CA CA - Santa Clarita, Remains in Area of Tick Fire (Unrelated to Fire), PMI >1 year, Oct'19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Large bones that appeared to belong to a deceased human being were found in Santa Clarita in an area burned by the Tick Fire, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said Saturday.

The remains had likely been there for over a year when a Los Angeles County Public Works crew came across what they thought was a human skeleton, according to Lt. Derrick Alfred of the sheriff's homicide bureau. The crew was there doing post-fire clean up, and they stumbled across the remains, he said.

Based upon the results of the preliminary investigation, it appeared that the remains were at least one year old, and the individual did not die as a result of the Tick Fire, deputies said.

Human Remains Found in Area of Santa Clarita Burned by Tick Fire: LASD

Human remains were discovered in Canyon Country near an area affected by the Tick Fire Saturday, according to Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department officials.

The remains were found near the intersection of Sand Canyon Road and Thompson Ranch Drive, per officials.

[...]

The discovered body is not believed to be the result of the Tick Fire, according to Arteaga.

“The human remains are not burned as of this time, they were just remains found in a burned area,” said Arteaga, at approximately 3:10 p.m. on Saturday.

As investigators worked on the scene they said the public works employee had discovered a human skeleton that they believe to have been in the area for more than a year, according to Lt. Derrick Alfred, LASD Homicide Bureau.

“We don’t have any reason to believe that this is a victim of this fire or previous fires,” said Alfred. “It looks like the body may have been concealed up here or was here in the vegetation and after the fire, the body was revealed and found by the public.”

UPDATE: Human remains discovered in Tick Fire area

Large bones that appeared to belong to a deceased human being were found in Santa Clarita in an area burned by the Tick Fire, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said Saturday.

The remains had likely been there for over a year when a Los Angeles County Public Works crew came across what they thought was a human skeleton, according to Lt. Derrick Alfred of the sheriff's homicide bureau. The crew was there doing post-fire clean up, and they stumbled across the remains, he said.

Based upon the results of the preliminary investigation, it appeared that the remains were at least one year old, and the individual did not die as a result of the Tick Fire, deputies said.

Human Remains Found in Area of Santa Clarita Burned by Tick Fire: LASD

Human remains were discovered in Canyon Country near an area affected by the Tick Fire Saturday, according to Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department officials.

The remains were found near the intersection of Sand Canyon Road and Thompson Ranch Drive, per officials.

[...]

The discovered body is not believed to be the result of the Tick Fire, according to Arteaga.

“The human remains are not burned as of this time, they were just remains found in a burned area,” said Arteaga, at approximately 3:10 p.m. on Saturday.

As investigators worked on the scene they said the public works employee had discovered a human skeleton that they believe to have been in the area for more than a year, according to Lt. Derrick Alfred, LASD Homicide Bureau.

“We don’t have any reason to believe that this is a victim of this fire or previous fires,” said Alfred. “It looks like the body may have been concealed up here or was here in the vegetation and after the fire, the body was revealed and found by the public.”

UPDATE: Human remains discovered in Tick Fire area

Thank you for this link.

I have long thought these massive fires would uncover the secrets they hold for murderers who have placed their victims there secreted away hoping they are never found.

These kind areas can yield even many more victims imo.

Just like I feel many vast deserts have their own secrets with many being a dumping ground for numerous murderers even serial killers.

It haunts me to this day when the serial pedophile murderer, C. Clements, told his girlfriend he has two more victims he put in the vast Tucson desert where he also put 6 year old Isa Celis, and 13 year old Maribel Gonzalez. :(

So many victims need to be found in both of these type of areas. Imo, they are out there needing to be found too.

Most of the time if ever found it will be under these same situations... like this one victim was finally found, by happenstance.

May their loved ones find justice, and the murderer become known.

Jmho

CNN covering this case today:

October 28, 2019

[...]

The area is remote, affiliate footage showed.
There are no houses nearby, the roads wind around mountains and hills are steep.
So authorities have launched an investigation.
"It's definitely suspicious just on the location alone," Alfred told the affiliate. "I mean, it's not a common place where a person may fall ill and die."
Clues -- like clothes and any kind of identification -- were likely burned in the fire, the news station reported, citing officials.

[...]

Detectives found year-old remains in a Southern California area burned by the Tick Fire - CNN

Has anyone been able to figure out from reporter videos of the scene how far off the road these remains might have been? @gitana1 was asking in another thread.

I know some of you are great about finding helicopter footage and figure out where things are on a map. All I have seen are close up pictures like this one:
191028053138-01-tick-fire-human-remains-exlarge-169.jpg

Detectives found year-old remains in a Southern California area burned by the Tick Fire - CNN

I thought immediately of Bryce when I heard this story. I hope they can find out the identity.

Bryce is definitely a possibility, however living in the area it would be extremely difficult for him to have found his way over there without assistance. If it is Bryce I can safely say there is little to no doubt foul play would be involved. All JMO

NOT Will Cierzan:
“We just received confirmation from the LA County Coroner that the remains found in the Sand Fire are NOT Will Cierzan. We cannot thank all of you enough for your patience until the actual confirmed report came directly from the Coroner's office today. We are sending all support we can to the family/friends of the unnamed person who was found. And we are more than grateful for all of you that continue to look with us for Will. #bringwillhome”
Missing: William Cierzan, 58, Santa Clarita, CA

Couldnt locate an active thread for for Christopher Kish missing from Castaic as of 9/30/18 but heres the link from Namus...
He's another candidate imo.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

@Gardener1850 posted WS link earlier on in the thread for Jason Brice of Saugus.
Those two would be my next guess.
However, I live in the San Fernando Valley and I could easily hop in my car and arrive at the location where these remains were found in approx 30 mins or less, so nearly anyone missing from Los Angeles and surrounding areas could very well be the decedent. Since this is very possible that means there are many other missing persons that it could actually be. JS.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP61334
Date Body Found October 26, 2019
ME/C Case Number 2019-08046

Sex Unsure
Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian, Hispanic Latino, Asian, Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Adult
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Location Canyon Country, California 91387
County Los Angeles County

Circumstances of Recovery Burned skeleton found on hillside after Tick Fire.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back