Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To my knowledge that's never been addressed by him or the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purely speculating here but my educated guess would be that the Norcal Alliance for the Missing would have suggested bringing in this expert.

I only came up with verifying a confession. What are the other reasons that you can think of?

Let's say LE is interrogating a suspect and the suspect is denying any involvement in a crime. But, the suspect says something about the crime that hasn't been released to the public. That could implicate the suspect because s/he knows a detail about the crime that only the perp would know.

What if someone in this case mentioned, "I wasn't the one who broke her nose!" That would indicate the person knew about the broken nose, even though that information was not released to the public.

That's just an example. Other WSers can probably come up with better examples. LE wants some details kept private because it can aid in the investigation.

jmopinion

I'm off and on this case. I have a lot of blank spaces where there should be information because I've wandered off to pull weeds. I do think you're correct about what KP's goal might be. I didn't hear him say today that he'd like the preps caught.

This Daily Mail link has the text of his 11/29/2016 GMA Statement
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...usband-says-malicious-prank-isn-t-racist.html

Let's not forget what Cameron Gamble - who KP supported - said: "We don't care about justice." KP might not care whether or not anyone is arrested at this point, so his actions could be based on things besides what will help or hinder the investigation because they're not part of his equation.

"There's some unique information in there that was in his press release today that we were hoping to keep a tight rein on as far as what we were going to release to the public" Bertain said. "It's not the first hurdle in this investigation that we've had, we've overcome many of them, not just in this case, but there's surprises in all investigations, so this is just..wasn't good timing."

Sheriff Bosenko said Sherri Papini was interviewed by investigators again Tuesday afternoon and the Sheriff's Department hopes to release more detailed information about the two Hispanic women who held Sherri captive at a press conference Wednesday.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...appointed-by-keith-papini-statement/191592075

:yeahthat: High profile and public awareness helped save this lady's life. jmo
Perhaps it was her at the truck stop after all. She was recognized and LE was given the tag # of a Blue Pick up truck. They had to dump her or kill her. LE knows who she was with or at least the owner of said truck!
MOO
A possibility or no?

"Eventually, Everson, marketing director of Air Shasta Rotor & Wing in Redding, left the rest stop and called the police. “We left before they left. I gave myself about five minutes down the road before I called the police,” she said. “I gave them the number of the car and a description.”
*http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ed-sherri-papini-before-she-was-found-w452728

The article was from an 18 month FBI investigation, ending in 2011. I posted it to show the connection between gangs and trafficking as it also referenced other gangs (Crips & their sets, Bloods, MS-13). From what I could tell, of the 39 arrested in this sting, several received 10 year sentences in a federal prison. The article is older, but IMO still relevant, as trafficking has only gained momentum in the last 5 years.

One reason that street gangs have not been prosecuted for human trafficking is that too many prosecutors and law enforcement officials assume that human trafficking in America is primarily an international problem. A recent Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics report, however, found that 83% of victims in confirmed sex trafficking incidents are actually U.S. citizens.
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2011/10/4034/
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/sandiego/press-releases/2011/sd041811.htm

In April of what year? Do you know anything else about the arrests?

A few have mentioned the FBI and their lack of involvement (at least as far as we know). I was curious so I googled and found this:
"The FBI will initiate a kidnapping investigation involving a missing child “of tender years,” even though there is no known interstate aspect. “Tender years” is generally defined as a child 12 years or younger. The FBI will monitor other kidnapping situations when there is no evidence of interstate travel, and it offers assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory." BBM.
So it sounds like they could have been consulted in this case? Anyone know more about when the FBI is or isn't brought into kidnapping cases?
https://www.fbi.gov/investigate

The FBI entered on Sierah's case when they were asked to by local LE.

I only came up with verifying a confession. What are the other reasons that you can think of?

Yeah, I agree that ruling out false confessions and verifying true confessions are the main two reasons for keeping some key details from the public at large.

The couple of other reasons that quickly came to mind: (1) LE doesn't believe a detail would help the public recognize potential suspects and the victim does not wish to have that detail made public, (2) LE suspects that a detail was an intentional attempt by the perp to point attention in the wrong direction.

Let's say LE is interrogating a suspect and the suspect is denying any involvement in a crime. But, the suspect says something about the crime that hasn't been released to the public. That could implicate the suspect because s/he knows a detail about the crime that only the perp would know.

What if someone in this case mentioned, "I wasn't the one who broke her nose!" That would indicate the person knew about the broken nose, even though that information was not released to the public.

