Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wikipedia has some short notes on the practice of human branding that could probably fuel further research. Apparently it's used as either a form of initiation (unlikely here) or more typically as a form of either a> punishment or b> enslavement. Either of the latter seem a possibility here. Unfortunately, they're very large and open possibilities. Punishment to whom, specifically, and for what?

Another article discussing this is posted previously.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...kers-victims-branded-like-cattle-9763468.html

I'm not understanding completely. So is he saying he was made aware of the contents of the letter prior to it being reported?

Why would he leave the veracity in question?

I don't understand any of this which is why I haven't been posting on this case. Just this once I will point out (without judgement either way on the real/hoax argument).

The Sheriff keeps making statements that raises doubt in the public's mind about this case. Now why would he keep doing that?

From this article - the back and forth is maddening: http://www.redding.com/news/local/Keith-Papini-on-GMA--403578496.html

"But when pressed later in the day, Bosenko said he’d only confirmed that the details were in Keith Papini’s letter, not their veracity.

“I will remain with the same information I put out previously that she was located, taken to a local hospital, treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released,” Bosenko said."

So...sheriff will only confirm that Keith gave those details, but not that they are accurate? Why's that, I wonder?

For people asking about medical documentation/pictures/rape kits, etc. Hospital worker here (cancer, not ER, but do spend a fair amount of time there). We have a hospital photographer we use, but strictly for medical treatment reasons. We do not take pictures for LE. When LE shows up with an assault victim, they call their own forensic photographer who documents injuries from every angle imaginable. As for a rape kit, we cannot force any patient to submit to a rape kit if he/she does not consent. Forensic LE photos are NOT covered under HIPPA. They are legal documentation; not medical.

Why does Shasta, CA ring such a bell? Didn't something else happen there that was in the news a few years ago? It sounds so familiar, but, my research isn't turning anything up.

Huh?? Familiar with the contents of the letter not the veracity?
Also, earlier the Sheriff didn't know that she had been 'thrown from the vehicle' as KPs statement. Stuck to his dropped off/released.

Vacaville isn't far away. About 30 miles. Two prisons:
California Medical Facility
California State Prison, Solano

There's also Pelican Bay State Prison in Crescent City.

(Apologies if this has been mentioned, I'm trying to keep up.)

From this article - the back and forth is maddening: http://www.redding.com/news/local/Keith-Papini-on-GMA--403578496.html

"But when pressed later in the day, Bosenko said he’d only confirmed that the details were in Keith Papini’s letter, not their veracity.

“I will remain with the same information I put out previously that she was located, taken to a local hospital, treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released,” Bosenko said."

The reporting, IMO, is ambiguous. "But when pressed later in the day, Bosenko said he’d only confirmed that the details were in Keith Papini’s letter, not their veracity." Those are the reporter's words.

The sheriff states "I will remain with the same information I put out previously that she was located, taken to a local hospital, treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released,” Bosenko said. This doesn't necessarily mean he is disputing KP's words, but rather he's sticking by his less detailed statement. Why? Not wishing to violate SP's privacy or wanting to keep certain details of the investigation close to the vest - JMO

Couldn't it be true that she had her hair "chopped off" and it was still somewhat long in the eyes of the witness? She had VERY long hair. Chopped off, could be chopped to shoulder length which to a vehicle passing by could still be considered long.

Goodness, I believe she was abducted, held, and tortured. I don't know a lot about this story, but I can give the benefit of the doubt to a victim. Until and unless proven wrong, I think this poor woman is very lucky to be alive and I am SO very glad she is home!!

And 'chopped off' could be at haphazard lengths - leaving some long and some short, a bit like often happens when a child cuts their own hair or that of someone else.

Thereby meaning it would essentially (eventually) all have to be cut short(er) all over to even it up.

:dunno:

How common is gang initiation and is this usually the form it takes? I thought it was more about drive by shootings and killing rival gang members.

I think that would be true of most gangs with male members, females I'm not so sure about.

This comes across almost as an amateurish effort to abduct and hold someone, torture them and scare the hell out of them, and then let them go without explanation.

So what would possibly drive someone to go to all of that trouble without a pay day ?

One theory that sounds plausible is that it was done to "impress" someone or to find a way "in". If she had been killed, it might have brought a whole lot of heat down on everybody involved, so the decision was made to let her walk.

Hence the gang initiation theory. Only a bunch of ****s could come up with something so ludicrous in order to prove one's self.

I don't understand any of this which is why I haven't been posting on this case. Just this once I will point out (without judgement either way on the real/hoax argument).

The Sheriff keeps making statements that raises doubt in the public's mind about this case. Now why would he keep doing that?

I do not think the Sheriff is purposely putting doubts in people's mind, rather he is being vague. IMO, I think the local LE are working their butts off with a load of info that still needs to be sorted out.

Sorry - in response to Aeronomy (tried to quote you but going back and forth between WS and tapatalk)

I'm not sure about the sheriff being made aware of the letter prior to it being read- I interpreted it as he is confirming the contents of KP's letter, but that he himself is not confirming the authenticity of the specific details contained in them.
Maybe that's for legal reasons? The letter was pretty specific.
Trixandhoney,
That is exactly what I got from it... Coming from a law enforcement family, this is what it sounds like to me... Sheriff was possibly given a copy of the statement before it was released. Sheriff will only confirm being aware of information given to him...

But why was that particular piece of misinformation allowed to fester for so long? Bloggers covered it. It's been out in the open for how long now? And not one single person who knew better pointed out that it was fake?

That just makes no sense to me. I wonder if the ultra-secretive Sheriff had a hand in that.

I do believe it is fake, so don't get me wrong.

I also believe it is somehow involved. <modsnip>That is one heck of a coincidence, don't you think?

I'm starting to get on board with those that think she was told to say it was two Hispanic women.

This looks personal to me. Very personal. In fact, it looks like the work of a sick, sadistic killer who only let her go because it would provide him with a different kind of thrill. If so, it was probably the same guy who murdered her classmate. Might even be the same person who posted the skinheadz article.

I have to ask, though. How is it that she couldn't get that fake article and her picture pulled off that site? How did it get up there in the first place? Was the entire site the work of some depraved lunatic who wouldn't remove it? Very strange.

There are ways to remove an article from the web archive, by the way. I've had articles removed based on my copyright. Another way is to the buy the skinheadz domain and set up a suppression instruction. It's for sale, but they want $2495 for it. That a fair bit of coin.

BBM That possibility/probability crossed my mind.

Yeah I'm mostly not posting either. I will say I don't think this will turn out to be a stranger abduction. I feel it was targeted. Seems like someone wanted to torture and punish and humiliate Sherri, but not kill her. Who that is, I'm open on.

I think it felt like a 'hoax' because it's all just so unusual. I'm keeping my mind way open. I feel Sherri is definitely a victim (and by extension so are her kids). I'm way open on absolutely everyone else's level of involvement. Not accusing anyone, I'm just making zero judgments at all.

ETA though honestly if it turned out to be space aliens I'd probably shrug, accept it, and chalk it up to the general weirdness of 2016. That's where I'm at.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Is there a prison nearby where she was abducted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No prison close to where she went missing. The prisons mentioned in other posts (Vacaville, Sacramento, etc) are close to the release site.

attachment.php

I can't be the only one who needs this right now

:rollercoaster:

I can't even respond to LE's recent comment. I saw the video where he spoke. He was not acting as if KP's statements weren't true. He just acted like the public wasn't supposed to know those details YET. Now this?? My eyeballs and brain can't take this! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just thought of another motive that would almost explain this entire ordeal.

Two women involved.
Stranger on stranger crime.
Occurred in broad daylight.
Lots of publicity surrounding it.
LE scrambling to figure it out.
Victim mistreated and abused, but not killed.
Abductors able to prove their brutality and stamina.

Gang initiation.

I don;t know. Gang initiation typically involves being jumped into the gang or committing a crime against rivals, or a typical gang type crime like robbery. Abducting and holding a woman for three weeks as a gang initiation? I think trafficking, which is remote on my list, is a greater possibility.

Just because these women were described as "Hispanic" does not mean they are affiliated with gangs. Unless it's the kind of big, narco-trafficante type gang we hear about south of the border that abducts women and children and men - everyone - from rich families for money or retribution, that has somehow spread to the north.

I think it's more likely to be the typical motivation for women in her demographic - sexual assault. Sometimes these scary predators have scary women they use to assist them, like Jaycee Dugard's captor or Elizabeth Smart's, among others. My bet is it is more likely that kid of scenario than gang or trafficking. Or straight, targeted kidnapping for ransom.

attachment.php

I can't be the only one who needs this right now

:rollercoaster:
Lol! At this point, Truth Serum is the much more needed medication!
I just don't understand, I like my facts straight up, no chaser... Just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova