CA - Sam Haskell, 35, arrested after woman's torso found in a trash bin in Encino LA, Tarzana, wife & two adult family members missing, 8 Nov 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Someone asked if there was a guest cottage at the home. Unless it was added after 2020, the answer is no. It's a two story, 4,010 SF home, with six bedrooms.

Here are more photos of the home on Zillow.

Here are more photos of the home on Zillow.

The kids must of heard or seen something. I suspect all the dismantle happened in the garage seems like the only secure place to keep hidden from the kids. But again how did he have time to do all this with 3 kids.

Agree - Insanity defense?
The TTs with him speaking are annoying. Couldn't watch more than a couple.

He did seem oddly triggered by Brad Pitt dating someone's ex-wife....or was that a put on? I couldn't tell if he was serious. If so, maybe his wife was planning to leave him?

Total, complete speculation based on nothing but annoying tiktoks and thinking aloud.

jmo

The guy seems off and strange anything new on this case cant seem to find anything new?
My hunch is that because he and his parents are in the performance industry, they know how to control publicity. The info will eventually come out, but my guess is the dad at least is doing his best to tamp down sensationalism.

jmopinion

The only thing I saw is video footage of the workers he hired moving the bags and returning it from TMZ.

This article from KTLA states the kids violin teacher last saw the whole family on Saturday Nov. 4th.

“A woman who teaches violin to one of Samuel and Mei’s children went to the home on Saturday morning but was unaware of what happened until KTLA 5’s Carlos Herrera broke the news.
“I don’t even know what to say because they were such a nice family,” she said. “I’ve been here every week for almost a year.”
She said that she last saw the whole family on Nov. 4 and that everything seemed “normal” when she taught their son violin.”

Last edited:
The only thing I saw is video footage of the workers he hired moving the bags and returning it from TMZ.

This article from KTLA states the kids violin teacher last saw the whole family on Saturday Nov. 4th.

“A woman who teaches violin to one of Samuel and Mei’s children went to the home on Saturday morning but was unaware of what happened until KTLA 5’s Carlos Herrera broke the news.
“I don’t even know what to say because they were such a nice family,” she said. “I’ve been here every week for almost a year.”
She said that she last saw the whole family on Nov. 4 and that everything seemed “normal” when she taught their son violin.”
So here's what we got so far, I think:

Saturday: violin teacher sees family at the home as usual, nothing noticeably amiss

Tuesday: Haskell hires day workers to haul bags, which they returned to him almost immediately. This happened around 4pm. (Where were the kids?)

At some point, Haskell dumps a bag in a dumpster in a parking lot.

Wednesday: Homeless person reports body part in dumpster. Haskell is arrested. Kids were apparently in school at this time.

jmo

Apparently the hired workers told him they saw body parts in the bags because "Haskell allegedly tried to pass the body parts off as Halloween props, but the men could not be persuaded to partake in his apparent dirty work."

And I don't recall seeing this info yet:
"That same night, construction workers told police they saw what looked like a body in black bags near Haskell’s home, but when officers arrived, the bags were gone."

Is the construction-worker story separate than the day-laborer story, or is it in fact the same group of workers, and the news reporter is mistaken? Idk

Apparently the hired workers told him they saw body parts in the bags because "Haskell allegedly tried to pass the body parts off as Halloween props, but the men could not be persuaded to partake in his apparent dirty work."

And I don't recall seeing this info yet:
"That same night, construction workers told police they saw what looked like a body in black bags near Haskell’s home, but when officers arrived, the bags were gone."

Is the construction-worker story separate than the day-laborer story, or is it in fact the same group of workers, and the news reporter is mistaken? Idk

I believe the construction workers and day laborer are the same story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab
Back