CA - Scarlett Grace Harris, 21 months, found deceased in hot car, San Diego, Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

escape2sc

Lowcountry of South Carolina
Reaction score
San Diego On Monday August 5th , at 12:42 p.m., Scarlett's mother called police to say she woke up from a nap and could not find her daughter. The mother called back a few minutes later and said she found Scarlett in the car in the driveway. Police and EMS arrived and Scarlett was pronounced dead shortly after 1.

Two-year-old child dies in hot car while mother takes a nap
San Diego toddler dies in hot car while mother takes a nap
Father Identifies Toddler Who Died After Being Found Inside Car
Overdose Reported at Home Where Toddler Died in Car: Police

Poor baby. I'm unclear from the article I read what happened. Did mom leave the baby in the car and take a nap? Because I don't believe a 21 mo can open a car door even if it swung closed on her afterwards. They are pretty darn heavy. I can't see a 21 mo capable of that. :/

This is so sad! Poor baby. :(

I know the area. We turn off Santo onto Tierrasanta to go further out to my in-laws house. I hope there will be more news when the investigation is completed. The news has been careful not to name the parents.

Poor baby. I'm unclear from the article I read what happened. Did mom leave the baby in the car and take a nap? Because I don't believe a 21 mo can open a car door even if it swung closed on her afterwards. They are pretty darn heavy. I can't see a 21 mo capable of that. :/

I have read all the media accounts and none mention why Scarlett was in the car. I agree I cannot see a 21 month old opening a car door. Only information on the car is that it was a Nissan Altima

This is so sad! Poor baby. :(

I know the area. We turn off Santo onto Tierrasanta to go further out to my in-laws house. I hope there will be more news when the investigation is completed. The news has been careful not to name the parents.

One of the articles did name the parents...Priscilla and Brandon Harris

One of the articles did name the parents...Priscilla and Brandon Harris

Thanks. I missed that. If charges are filed we can look at them more closely. Neighbors seem to think it was an accident and could happen to anyone.

San Diego police investigated reports of an overdose Wednesday at a home in Tierrasanta where a toddler was found dead inside a car just two days prior.

The San Diego Police Department told NBC 7 two adults were taken out of the home on Leary Street and transferred to a local hospital following the suspected overdose incident.

The mother of the 21-month-old girl who died Monday was not involved in the suspected overdose, police confirmed. She was, however, taken to a local hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.

Police told NBC 7 they did not know what relationship, if any, the two adult patients had to the mother or the toddler.

The mother told the police that she forgot that the little girl was inside the vehicle, which was parked at the entrance of the family's house.

According to preliminary information, the mother had called emergency services once she got up from her nap and saw that her two-year-old daughter, Scarlett Grace Harris, was not home.

Olvidó a su hija de dos años en el auto; se fue a tomar una siesta y ella murió

Investigators have not yet said if Scarlett Harris' mother left her in the car. They did not provide any further details as to how the toddler got inside the vehicle.

The mother told the police that she forgot that the little girl was inside the vehicle, which was parked at the entrance of the family's house.

According to preliminary information, the mother had called emergency services once she got up from her nap and saw that her two-year-old daughter, Scarlett Grace Harris, was not home.

Olvidó a su hija de dos años en el auto; se fue a tomar una siesta y ella murió

Investigators have not yet said if Scarlett Harris' mother left her in the car. They did not provide any further details as to how the toddler got inside the vehicle.

This looks really bad for the mother. I don't think she 'took a nap' --- I think she passed out.

Reason being---she said she took a nap, and when she woke up, she saw that her baby was not home. ?

OK, if she thought her baby was supposed to be home, why would she take a nap, without figuring out where the baby was? You can't take a nap, when you have a 2 yr old, unless that baby is asleep in a crib in a closed up room.

The usual excuse for leaving a baby in a hot car is that you were supposed to drop them off at day care, but were on 'automatic' and forget completely.

But she ruined that explanation, by admitting that when she woke up, she wondered where the baby was. So she didn't think the baby was at the sitter's house.

Why didn't she wonder where the baby was before she took a nap? I think she passed out before thinking it through. JMO

This looks really bad for the mother. I don't think she 'took a nap' --- I think she passed out.

Reason being---she said she took a nap, and when she woke up, she saw that her baby was not home. ?

OK, if she thought her baby was supposed to be home, why would she take a nap, without figuring out where the baby was? You can't take a nap, when you have a 2 yr old, unless that baby is asleep in a crib in a closed up room.

The usual excuse for leaving a baby in a hot car is that you were supposed to drop them off at day care, but were on 'automatic' and forget completely.

But she ruined that explanation, by admitting that when she woke up, she wondered where the baby was. So she didn't think the baby was at the sitter's house.

Why didn't she wonder where the baby was before she took a nap? I think she passed out before thinking it through. JMO
It's so hard to know. Maybe she was one of those types that unloaded groceries/bags first and then went out for the kid (like if the kid was asleep) and then got side tracked then out of habit/autopilot thought the kid was napping in her own room and went down for her own nap. That's my guess. Could be it was the cousins fault and they went to load up car and forgot/got high or whatever. I don't know. These cases are so horrific and heartbreaking for all involved. I wish there was a way to prevent them.

I'm like monitor obsessed so I think I'd look at that before taking a nap myself. I'm obsessed with it. but I know some people don't even use one...

Also as a military wife and being the sole person who takes care of toddler, she might just be so over exhausted. That's when autopilot/forgetting kids is the most risky. Among the overtired/overworked.

Tierrasanta mom pleads guilty to child abuse in death of her toddler | cbs8.com

The mother of a toddler who died after being found unconscious in a vehicle outside their Tierrasanta home last summer pleaded guilty Wednesday to a felony child abuse charge and is slated to be sentenced to 10 years in state prison on April 6.

Pricilla Marquez Harris, 25, also admitted sentence-enhancing allegations of causing great bodily injury or death.

The defendant initially reported her 20-month-old daughter missing in a 12:30 p.m. call to police last Aug. 5. She called again a short time later to say the youngster had been found inside her car, which was parked outside their residence in the 10300 block of Leary Street, and told a dispatcher that the child was unresponsive and not breathing, according to San Diego police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67
Back