Identified! CA - Santa Clara Co., Wht/HispFem 497UFCA, 35-45, SK victim, Hwy 152, Jun'93 *Patricia Skiple*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unknown victim in 1993 California rape, murder finally identified

She has been identified by the DNA Doe Project as 45-year-old Patricia Skiple of Colton, Oregon.

patricia-skiple2-1650304172.jpg

Age a little out, ancestry way out, and apparently no one looking for her...it looks like law enforcement went above and beyond and still the match would not have been made without forensic genealogy.

In this article the sheriff also thanks the Calgary police, which might represent another layer of complexity if she had no relatives in the US.

Oregon woman murdered by 'Happy Face Killer' ID'd in 30-year cold case

It says here that Skiple walked out of her home in Mollula, Oregon in 1992 and just vanished. Her family wondered for years where she was and if she would come back. I wonder how she became homeless.

It says here that Skiple walked out of her home in Mollula, Oregon in 1992 and just vanished. Her family wondered for years where she was and if she would come back. I wonder how she became homeless.

From the info in the first post about signs of IV drug use, it seems she may have been an addict. So sad that she ran into the wrong person. I'm glad her family has closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ray@Payton
Back