CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't cross anyone off the POI list at this point, but I am kind of leaning more towards one perp with some upper body strength who lived there, knew her, and took advantage of the timing.
Surprisingly, you would be surprised at how much adrenaline plays a role in some cases. The perp wouldn't neccessarily need much upper body strength so I wouldn't count on it as a factor.

Good night everyone! I have stuff to do... I wish we had threads... :crazy:

I gotta go watch a movie with my girl. Little does she know, but I'm considering hiring bodyguards to follow her everywhere she goes. One more reason for my 16yr old to be annoyed with me lol.

Surprisingly, you would be surprised at how much adrenaline plays a role in some cases. The perp wouldn't neccessarily need much upper body strength so I wouldn't count on it as a factor.

Yeah I thought about an adrenaline rush too. Especially when working from the hypothesis of a crime of opportunity.

I am wondering if that "backpack" was something found in the shed?! That would be huge evidence in my opinion.

Yes, good thinking JDzWife, Excellent thinking. The perp might think no one would ever go to that shed - in his wildest dreams, right?

I also had the idea the suitcase could have belonged to the church for say storing costumes for plays or celebrations at Christmas, TGiving or Palm Sunday for instance. That would give great cause for them to search the church, the shed, the pastor's home, etc. IMO

I also think it would be natural to store clothing items in a suitcase.

Who was the last person to see Sandra alive?

Where did she say she was going after she visited the other little girl where she colored and played on the swing? Was it perhaps the pastor's house to play with his greatgrandchild or grandchild (since this hasn't been sorted out yet)?

LE kept saying that they couldn't confirm whether Sandra made it to the (second) friend's house. That seemed so odd. I bet you're on the right track here.

Hey, You jogged my memory LT LOLOLOL On TV today I saw the video with the white van and the men standing around. Well it also included a couple of guys moving something towards the back of the open van. I didn't get a really good glimpse of it, but it was low to the ground and looked heavy.

Standard protocol: an item that may contain human remains is always contianed in a body bag IF the item can fit in it, if not, the item is placed on the gurney and covered with a tarp that is "sealed" via ropes/bungee cording. The item is transported with its contents via the gurney in the ME van and received and signed in at the ME office. Then and only then will the "package" be opened and evaluated, frequently done under video camera recording and usually with the investigating detectives and others observing.

Just an FYI, from my experience

Standard protocol: an item that may contain human remains is always contianed in a body bag IF the item can fit in it, if not, the item is placed on the gurney and covered with a tarp that is "sealed" via ropes/bungee cording. The item is transported with its contents via the gurney in the ME van and received and signed in at the ME office. Then and only then will the "package" be opened and evaluated, frequently done under video camera recording and usually with the investigating detectives and others observing.

Just an FYI, from my experience

Thanks so for that info as I appreciate learning about the way they really do it.

I am wondering if that "backpack" was something found in the shed?! That would be huge evidence in my opinion.
IIRC, early on this morning I read on a post, cant remember whose, that LE had originally questioned if she had a backpack, but decided it was a shadow only. All posters were disagreeing saying that they saw a backpack, as did I. I will go back and try to find the post. Sorry I cant remember exactly.

I am interested in that as well. Not so that I can know what she was wearing, but it concerns me that there are so many interpretations regarding the description of her clothes. Might not have affected the eventual outcome, but it could be a teachable moment for LE.

I interpretation of leggings... knitted tubes that I would put on my calves during ballet class. Looking at the picture I can see that its something entirely different.
I don't see any dress/ skirt... but when I think skirt or dress I'm seeing something that is going to at least be hitting a young girl at least midway between her hip and knee. I can see what is meant though looking the video.

Yes, leggings for little girls would just be straight knit pants - they've been calling them that since my daughter was small, and she's 21 now.

And I see the point that kids clothes are sometimes tight-fitting, but my kids' schools would consider a t-shirt and leggings as modest enough. Also, kids grow so fast that loose pants can suddenly become tight over night - even for boys. So that's not really something relevant if you ask me - it sounds as if we are blaming the mother or the little girl when I think she is dressed normally for a kid that age.

Ahhh... been catching up for two hours and finally made it to the finish line.

My girls wear leggings with large shirts or dresses all the time. It's "the" look right now.

Ahhh... been catching up for two hours and finally made it to the finish line.

My girls wear leggings with large shirts or dresses all the time. It's "the" look right now.

