CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming everybody is telling the truth, it sounds to me like probably he was there when she went to bed, and left after that. Which could mean many things--something happened that frightened him, somebody tried to hurt him and he ran, he wanted to go out to see an owl or the moon (my daughter did that once, fortunately didn't go far). Or of course somebody might have taken him.

I hope we get answers soon.
Or there is a possibility that he got into a volatile argument with someone at home, late that night? And he never even made it to bed.? ...hypothetically speaking...

I just thought of something that bothers me and makes not a bit if sense.
If Lindsay went to wake Roman up like she said in the Bee interview, and then her and the other kids searched for Roman till she called the dad at 11 to tell him they couldn't find him, wouldn't your very first call be to the dad to ask if Roman went to work with him? That would have been my first call before searching.

I just thought of something that bothers me and makes not a bit if sense.
If Lindsay went to wake Roman up like she said in the Bee interview, and then her and the other kids searched for Roman till she called the dad at 11 to tell him they couldn't find him, wouldn't your very first call be to the dad to ask if Roman went to work with him? That would have been my first call before searching.

I have a similar thought. My son was not in bed one morning when I went to wake him up. I called my husband, who had left early for work, just to see if he knew anything---like why our son wouldn't be home at 7 am....

Turns out he told my husband to tell me he was going to breakfast with kids next door before school to study for a test before class. Husband was supposed to tell me....:rolleyes:

So I had a similar thought here...wouldn't she call him to see if there was something he knew, like if Roman was seen by Dad before he left for work, or late the night before, etc...OR if Roman had said anything odd earlier about running away, etc...

I'm sorry, but with that many kids in the house, wouldn't it be expected for, at least, some of them to share a room? Roman wasn't sharing with anyone, and if he was how come the kids he was sharing with didn't realize he wasn't there in the morning? There's no point for stepmom to go wake him up if she knows, by having other kids telling her, that he's not there...

I'm sorry, but with that many kids in the house, wouldn't it be expected for, at least, some of them to share a room? Roman wasn't sharing with anyone, and if he was how come the kids he was sharing with didn't realize he wasn't there in the morning? There's no point for stepmom to go wake him up if she knows, by having other kids telling her, that he's not there...
Yes, I wondered about that too. If Roman wasn't sharing a room, it would be interesting to know who shared the other two available bedrooms. I mean, surely LP and JP occupied one of the four bedrooms. Two bedrooms between 7 kids, two of them older teens, would be rather cramped, no? That's not a large house. I somehow doubt Roman was afforded "his own room" in that house. Sounds a bit hokey to me unless they meant the living room was his bedroom or perhaps the basement? :eek: Why lie about him having his own bedroom? All MOO.

Yes, I wondered about that too. If Roman wasn't sharing a room, it would be interesting to know who shared the other two available bedrooms. I mean, surely LP and JP occupied one of the four bedrooms. Two bedrooms between 7 kids, two of them older teens, would be rather cramped, no? That's not a large house. I somehow doubt Roman was afforded "his own room" in that house. Sounds a bit hokey to me unless they meant the living room was his bedroom or perhaps the basement? :eek: Why lie about him having his own bedroom? All MOO.
Someone local to the area had commented (here? somewhere else?) that they had been in the house many years ago and at that time the attic was finished enough that it could be used as a very small additional bedroom.

No way to know what changes were done to the house after that person saw it, but if it was basically the same, that could have been Roman's room. Although I wonder if it was connected to whatever winter heat source the rest of the house had.

I'm not sure. A lot of people have jobs that there is no way they can take a child to work with them and they would never do it.
But even if you searched for 1/2 an hr. Which I could see,at that point I would be getting fearful and a little desperate. Theres no way I could search for a couple hrs. And not make that call.

Thank you. Yes, she is absolutely a very sick individual and I stay far away. My life is so much better between years of therapy and thousands of miles of distance.

Thanks to my work, I’m a master at compartmentalizing (which isn’t always a good thing), but it keeps cases like this from affecting me in the ways they might otherwise.

I'm sorry you went through that. my 18 year old step son sounds like the IP of their mom. the abuse didn't get as bad due to "his dad's meddling" and we took her to court but she continues to be the same way.

Someone local to the area had commented (here? somewhere else?) that they had been in the house many years ago and at that time the attic was finished enough that it could be used as a very small additional bedroom.

No way to know what changes were done to the house after that person saw it, but if it was basically the same, that could have been Roman's room. Although I wonder if it was connected to whatever winter heat source the rest of the house had.

i wonder if bio kids were grouped together maybe? We did that when we first moved in together. we thought it would be hard for them to mingle them right away.

There was a community vigil held for Roman.

Community holds vigil for 11-year-old Placerville boy who was found dead

Snipped by me

"It's emotional to think about losing your child," said Placerville resident Tiffany Moore.

Moore and about 50 others gathered outside the Placerville Courthouse to pray and give Roman's family support.

"We're going to get louder and louder with questions until somebody lets us know what's really going on," said Sacramento resident Jonny Gius.

“Roman's biological mother Rochelle Lopez, who is an Iraq War veteran, attended the vigil but didn't speak to reporters. She lives in Wisconsin and found out about Roman's death from a friend.”

ETA quotes from article

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members