That's just an example. Other WSers can probably come up with better examples. LE wants some details kept private because it can aid in the investigation.

jmopinion

I guess that it's possible a suspect could screw up and let slip that they broke her nose, beat her black and blue and branded her. Actually that would be a confession.

I understand the concept of keeping details secret. I'm not sure if Sherri's injuries needed to be kept secret. JMO

totally agree with you, Fairy1. he's being cryptic (in my definition, IMO JMO) for a reason.

<modsnip>

Vacaville isn't far away. About 30 miles. Two prisons:
California Medical Facility
California State Prison, Solano

She was abducted over 2 hrs from vacaville

AND if he hadn't spoken about what Sherri went through most of us would still be speculating that this is a hoax, because of what the sheriff said last night.

So what if he mentioned she was branded? She was branded for a reason. It's no secret to the people that did it to her. They knew LE would find this out. It's on her body. Everything Keith said was already known to the people that harmed her. They left the evidence in plain sight. Does LE think they'll be surprised or scared off that they have this information? They branded her, beat her up and left her to be found that way.

IMO it's no news to the suspects. Maybe LE is more worried about panic from the public.

Sheriff Bosenko (about SP being branded) it is not a symbol it was a message
Reporter -To who?
Sheriff-it could be a message to her or message to others
I think that is why the Sheriff was blindsided--He did not want the public to know, for reasons unknown to us.

Just re-reading Keith's GMA statement ... I find it really irresponsible of the hospital to have released her in that condition. Yes, bruises and gashes can be treated quite quickly and someone sent on their way ... but surely with her malnourishment being what he has said, they should've put her on an IV and kept her under observation for at least 24 hours? And then there are the psychological effects - this poor woman must have been absolutely traumatised; sending her home (or away) from medical care just sounds wrong :notgood:.

Unless - and maybe this was the case? I certainly hope so - she was released into the care of a medical team somewhere out of the public eye, somewhere far, far away and in the best surroundings possible.

I guess that it's possible a suspect could screw up and let slip that they broke her nose, beat her black and blue and branded her. Actually that would be a confession.

I understand the concept of keeping details secret. I'm not sure if Sherri's injuries needed to be kept secret. JMO

Really? What purpose is served by divulging her injuries? Why would they feel the need to disclose these details when the investigation is ongoing and the perps are still on the loose?

Yeah, I agree that ruling out false confessions and verifying true confessions are the main two reasons for keeping some key details from the public at large.

The couple of other reasons that quickly came to mind: (1) LE doesn't believe the detail ls would help the public recognize potential suspects and the victim does not wish to have that detail made public, (2) LE suspects that the detail was an intentional attempt to point attention in the wrong direction.

Everything that LE releases doesn't have to help find the suspects. It could help the public to understand these wasn't a hoax.

I'm sure that Sherri was on board with Keith letter. It helped in letting the public know that this wasn't a hoax.

If LE has reason to believe anything Keith revealed is pointing the public in the wrong direction they can certainly let us know. JMO

Well, the example I used was pretty clumsy and obvious. There are more subtleties to an investigation and interrogation than my example.

It's not just a confession that LE is concerned about, but gathering information. It's easier to build a case that isn't entirely known to the public, but I'm not equipped to explain it properly.

This case is burning my communication skills. Not joking!

jmopinon

Really? What purpose is served by divulging her injuries? Why would they feel the need to disclose these details when the investigation is ongoing and the perps are still on the loose?

My next post explains.

Thanks for the links, I'm a few pages behind. But watching the logs for SP reports, it was hard not to notice all of the reports of girls being held near the dam or against their will. I don't have links, but they were there along with locals commenting on SM about the prevalence of trafficking. Tons of dropped 911 calls on the logs, too. But those may be fairly common, really the first I've ever looked at LE logs.

Per the OP's link and a google of it - 2011.

FBI:

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/sandiego/press-releases/2011/sd041811.htm

Local media:

http://www.10news.com/news/sex-trafficking-among-charges-in-oceanside-gang-probe

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Oceanside-Crips-Indicted-for-Prostitution-Ring-120141174.html

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...treet-gang-to-enterprise-2011apr22-story.html

You can hear regular raids happening at many hotels here on scanner traffic feed - even the stuff just publicly available on Broadcastify, etc. much of the time.

It's a huge issue here and I know some in the DA's office who are heavily involved in the investigations and awareness campaigns being done here as a result.

The Oceanside raid was more public, but it's a regularly mentioned/addressed topic here in San Diego County, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldeBiddy