Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, just so someone else like me doesn't get the wrong end of the stick here. This is not an urban area, it is quite rural. Some other descriptions leave the impression that the houses are next to each other and you can talk to your neighbors through a hedge. This is not the case. Sunrise drive does not have street view, but Old Oregon does, and you can see down Sunrise and the road is not even paved. For the most part, the houses are set back from the roads, with long driveways, and a lot of trees are in the way sometimes. It would not be difficult for a homeowner to completely miss a large number of vehicles going by, much more a woman jogging. In fact, it would be quite easy to abduct someone and escape undetected, unfortunately.

Ime it's not unusual to not be able to answer a phone during the work day. At my work we can only use phones on breaks so it someone texts me straight after I've got to work it could be a few hours before I see the message. I could be in a meeting that might make the interval even longer, imo really not a red flag in itself.

If Sherri hadn't followed up the test with a call or 2nd message that suggests she didn't expect him to be able to reply instantly, she didn't hear from him so assumed he wasn't coming home or it went past his lunch break time so she went for her jog

It would be very helpful to know if he did call the phone, at the moment the absence of confirmation either way means we can't assume he didn't try to contact her that way first or maybe it was his usual thing to track the phone to see if she was on a run or at the shops or gym before making a call.
If she left to jog at 2, and he replied at 1:39..... ??? Is that the correct order or am I misunderstanding?

I think it's hard to "guess" their finances. Who knows if they have family money, if she worked outside the home prior to having children & they have a good size savings.
I say this as I was a full time SAHM & just recently went back to work part-time (my children are in school now).
Also, the SAHM & daycare thing.... when I was a full time SAHM, my children were in daycare part time. I used the time they were in daycare to grocery shop, run errands, clean/do laundry, dr appts, hair appts, and most importantly for my sanity, to exercise.
There were times when finances were tight. My DH being the breadwinner, and honestly taking the kids out of part-time daycare would've been the last "extra" we would've taken away. I bought (& still do) second hand clothing, shopped deals & used coupons, we didn't travel much, etc. Having my kids in daycare, part-time (10-12'ish hours p/week) was my saving grace. I honestly believe it helped me be a better mother, wife & just staying a sane person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your husband sounds amazing! Lol! I think mine would tell me I could put the kids in daycare when I got a job. I would be worried he'd resent me if things were tight and I paid for daycare on top of the privilege of being a sahm.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Your husband sounds amazing! Lol! I think mine would tell me I could put the kids in daycare when I got a job. I would be worried he'd resent me if things were tight and I paid for daycare on top of the privilege of being a sahm.

My DH is really great & I realize how lucky I am that he understands what helps our family, personally. With that said, my DH works really long hours.
We don't know what Sherri's husband's hours are.... maybe he also realized that she needed the break (kids in daycare). But really, I don't think the kids in daycare has anything to do with her missing.... except the possibility that she was feeling overwhelmed? I don't know. I'm praying she's found soon & safe.

Just brining this link forward of their wedding photos. My goodness. So beautiful. The blog by the photographer is worth reading I think too. I hadn't read it before

Thank you for bringing that link forward, I had missed it earlier. That blog that the photographer wrote is lovely. Having such fun and so many laughs. She said that he was so funny. They seem like a very lovely family. I'm heart broken for him.

That scene on the ABC link seems like they found pictures of her, probably for media as there is also a huge missing poster sign in the mix of the pictures.

The "supermom" comment was made off hand by her sister. I don't think it is as intense as some may be taking it. If you see their interview she was just saying how wonderful her sister is.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-mi...erri-papini-thinks-abducted/story?id=43348426

At 0:52 the video shows her husband sitting in a sparingly furnished room with Christmas themed decorations and poster sized portraits of the couple. She "vanished" on Wednesday, November 2, two days after Halloween and three weeks before Thanksgiving. The Christmas decorations seem "off" to me unless they are there year around.

You're right, that room is so staged. The "decorations" are just toys sitting around. I totally believed his interview, but since you've pointed out how odd these decorations are, I now wonder.

It's the posters that get me, though. They are not hung. They are set directly behind where he is sitting and where he would be filmed with them. They are blocking the windows! The posters remind me of a facebook account of somebody's "fabulous" life. That is just strange.

That said, the interview sounded genuine to me. But I'm always wrong on the interviews. :facepalm:

So is there a chance that LE will find video evidence? Or maybe they already did and did not see anything..hence not calling it an abduction..

Per the link link to the article:
"There is not a lot of businesses right there in that intersection but we are branching out into in the search area to contact businesses to see perhaps what they may have on their surveillance system."

Aren't there apps that allow you to track someone else's phone with their permission, could just be a sensible thing to have set up in case the phone was ever lost, Sherri might have had the same app on her phoine to track his if necessary
Life360

My DH is really great & I realize how lucky I am that he understands what helps our family, personally. With that said, my DH works really long hours.
We don't know what Sherri's husband's hours are.... maybe he also realized that she needed the break (kids in daycare). But really, I don't think the kids in daycare has anything to do with her missing.... except the possibility that she was feeling overwhelmed? I don't know. I'm praying she's found soon & safe.

Affairs are always a possibility. I watch a lot of snapped. I wonder about asking if he's coming home from lunch. Going on a run at 2 but being seen by neighbors jogging before noon? There's a lot of conflicting info. Possibly just bad reporting though.

You're right, that room is so staged. The "decorations" are just toys sitting around. I totally believed his interview, but since you've pointed out how odd these decorations are, I now wonder.

It's the posters that get me, though. They are not hung. They are set directly behind where he is sitting and where he would be filmed with them. They are blocking the windows! The posters remind me of a facebook account of somebody's "fabulous" life. That is just strange.

That said, the interview sounded genuine to me. But I'm always wrong on the interviews. :facepalm:
I wonder if the news station staged the room.

They need to ping her phone to find out the exact time it ended up in the spot it was left. And was she running at noon or 2? That matters.

It's probably me just grasping at straws here, but it turns out there may have been a road crew in the area. Something about road divisions and paving. If anyone can find out more info like this, we might be able to build a possible witness list.

They may have been working on Los Palos Drive off of Shasta Meadows Drive

http://www.ebidboard.com/public/projects/downloads.asp?projectguid={A8755AED-92AD-42DE-8A17-5FE7B8849EC8}&mbrguid={B9185A95-C5B2-4BC9-889C-85277F00D6F4}

I wonder if the news station staged the room.

Do we know if that interview was in their home? It seems odd to me that if LE hasn't officially ruled the husband out, that they'd allow news crews and all tromping through potential evidence, moving things and staging a room.
Am I crazy or was there not also an enormous "Missing" poster in the background with all the enormous wedding photos?

Sorry, my original post was badly worded. I was speculating in my original statement that IF she told daycare she would be late, it would explain why he had to call daycare to check on her movements. In my experience, day cares are fairly conscientious about calling up on parents who are late, partly because they have to have the right ratio of staff:children. So the fact that he called day care because they would normally be home seems a significant bit of evidence to me that has to be explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons