Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the source for my earlier post;

Hollywoodlife.com (stylized as HollywoodLife.com) is an American entertainment website launched in 2009 as part of Penske Media Corporation by longtime magazine editor Bonnie Fuller, who is the former editor of the magazines Cosmopolitan, Glamour and Us Weekly.[SUP][1[/SUP]

http://hollywoodlife.com/
Sherri Papini: Kidnapped Mom’s Shocking Condition After 3 Weeks In Captivity Revealed
Tue, November 29, 2016 11:27am EST by Kathleen Harper1 Comment
Miraculously, Sherri Papini, the mom who was abducted on Nov. 2, was found alive 3 weeks later after being repeatedly beaten and held in captivity. But while Sherri is in fact alive, her journey to recovery will be a long one, according to her husband Keith. After all, Sherri was left scarred & bruised among other horrific things — get the details about her condition here.
Keith Papini, the husband of Sherri Papini, the California mom who was allegedly abducted earlier this month and was held in captivity for three weeks, came forward to reveal the brutal condition his beloved wife was in the first time he saw her after her release by her captors on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 24. And while Sherri is indeed alive, she’s apparently still suffering due to what her captors did to her.
“Nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to see upon my arrival at the hospital, nor the details of the true hell I was about to hear,” Keith said in a statement to Good Morning America on Nov. 29. “My first sight was my wife in a hospital bed, her face covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings, the bridge of her nose broken.”
Keith continued, “She has been branded and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers.” So awful. The father also added that Sherri only weighed 87 pounds when he was first reunited with her — her signature blonde locks had been cut off completely. She was also badly burned, had been branded all over her body, and suffered from intense rashes.
Keith even revealed to GMA that Sherri had been thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist that was also attached to her wrists, and a bag over her head. And just one day after Sherri’s return, authorities told ABC News that there was “no reason to disbelieve” her story.

:moo:

This to me is a good example of a publication that merely picked up on what other articles have said and nothing is original.

I give NO weight to that comment that she had branding all over her body as this whole article is a pick up of other articles in my opinion. ETA unless it is published somewhere else that is video or msm (and corrected to "branding")

The dad-of-two also described the moment he took the phone call from his hysterical wife in the early hours of Thanksgiving morning after 22 days missing.

He said he could hear the 34-year-old yelling his name while a confused CHP (California High Patrol) officer in the background told her to “calm down”.

“I get the phone and, [I said], ‘Oh my God, honey.’ And of course she's screaming,” Keith said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...-been-found/amp/?client=ms-android-sonymobile

It was very early that morning on Nov. 24 that Keith Papini said his home phone rang.

“It was my wife screaming in the background, yelling my name, and a CHP [California High Patrol] officer that seemed somewhat confused at the moment, like, ‘What is going on?’” Keith Papini told ABC's “20/20” in an exclusive interview. “And [the officer] said, ‘I need you to be calm. I need you to be calm.’ … I already know it’s her. I can tell her voice.”

At first, Keith Papini said he didn’t know what going on, whether his wife was hurt or not. He can only hear her screaming.

“I get the phone and, [I said], ‘Oh my God, honey.’ And of course she's screaming,” Keith Papini said. “It's very emotional. And, ‘I love you, I love you, I love you, Oh my God, you're here. You're back. Where are you?’ And then the phone gets taken away from her. Like, super quick.”

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....tory?id=43911092?client=ms-android-sonymobile

This is admittedly a little "out there" - but there _are_ a number of fringe Latino/Chicano nationalist groups operating in California. Their beliefs seem to vary, but in general they push for Reconquista, the idea that the American Southwest should be reconquered by Hispanics and returned to its people. Some call for whites to be expelled and returned to Europe. This is probably obvious, but based on their postings they particularly have a hatred of Trump and his supporters, white supremacists, and even Thanksgiving due to its colonial history. I will say that from what I've read, despite some pretty heated rhetoric, they do say they are non-violent movements. However, if there was ever a time for offshoots or members to go rogue, I'd say that time is now with the current political climate. Like I said, not sure even I subscribe to this, but just adding it as another option. I could see Sherri making a perfect target for one of these groups, and the branding with a message making sense - not to mention the release on Thanksgiving.

You can read more about a couple of these groups below at their own sites and social media pages:

Mexica Movement
http://www.mexica-movement.org/
https://www.facebook.com/MexicaMovementLiberationEducation

Brown Berets
http://nationalbrownberets.com/
https://www.facebook.com/BrownBerets

I had to copy this from last night because the thread was closed by the time I was done writing. Not sure if any of this is relevant now.

It's reported the abductors spoke mostly in Spanish. While I know I couldn't follow an entire conversation, I could definitely pick out a few words I do know and I pretty much cheated my way to a B- in my one semester of Spanish class. There were probably a handful of words that were repeated over the course of 3 weeks. Also, I find it pretty brave of the abductors to assume SP did not know Spanish. Of course, maybe they were just more comfortable/fluent in Spanish and didn't care if SP knew what they were saying.

Tcash reminds me of a rapper name. Totally irrelevant, but it made me giggle. I think the disappearing pins are weird. