CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Carrington Sund Foundation is taking donations for the reward, but what about funeral expenses for Sandra? A very modest funeral costs $5,000 at a minimum these days. I wonder how the family is set to manage that? I think cremation is less expensive, but myself after losing my child this way, I would never be able to go the cremation route. I would want a gravesite I could spend a lot of time at :(

Salem

Second-Grader Was Missing for 10 Days, Lived in a California Mobile Home Park

By SARAH NETTER
April 7, 2009
Police say they are closing in on a suspect in the death of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, whose body was found stuffed into a suitcase Monday, 10 days after the second-grader vanished from the mobile home park where she lived. "It's not as big a mystery as it was," before, said Tracy, Calif., police Sgt. Tony Sheneman to ABCNews.com, "and we believe we're getting significantly closer."

"We're hopeful that we will have something in the next couple of days," he said. more at link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7275611&page=1

Not sure what you're saying.
I've not searched Washington. He's been minister at this church since 1981. Have you found 'something' of interest there in WA?

We would like to have the DOB for the minister.
Clifford L. L_____________ aka Lane L___________

I've been trying to research in WA but am stuck... Still searching...

I sure hope that L.E are gathering evidence fast, as it's been raining here (10-15 minutes away from Tracy) for the past hour and a half.
I know... but they did dust for footprints and tire tracks at the disposal site yesterday.

Thanks but I was what I was looking for. Is what churches did he serve at.

I don't think we've found out this info. I've started to look through that list under the "About Us" sections to see if they list former pastors and whether LL is mentioned.

I would think if Sandra was a member at their church, it would have been mentioned here - the wife specifically says that they were close friends and lived down the street - not that they were members of their church. KWIM?
Most Baptist churches have youth programs which include many children outside the members of the church. However, it doesn't mean it was the case here.

Since Sandra mentioned going to church specifically to her grandfather...it makes me wonder what would have happened if all 3 had gone later, who invited them, and to which church?

If someone else (the perp) had asked Sandra about her plans for later...she probably mentioned going to church and said the movies were out due to lack of money. This could have been used as a ploy to get her to this particular church even if it was not the one she normally goes to regularly. Could someone have offered her money to do "odd jobs or lawn chores" to get movie money? This would be a good way to get her into the shed alone, imo.

I'd like to clarify for everyone since this is getting sidetracked. My first post about this was in response to what is happening at this website:
http://www.clover-road-baptist-church.com/guest_book.htm
It is the guest book for the church and people are saying horrible things about the pastor and suggesting a grandson may be guilty. I wasn't the one who posted the original link, but I quoted it in my first response about it. I think it is TOTALLY inappropriate to go to a church website (or any other website, for that matter) and say things about the pastor (or anyone else) when LE has not said they have done anything. I seriously doubt everyone who had a SW issued for their home/church/shed is guilty of this crime - there have been SEVERAL homes/church/shed searched and I don't believe they will all arrested. We can't just go around accusing people of murder.

As far as WS, I NEVER said anything against what we discuss here! I'm part of WS, right? lol I don't think everyone read the original post with the link to the church website so things got offtrack. I think a forum like WS is the appropriate place for discussions like this; that is why I'm here.

If anyone else has a problem with what I wrote, please PM me so this thread can stay on topic. I will go back and fix my poor wording in the original post. I obviously don't feel - even if someone is arrested - that we have the right to destroy a person's life. I didn't realize that people would be taking it that way - that's NOT what I meant. They have already done that themselves, and our talking about it couldn't make it any worse.

Does that clear things up for everyone?

Hi Nora, I respect what you are saying.

In this case however we know this man's home and his place of employment, or church, has been searched. And the shed at his church is being referred to as an active crime scene. He is in the mix whether he wants to be or not and believe he is fair game for comments at this time. If he is not involved at all that will be stated by LE and we will take our commentary as part of the learning process in Sleuthing to try and discover what happened to Sandra. IMO xox

I sure hope that L.E are gathering evidence fast, as it's been raining here (10-15 minutes away from Tracy) for the past hour and a half.

Welcome, Copter!
I think we all hope that - and hope to hear it at 3:30 presser!

I'd like to clarify for everyone since this is getting sidetracked. My first post about this was in response to what is happening at this website:
http://www.clover-road-baptist-church.com/guest_book.htm
It is the guest book for the church and people are saying horrible things about the pastor and suggesting a grandson may be guilty. I wasn't the one who posted the original link, but I quoted it in my first response about it. I think it is TOTALLY inappropriate to go to a church website (or any other website, for that matter) and say things about the pastor (or anyone else) when LE has not said they have done anything. I seriously doubt everyone who had a SW issued for their home/church/shed is guilty of this crime - there have been SEVERAL homes/church/shed searched and I don't believe they will all arrested. We can't just go around accusing people of murder.

As far as WS, I NEVER said anything against what we discuss here! I'm part of WS, right? lol I don't think everyone read the original post with the link to the church website so things got offtrack. I think a forum like WS is the appropriate place for discussions like this; that is why I'm here.

If anyone else has a problem with what I wrote, please PM me so this thread can stay on topic. I will go back and fix my poor wording in the original post. I obviously don't feel - even if someone is arrested - that we have the right to destroy a person's life. I didn't realize that people would be taking it that way - that's NOT what I meant. They have already done that themselves, and our talking about it couldn't make it any worse.

Does that clear things up for everyone?
Those posts are no longer on the site... it's been taken care of.

Do we know what sub-denomination of the Baptist faith this is? There are many.

Ahh! Presser at 3:30! Of course my next class starts at 3:30! Seriously considering skipping class. Bad me! Maybe I'll just take my laptop. They have to be getting very close to an arrest now.

Hi r0tflcopter and Welcome to Websleuths. We adore our locals as they bring us closer to the scene, giving us helpful insight with our sleuthing. xox

Ahh! Presser at 3:30! Of course my next class starts at 3:30! Seriously considering skipping class. Bad me! Maybe I'll just take my laptop. They have to be getting very close to an arrest now.

I totally understand!! Supposed to studying for a test tomorrow and I can't leave here!! This addiction must stop!:crazy:

Do we know what sub-denomination of the Baptist faith this is? There are many.

Sovereign Grace Missionary. SGM has some controversy according to former members. Google "sovereign grace survivors" and you'll see what I mean.

It is all good, Nora! ;) Yes, you are a valued member! Hugs~

My sarcasm was missed on this one as I feel people have done this on other cases lately (not saying I haven't participated in some way tho):

Originally Posted by seriouslysearching
uhm...i don't think we have the right to try and destroy someone's life at all. now...if they do it to themselves...we have the right to comment on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga