Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I completely understand why Keith did it. He's been quiet for days while people bash his tortured wife. He just couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't handle the accusations against her. He may have also lost a little faith in LE. They were not the ones to crack the case and find Sherri. It was the public. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like this might be a real abduction after all? Why would one brand someone they kidnapped? What is the significance?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the Community is going to not know what hit them. The branding will say a lot... remember those sealed warrants and one was a house of worship in Redding... Look at Bethal, the negotiator and what his Taken project is all about... unbelievable, right?
Husband did not know a lot of what his wife was doing, but who knows how's this all plays out. I wonder what the branded message will tell us?

If a search warrant is sealed....how would anyone other than LE know what/who it involves? Please provide a link for this because it's the first time I've seen it come up here.

Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said he was "blindsided" by Keith Papini's statement issued Tuesday that included key pieces of information in the case.

http://www.wwgp1050.com/2016/11/29/sheriff-confirms-husbands-details-on-sherri-papinis-condition/

Wow, I stand corrected on the fact KP gave LE a heads up about his statement. I would think all pertinent parties would be in sync, working together.

This action by KP is not good and shows division between the family and LE.

Hello. I'm going to get flack for this, but it's important to me.

Is there any chance Sherri's threads can be changed from "Found Safe" to "Found Alive"? She fought to survive, and with all of the physical and mental torture she endured, I don't think she was "Found Safe".

I am thrilled she is safe now, after receiving medical treatment, and that she is recovering with her family in private. I hope she lives a long, healthy life!!

People think (in any criminal case) that it is harmless to speculate that the husband did it, or that she faked it. It's not. The Internet makes the world a very small place. When people do this, they are adding pain to the lives of people who are already living a nightmare.
ITA...I understand the speculation of a case. I understand commenting when things are strange or different. I dont understand publically speculating about a victim and their family when there is no evidence they have done something wrong. speculate privately. pick a WS'er who shares your POV and PM them if you must get it off of your chest..heck..share with your spouse. Anything but the victim bashing.

Thanks Mods for keeping us straight!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Looks like this might be a real abduction after all? Why would one brand someone they kidnapped? What is the significance?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

To send a message? That's the only reason I can think of unless it really is trafficking.

I completely understand why Keith did it. He's been quiet for days while people bash his tortured wife. He just couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't handle the accusations against her. He may have also lost a little faith in LE. They were not the ones to crack the case and find Sherri. It was the public. JMO

I can't even imagine what that must be like for Sherri and her family - to endure a trauma and then come home to be faced with some of the awful things that are being said on social media about her. Traumatized only to be traumatized all over again.

I do not think the Sheriff is purposely putting doubts in people's mind, rather he is being vague. IMO, I think the local LE are working their butts off with a load of info that still needs to be sorted out.

Still way behind again but I think there's a combination of several things going on here.

1. the sheriff has no intention of releasing more than he wants to right now
2. he's known (by some who have commented here) to be vague like this
3. media is falling all over themselves to write juicy bylines and content to sensationalize this even more, despite what LE does or doesn't say
4. many of the public are splitting apart every word (and every word not said) to give it 2, 3, or 5 different meanings.
5. KP was more than likely far more dramatic with his descriptions than anyone else might be, because that's his wife and it blew his mind to see her that way :(

I could probably make this list longer, but I'll stop there.

moo.

I don't think the public cracked the case per say...the public helped by putting heat on the abductors but I believe the family knew all along who took her.

I just thought of another motive that would almost explain this entire ordeal.

Two women involved.
Stranger on stranger crime.
Occurred in broad daylight.
Lots of publicity surrounding it.
LE scrambling to figure it out.
Victim mistreated and abused, but not killed.
Abductors able to prove their brutality and stamina.

Gang initiation.
For 3 weeks? What gang members or prospective gang members want to hold a woman hostage for 3 weeks?

Things that still bother me;
1. The husband/family not begging for the people's help in having the abductees apprehended.
2. Sheriffs office not coming out with clear confirmation that this was an abduction or that she jumped out of the SUV.
3. Where is the FBI in this case? Would love to hear a statement from them.
4. Why isn't the Randi /reward $ being split amongst the first 911 callers and truck driver?
5. Husband giving out extremely detailed description of physical harm to SP. it seems exaggerated when comparing to other descriptions from the sheriff and 911 callers.
6. Weeks of silence from husband, but now today's details???
And I could go on......

Before Sherri Papani was found, police had filed at least 20 search warrants in court linked to the investigation. Many remained sealed. ABC News reported investigators were also looking through her computer records, probing past relationships and seeking surveillance footage that could offer clues.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/details-scarce-case-california-woman-missing-43829461

Saturday they reviewed surveillance video from a church, the closest building to where Papini was found. Church members say there wasn’t much to see. They didn’t find anything.

https://kobi5.com/news/police-continue-to-investigate-sherri-papini-case-41011/

So, the question remains, why did KP go outside the SCSO and make this statement to "blindside" them?

From the LT in the very same interview:

Lieutenant Anthony Bertain, the head of the Investigations Division at the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, said he understood the need for Keith to set the story straight from rampant social media but that investigators were "surprised" by his statement.

The speculation / questions / pressure / accusations on SM seemed to have gotten to him.

Certainly far from the first case we've seen this happen in - for varying reasons.

The Lt said he understood...but was blindsided...and as quoted more than once above, would overcome that obstacle of KP's release of info they wanted held close to the vest, just as they overcome obstacles in other cases.

So, the question remains, why did KP go outside the SCSO and make this statement to "blindside" them?

Because the night before, the Sheriff was minimizing her injuries to the public- thus causing people to speculate and victim shame his wife. He was pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member