Thanks - and as I said in my last post - even my daughter dressed that way 20 years ago when she was 5-8. I think it's appropriate and not that immodest or anything.

KRON 4 says three search warrants have gone out since body was recovered.
-MH #81 (Wohler) has been searched again, too.
-on video sandra was heading in direction of pastor's house.
-investigators @ church were looking under both shed and church
-took tissue from near the shed and sent it to the crime lab.

It looks like Sandra in the video does have either a backback to one side (my gkids carry it sometimes that way, I do carry it for them if we are walking home if it's heavy that day one sided). So not sure if it's a backpack or other. It looks like she is carrying something on her back though.

This is just the sadest thing. The LE seems they are doing a major search effort to find the perp(s) and motive. How anyone could explain it is so far out there, I won't understand even when it all comes to light. Sandra was a beautiful child and does not deserve her life to be ended by anyone. May they find this perp(s) and put them where they belong. Far from any town at all with children!

Childrens deaths by pedophiles are worse than any stupid meth head you have next door (been there in a nice neighborhood at the time and worked hard to get it busted 3x, & it has worked to rid them from my area. Sorry to say it takes all to remove them from their neighborhood.

Our kids need to be protected from these perv's. We have 21 perv's in our neighborhood now and we (neighborhood watch programs and emails/ plus knowing your neighbor) are trying to get them out. It's been a 17 year old struggle to do so. Back then 17 years ago I moved back and needed a job 1991 and the job market was pitiful then but nothing like todays. I moved 30 residents out of a 68 unit complex (in one month) after moving back from FL to Az and that were druggies & even a few local college sports players (then not now), then other problem people showed up from the rest of the crop. Keep looking everyone, they are there. Get rid of them one by one. Go get the others in that area. You can do it as a community. The Tracy 60 will be the 0 in Sandra's name hopefully.

Oops! 18 years now! sorry for the date thing.

Hi, everyone...

I'm new here. I'm the moderator of a site called www.sgmsurvivors.com, and I noticed that today we have received a number of hits from this board. A user posted information that linked Clover Road Baptist Church to the organization called Sovereign Grace Ministries that is the subject of the site that I moderate.

I haven't read all the posts here, so I don't know if this has already come up, but I just want to clarify that Clover Road Baptist Church has no connection to Sovereign Grace Ministries. Yes, Clover Road did at one point merge with another congregation that had "Sovereign Grace" in its name, but there has never been any affiliation between those churches and SGM.

I realize that this is probably old news and not a big deal, but I thought I'd post this info in case anyone was still under the impression that the issues discussed over at sgmsurvivors (our site) would have any relation to the investigation of Clover Road Baptist Church. They don't.

Thanks, and blessings to all. My heart is sad over the loss of Sandra!

Thanks - and as I said in my last post - even my daughter dressed that way 20 years ago when she was 5-8. I think it's appropriate and not that immodest or anything.

Actually, 20 years ago - so did I. With a pair of Doc Martens and some really cool tights.

Respectfully, if she was 5'8 she was (at least close) to being a grown up and able to watch out for herself. Again, I am not criticzing anyone for who wears what. It's an age old defense for creepy people.

In an earlier post, someone questioned what Sandra was wearing - saying her mother didn't seem the "type" to let her dress suggestively - consequently the discussion about leggings.

My point is, she was not dressed (any more) suggestively (sic) than any other second grade girl across the country.

IMO

so if the video we have of sandra shows her wearing tennis shoes, and she is found with flip-flops...what is up with that? :confused: gonna go review the video of sandra again....If I can find it.........
She was wearing flip flops in the video, I'm almost certain. You can see them if you watch her feet closely, especially after she has turned and is walking past her house.

Also, what she is wearing is the same way my 8 yo granddaughter dresses and is very acceptable.

She was wearing flip flops in the video, I'm almost certain. You can see them if you watch her feet closely, especially after she has turned and is walking past her house.

Exactly. I agree. She's clearly wearing flip-flops.

And she is carrying some sort of purse or backpack, which some have described as "a shadow." Her shadow is at her side, not behind her, unless that's sun-glare off the video camera creating a shadow effect we're seeing as a purse or backpack.

Also, earlier, the piece of luggage was referenced as being easily traced via serial number, etc. Not necessarily so. Thrift stores always have luggage on hand to sell; it's one of the most consistently donated items, and Tracy has a Goodwill and other thrifts, and there are other Goodwills and Salvation Army stores in the area.

I didn't realize that Kyle was from this town! This town is not having a good year at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmariah