CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
im so glad that so much work was going on behind the scenes. it was frustrating to not know anything but i feel like they must have indisputable evidence. may they ROT. this is inconceivable. what is wrong w ppl??? gannon, lucas, roman all w evil step monsters. as a step parent myself i just dont get it. horrible.
And Gabriel too.............

Did they say how long Roman had been deceased when his body was located? It is impressive that the details were unknown until now. Maybe I missed some rumors along the way, but I don't remember seeing so many of these details before today. It has been a year...

Did they say how long Roman had been deceased when his body was located? It is impressive that the details were unknown until now. Maybe I missed some rumors along the way, but I don't remember seeing so many of these details before today. It has been a year...

thats my question too. i wonder if hed been passed for some time.

im willing to bet they moved a lot to escape repeated CPS involvement.

Yes, I have witnessed families who moved frequently to escape the eyes of protective services. Usually these are families with some means where the kids are also isolated in order to keep them in a "trusting" relationship with the abusers.

Can someone remind me? Were all the other children removed from the home immediately after Roman was found?
I can't believe the father didn't know this was happening. He had to have see his son wasting away and also how he was being treated by the stepmonster! He is equally responsible here IMO.

No reporter asked what the potential sentence term would be, if found guilty as charged. Are we looking at over twenty years on aggregate?
Very strange no COD could be determined, but Lindsey is charged with poisoning?
Maybe because of several possibilities (malnourishment, poisoning, torture) that could have killed him in play and they just can't prove exactly which one it was?

Can someone remind me? Were all the other children removed from the home immediately after Roman was found?
I can't believe the father didn't know this was happening. He had to have see his son wasting away and also how he was being treated by the stepmonster! He is equally responsible here IMO.
I don't remember exactly, but yes, the remaining children were removed from the home pretty quickly.

Edited to add: This post on page 2 of the thread was the first mention of the other children being removed from the home two days after Roman was missing/found: CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, Placerville, 11 Jan 2020

The article linked in that post: 7 children in protective custody as Placerville police investigate boy's death

I'm wondering if it took a year due to something the prosecutor (?) touched on during the PC: he mentioned something about how certain parts they will never know what exactly occurred or the answers to etc. Am wondering if there was perhaps even more specific things that they knew/highly suspected occurred that could have created more charges and spent that year trying to collect evidence/test/investigate to prove those specific things, but in the end,couldn't?

Father and step mother were still together at the time of their arrests? That says a lot (to me anyway) in terms of division of guilt/blame or not really caring.....

Just threw together some time stamps for a few key things I heard.
  • Father and step-mother face multiple criminal charges including child abuse, poisoning, and torture - 16:20
  • Their first hearing will be within the next few days - 16:35
  • The chief goes through their official timeline of events - 17:35
  • A second, more thorough search was conducted and LE located Roman's body in a storage bin located in the basement of the home - 18:10
  • Roman was found to be severely malnourished, and dehydrated at the time of his death - 18:40
  • El Dorado county DA has filed charges against Jordan Piper & Lindsay Piper including violations of child abuse likely to cause great bodily injury or death, the crime of torture - 19:18
  • Jordan Piper also charged with failure to provide for a child - 19:37
  • Lindsay Piper also charged with a violation of poisoning - 19:41
  • El Dorado county DA Vern Pierson takes the podium to give his comments - 22:14
  • The chief takes a few questions from reporters - 25:00
  • LE has evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to prove each of the crimes the parents were arrested for - 25:28
  • Pipers taken into custody without incident, and no statements taken at time of arrest 28:23
  • Seven other children - One turned eighteen during the investigation as they were seventeen at the time, three of the youngest children returned to their biological family, and CPS is involved in the case of the other children - 30:05

Again, just some things that I thought was interesting or noteworthy. Feel free to tack yours on to mine.

My blood just ran cold. Sigh...

Torture, poisoning, abuse. How horrific.

And found in the basement in a storage bin. We all thought they found him outside.

Bring it on...put them away forever. They are evil and disgusting. They have no right to walk amongst us.

