CA - Rapper Nipsey Hussle, 33, fatally shot, Los Angeles, 31 Mar 2019 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

6/20/22

One of the two men injured when Nipsey Hussle was brutally executed in a South Los Angeles parking lot three years ago testified Monday that once the hail of gunfire ended, he heard what likely were the celebrated rapper’s last words.

“He shot me. He shot me,” Hussle said as he lay bleeding on the ground outside his Marathon clothing store after the shooter fled the scene, witness Shermi Villanueva, 47, told jurors.

Villanueva said he and his uncle, Kerry Lathan, had been talking to Hussle while standing between two parked cars seconds before their assailant – identified by prosecutors as Eric Holder Jr. – walked up and started firing. “I heard it, and then I saw Nipsey fall,” Villaneuva said, referring to the volley of shots. “When I looked and see Nipsey, I started to run.”

Witnesses reluctant to come forward at trial of Nipsey Hussle's accused shooter: "I don't know nothing"​

The taboo against "snitching" has pervaded every part of the trial of Holder, who is charged with first-degree murder in the 2019 death of Hussle and with attempted murder because two bystanders were struck with gunfire.

Wow -- not even the injured by Holder are willing to identify him or testify in court.

A jury of nine women and three men decided Eric Ronald Holder Jr. acted with premeditation when he opened fire on the beloved musician with a black semiautomatic in one hand and a silver revolver in the other during an afternoon ambush at a strip mall parking lot on March 31, 2019. Holder Jr. was also found guilty of two counts of attempted voluntary manslaughter and possession of a fire arm.

1657184079403.png
Nipsey Hussle, here in 2018, was fatally shot in 2019.

A Los Angeles jury has found Eric Ronald Holder Jr. guilty of first-degree murder in shooting death of the late rapper Nipsey Hussle.

The beloved artist, born Ermias Joseph Asghedom, was fatally shot on March 31, 2019 near his Marathon Clothing store in South Los Angeles. He was 33.

Holder, who knew Hussle, had approached him over allegations he had called him a snitch, according to prosecutors.

“We told you that Mr. Holder Jr. did shoot Mr. Asghedom,” said defense attorney Aaron Jansen during closing arguments last week, asking jurors to consider lesser charges. “We told you it was voluntary manslaughter and that he acted in a heat of passion. And we told you what that heat of passion that he acted on consisted of – it consisted of being called publicly a snitch by someone as famous as Nipsey Hussle and we believe that is what the evidence showed.”

But prosecutor John McKinney argued Holder was not consumed by rage that day.

[..]

Holder was also convicted of two counts of attempted voluntary manslaughter for injuring bystanders when he shot Hussle, assault with a firearm and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.

[..]

Holder is scheduled to be sentenced on September 15. His attorney said they plan to appeal.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A California man convicted of first-degree murder in the 2019 shooting of Grammy-winning rapper Nipsey Hussle had his sentencing delayed on Thursday and rescheduled to Nov. 3.

Judge Clay Jacke of the Los Angeles Superior Court allowed the defense motion to delay the sentencing for about six weeks to give the defense attorneys for Eric Ronald Holder, 32, more time to prepare for the hearing.

In July, a Los Angeles County jury convicted Holder in the killing of Hussle outside a clothing store the rapper owned in south Los Angeles.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge H. Clay Jacke sentenced Eric Holder Jr. to 25 years to life in state prison for murdering Hussle and an additional 25 years to life based on a sentencing enhancement because he used a gun. Holder must serve an additional 10 years in prison on assault convictions for shooting two other men who were with Hussle on the day of the killing, Jacke said.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge H. Clay Jacke sentenced Eric Holder Jr. to 25 years to life in state prison for murdering Hussle and an additional 25 years to life based on a sentencing enhancement because he used a gun. Holder must serve an additional 10 years in prison on assault convictions for shooting two other men who were with Hussle on the day of the killing, Jacke said.
Wow -- in Sept we heard sentencing would be delayed for 6 weeks, not 6 months!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back