Identified! CA - Police searching for car seen in video driving off CA hwy cliff, 30 Dec 2019-ID Tracey Sinclair

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems to me that this mystery can't possibly be solved until the automobile is found. I wonder how far surf and tides could move a submerged vehicle?
I hate to be so graphic but at that speed & fall the vehicle could be very condensed. There was a fatal accident in San Diego last yr...the car drove right off the overpass (at night)and fell down into the canyon. No video or camera shots. Hikers came upon the car next morning but officers could not tell the make of the car. It had collapsed that badly, like an accordion. I knew one of the women killed. To this day no one knows the why or what happened.

A bank's not likely to assume a defaulted loan is because the person who took out the loan is missing. They'll just set their collection policy in motion, along with the ten thousand other loans that defaulted that month. Possibly at that point someone in the person's family would notice that *advertiser censored* person was behind on their loan, but unless they're from the immediate area, they probably haven't even heard of the accident to make the connection.
I repeated some things you said here, carbuff. Sorry to be redundant ;)

I think that's very cost prohibitive. The peso vs the dollar is not a good match in terms of leaving the country to buy a luxury car in the US. And the import fees, to bring it in and register...pretty high cost.

I do think it's possible a Mexican citizen rented a car in San Diego, and drove North along the coast?
I think you're right, unless it was a wealthier Mexican citizen who could only get the vehicle he/she wanted from a U.S. dealership.
The last news re: this I'd seen was that searching in the water nearer the cliff's base would occur when the super rough waters calmed down, but I've not seen that that has happened :(

I hate to be so graphic but at that speed & fall the vehicle could be very condensed. There was a fatal accident in San Diego last yr...the car drove right off the overpass (at night)and fell down into the canyon. No video or camera shots. Hikers came upon the car next morning but officers could not tell the make of the car. It had collapsed that badly, like an accordion. I knew one of the women killed. To this day no one knows the why or what happened.

Very good point that hadn't even crossed my mind. You could very well be right.

I think the question is how far would the tide take that car out that day and how deep would it go down?
I’ve seen cars land in the Bay and they go straight down. No one would know they’re there is someone hadn't seen it go in.
I think if there was one car that someone happen to catch on gps going over the cliff in that spot there’s probably many more cars that went over too.

Drove this road last fall..... it's absolutely beautiful and yet terrifying! Some drivers take the curves as if it's the Indy 500. And it wouldn't take much of a distraction to sail off the edge. There's an amazing story of a woman who went off a cliff last year and survived (5 days maybe?) before someone found her on the beach. Searchers were looking but just could not find any sign of her or the vehicle until then.

Teen saves man who drove off 60-foot cliff in Sonoma County

Not sure how additive this new story is, but yesterday there was a car on same highway (highway 1), father north, that also drove off the cliff. Driver is safe. Apparently the sun was in his eyes. A 16 year old was behind him and saw it happen and he climbed down the cliff to rescue him.

Underscores how dangerous this road is. So glad the driver in this case had a happier ending.

If the car was still being paid on, possibly the owner info could be identified when the bank starts to notice the missing car payments. I would think evidence would be found before a bank would start trying to repo a car but somehow no evidence has been identified yet so...

Possibly, creditors are relentless in calling every family member they can find!!!!!

Teen saves man who drove off 60-foot cliff in Sonoma County

Not sure how additive this new story is, but yesterday there was a car on same highway (highway 1), father north, that also drove off the cliff. Driver is safe. Apparently the sun was in his eyes. A 16 year old was behind him and saw it happen and he climbed down the cliff to rescue him.

Underscores how dangerous this road is. So glad the driver in this case had a happier ending.

whaaaaaaaatttttttt?
holy mackeral the driver is lucky!
16 year old boy is a hero
and I noticed as the rescue helicopter was going up, it took them awhile to close the door lol

Last edited:
Drove this road last fall..... it's absolutely beautiful and yet terrifying! Some drivers take the curves as if it's the Indy 500. And it wouldn't take much of a distraction to sail off the edge. There's an amazing story of a woman who went off a cliff last year and survived (5 days maybe?) before someone found her on the beach. Searchers were looking but just could not find any sign of her or the vehicle until then.

video unavailable in my region
where was it so I can look it up?

@LadyL here's the link to a CNN article... crash was in Big Sur

Woman who survived 7 days after SUV plunged off cliff shares her story - CNN

"On July 6, the 22-year-old's Jeep Patriot ran off Highway 1, a north-south highway that hugs the Pacific coastline. She had been driving home to Southern California when a small animal stepped onto the road, causing her to swerve and lose control of her vehicle, she wrote.
The vehicle landed 200-250 feet down the cliff and was partially submerged, said John Thornburg, public information officer for the sheriff's office in Monterey County, California."

@LadyL here's the link to a CNN article... crash was in Big Sur

Woman who survived 7 days after SUV plunged off cliff shares her story - CNN

"On July 6, the 22-year-old's Jeep Patriot ran off Highway 1, a north-south highway that hugs the Pacific coastline. She had been driving home to Southern California when a small animal stepped onto the road, causing her to swerve and lose control of her vehicle, she wrote.
The vehicle landed 200-250 feet down the cliff and was partially submerged, said John Thornburg, public information officer for the sheriff's office in Monterey County, California."

thank you!
what an amazing story!

Two mothers (one a firefighter, the other a well known volleyball coach) and two daughters (both aged 12) were killed in a hit and run driver when a man driving an F-250 swerved into their lane.

Toxicology reports will come in later, but headlines are already saying "Drunk driver" Daily Mail. The driver has a history of drug charges.

Missouri crash killed 2 Kentucky moms, daughters

So sad.

Wonder if this will turn up anything regarding the car going off the cliff.

Pacifica is north of where the car went off, but certainly reasonable to think a body could drift there. JMO.

“JUST IN: Authorities are investigating after a woman's body was found on Linda Mar Beach in Pacifica early this morning”

KRON4news
Twitter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking