CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure it will be - but local news stations as well (KCRA, CBS13, etc)

MSM
Father And Stepmother Of Roman Lopez, Placerville Child Found Dead Last Year, Taken Into Custody

KCRA
KCRA News on My 58 at 8am Weekday Morning

CBS13
CBS13 News – CBS Sacramento
(Right website, but not sure if it's the right link to livestreams, fyi)

PD FB
https://www.facebook.com/PlacervillePolice/

FYI: Current time in Placerville is 8:51, livestream is in 2 hrs 9 mins, at 11:00am local.

I have to admit I had come to the conclusion that we'd never see an arrest in Roman's death(MURDER). I was just re-reading the thread and a post on one of the first couple of pages said, "I would guess we will see an arrest quickly." (Edited to add: that was not the case!)

So grateful there will be some sort of legal justice for Roman.

Taken into custody -- Does that mean for questioning?

"Lindsay and Jordan Piper were booked into Calaveras County Jail early Thursday morning, according to an online inmate log. Their charges are not yet known."

I don't think they book people into the jail just for questioning because in another case I'm following the family has come in multiple times to be questioned, and hearing they were booked would have lit up our threads. Just my guess though.

Father, stepmother of Roman Lopez in custody more than 1 year after child's death

Found this in the El Dorado Court site, but have to pay $15 for search... :rolleyes:

Lindsey Marie Piper (38) arrested (2/4/21) in Calveras County jail. Case# P21CRF0062-2 DOB 6/?/82
Jordan Thomas Piper (35) arrested (2/4/21) in Calveras County. Case# P21CRF0062-1 DOB 8/?/85

Just in case someone can't read it, this article says they were arrested on felony charges but not murder, and the exact charges are not yet known.

It quotes a source close to the investigation - but doesn't say what "close" means - who alleges R was abused but that the cause of death might never be known.

Just in case someone can't read it, this article says they were arrested on felony charges but not murder, and the exact charges are not yet known.

It quotes a source close to the investigation - but doesn't say what "close" means - who alleges R was abused but that the cause of death might never be known.

im wondering if he was deceased longer than that day? they are possibly charged in child abuse resulting in death

I'd sure love to see the PC affidavit. I can't even find a link yet for the presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth