fancy photo manipulation equipment on my computer but can anyone enlarge and enhance some of the other photos of Monica and post here so we can see if she might have a mole as well that may have darkened with age?

Moles usually don't develop in adulthood unless they are cancerous, so I guess the possibility remains that if CTJ was on the streets long enough she could have developed a cancerous mole, but it seems more likely that the mole would have been there since childhood.

I'm new at this so I could be wrong but I just wanted to throw that out there in case it helps.:)

I don't see a mole in the same place in this photo of Monica. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to enlarge a photo without losing some clarity in the process.

ma01.jpg

Here's a clearer photo of CTJane, I blew it up as much as I could and the place on her neck, doesn't appear to have dimension, so methinks, it may be a fresh acne scar or a healing scratch! But then again, the photo (if scanned) may not show any dimension...
As I was looking at her neck, I noticed the swelling there, too! So I am in agreement with the previous poster that stated she could have suffered from Graves disease. I asked my friend who is a pathologist about that showing up in an autopsy, she answered that sometimes it does, sometimes it is mistaken for liver cirrhosis, Graves effects the liver and spleen, if untreated... Depends alot on time of death to autopsy. She looked at CTJanes photo and agreed that she was probably thyrotoxic and her reported erratic behavior (being picked up by LE) could indicate a thyroid storm occurring, re: rapid heart beat feels like an anxiety attack and alot of patients report that it effects their breathing. She sent me this website http://www.thyroidmanager.org/Chapter10/10_pathology.htm and I've read it, but, well, MadeaBecBec has to have documents in 5th grade language :crazy: So what I could ascertain (5th graders use this word,too) from the website is that sometimes it (decreased thyrotropin cells) is detectable only if untreated.... I also understand that Graves disease sometimes causes itching on the skin (because of the effect on the liver) and this clearer photo of CTJane, looks a bit like she scratched at her face, of course my friend said that illicit drug usuage can cause the same effects on the body as Graves.... She did note the swelling in CTJanes neck also!
All that and here's the clearer photo from SMC CA Coroners site:

Attachments

• Copy of Jane Doe 06-03 Case 06-1429 SMC CA in tent.jpg
    Copy of Jane Doe 06-03 Case 06-1429 SMC CA in tent.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 139
This site explained Grave's Disease in terms I could wrap my brain around. :)

http://www.healthsquare.com/mc/fgmc9032.htm

"Another serious danger in Grave's disease is a condition called thyroid storm, also known as thyrotoxicosis. This sudden, extreme surge in thyroid activity leads to fever, weakness, confusion, psychosis, and even coma. It's considered a life-threatening emergency that requires immediate medical attention. "

This site explained Grave's Disease in terms I could wrap my brain around. :)

http://www.healthsquare.com/mc/fgmc9032.htm

"Another serious danger in Grave's disease is a condition called thyroid storm, also known as thyrotoxicosis. This sudden, extreme surge in thyroid activity leads to fever, weakness, confusion, psychosis, and even coma. It's considered a life-threatening emergency that requires immediate medical attention. "
Thank you! I like easy to follow articles, because unless you know someone that has (or have yourself) had a disease, or a medically trained professional, it can get confusing. :waitasec:
I sure hope Pearly gets a copy of the autopsy report or at least some explanation of it!!

Ok, I do not know why I did not notice this before in looking at CA Tent JD, but perhaps she had lupus and not acne? Lupus will cause a butterfly shaped red rash on the face, across the bridge of the nose and on the cheeks. If she had lupus and was exposed to the sun, that would exacebate the rash. (I know because I have lupus). Lupus flareups can happen more after menopause. Lupus can also cause brain problems, such as depression, confusion, or seizures. Some have swelling in or around the eyes. Unless the ME did specific antibody tests for lupus, which most do not, lupus would have been hard to diagnose in her. If she HAD been treated with antimalarials, if she had lupus, it could have caused damage to her retinas, and medicines like pregnisone (I was on it for awhile) could cause cataracts. Or she could have had roseacea too?? Just throwing some new ones out there....

Hi Guys,
I am still waiting on LE to get back to me but I promise will post something as soon as I hear. I havent been here for a while stuck with assignments :(

I remain convinced she has Exophthalmos, caused by thyrotoxicosis.This would explain "erratic behaviour" rather than severe mental illness.
Lupus has more of a "butterfly rash"
I think she looks very much like Monica A, especially after seeig the side by side pictures JMHO :blowkiss:

hey, not sure if this has already been answered - was a toxicology report done on this UID?

we've speculated as to acne, graves, lupus, etc but to me the wild eyes and the scratches on the face that suggest acne could also be a severe meth addiction. Meth addiction can also cause psychotic side effects that mimic schitzophrenia. It's another possibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back