Poor Roman. Another child discarded like trash and made to suffer.

I am repulsed and literally sick.

Such Liars - this story was soon after Roman was found.

Little is known about what happened to Roman Lopez, a young boy found deceased on Saturday in California. His father and stepmother say they, too, are still waiting to hear how their little boy died.

According to an interview with the Sacramento Bee, the stepmother of 11-year-old Roman said she realized the boy was missing at around 9 a.m. Saturday morning. Lindsay Piper told the outlet she went to wake her stepson up for breakfast, she couldn’t find him in his bedroom at the Placerville home.

“We woke up for work like normal,” Lindsay Piper told the Bee. “Kids started waking up. Breakfast started getting made. I went upstairs to get Roman and he was not in his bed.”

For the next few hours, according to Piper, the family searched for the little boy. When they couldn’t find him, they drove to the Placerville Police Department, around three minutes away from their home. The station was apparently closed on Saturday, so the family drove to the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office.

The boy’s father, Jordan Piper, said that an El Dorado deputy noted the situation and said they would look for the boy.

It’s unclear why the family chose to drive to the police stations instead of calling 911, the outlet reports.

Jordan Piper complained that it took two hours for deputies to arrive to look for his son.

“And the only reason we got it is because I physically pulled two deputies over in their department car … so I kept pushing, I kept pushing,” Piper said.

Jordan Piper added that around 15 hours after Roman disappeared, authorities found him. However, investigators reportedly will not tell the family where the boy was found or how he died.

Update: Father, stepmother say police refuse to tell then how son died as investigators probe little boy’s ‘suspicious’ death

Little is known about what happened to Roman Lopez, a young boy found deceased on Saturday in California. His father and stepmother say they, too, are still waiting to hear how their little boy died.

According to an interview with the Sacramento Bee, the stepmother of 11-year-old Roman said she realized the boy was missing at around 9 a.m. Saturday morning. Lindsay Piper told the outlet she went to wake her stepson up for breakfast, she couldn’t find him in his bedroom at the Placerville home.

“We woke up for work like normal,” Lindsay Piper told the Bee. “Kids started waking up. Breakfast started getting made. I went upstairs to get Roman and he was not in his bed.”

For the next few hours, according to Piper, the family searched for the little boy. When they couldn’t find him, they drove to the Placerville Police Department, around three minutes away from their home. The station was apparently closed on Saturday, so the family drove to the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office.

The boy’s father, Jordan Piper, said that an El Dorado deputy noted the situation and said they would look for the boy.

It’s unclear why the family chose to drive to the police stations instead of calling 911, the outlet reports.

Jordan Piper complained that it took two hours for deputies to arrive to look for his son.

“And the only reason we got it is because I physically pulled two deputies over in their department car … so I kept pushing, I kept pushing,” Piper said.

Jordan Piper added that around 15 hours after Roman disappeared, authorities found him. However, investigators reportedly will not tell the family where the boy was found or how he died.

Update: Father, stepmother say police refuse to tell then how son died as investigators probe little boy’s ‘suspicious’ death
BBM: So you can't find your 11 year old son but instead of calling 911 and continuing to look, they both drive to the police station for help. Yeah, the story stinks from the beginning.....

Very interesting. Roman was found in the home. How could the parents not know that? I get that they are lying but you would think that the activity in the home after finding him, i.e., forensics, would be a tip off.

How could LE have kept this secret?

What am I missing?

My blood just ran cold. Sigh...

Torture, poisoning, abuse. How horrific.

And found in the basement in a storage bin. We all thought they found him outside.

Bring it on...put them away forever. They are evil and disgusting. They have no right to walk amongst us.

Poor Roman. Another child discarded like trash and made to suffer.

I am repulsed and literally sick.
Agree 100%. Despicable, but REALLY STUPID people too! Who in this day and age would think that LE would not find him in the basement in a storage bin?? I guess stupid people think LE are stupid? How did that work out for ya Jordan and Lindsey?? May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your every orifice for what you did to that sweet child. :mad: JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesaccasey