CA CA - San Bernardino CA Hisp Male, 20-40, UP2598, victim of beating "Mario Roberto Marquez" Aug 86

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Warning PM

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number86-3384
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years)20-45
Estimated Year of Death1986
Estimated PMIMinutes
Height5' 2"(62 inches) , Measured
Weight122 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundAugust 29, 1986
NamUs Case CreatedAugust 26, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Street Address2576 California St.San Bernardino, California 92405
CountySan Bernardino County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryHispanic male adult, designated "John Doe #30-86," found in residence, victim of beating. Evidence at scene lead investigators to believed this decedent to be "Mario Roberto Marquez" from Guatemala. Identity may only be established with dental X-rays (on file and see attached), head X-rays, and DNA (refer to CODIS #BK-10-000991). Possible comparison with "smiling photographs" or "talking video" (showing teeth).
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionBlack
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye DescriptionBrown
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
UNDERWEAR 0NLY
On the Body

Street view

Google Maps

How sad. Where to begin searching for the identity of this man?

Evidence at scene lead investigators to believed this decedent to be "Mario Roberto Marquez" from Guatemala.

What was "the evidence"? Letters f.i. send to him on the address? If they found an ID it was probably fake, with only that name on it and a false DOB or even a false place of birth.

There are no pictures of an ID in the Namus file or any other documents.

I didn't find a missing person with that name in here. Missing on the Border

Going by the age estimate this man could have been born somewhere between 1941 and 1966.

Only one person from the above list who would fit in the timeline having a remote link with this name, but he is from Mexico. Victor Carlo Marquez, missing since 1985, from Tijuana, Baja California, supposed border crosser, 23 yrs (approx), but he is missing his right thumb.

Then there is person on the list from Guatemala with a totally different name; Victoriano Lopez Raymundo, missing from Santa Ana, California since 1985, 28 years old. (Not in Namus) I couldn't find the original source.

IMO it makes no sense to search for this man under the name given, if we don't know where the name is coming from or have some kind of feeling this name is legit. IMO it's looking for a needle in a haystack. I'm glad there is a postmortem photo, that gives him a little change to be recognizes by somebody, although the picture was already uploaded in 2014. Maybe somebody came forward. Are there exclusions?

As a lot of South-American countries don't have a good, searchable database like Namus, the missing persons are all over the Internet and mostly not updated if found, in an orderly manner.

Sigh....so sorry.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TX_TNvol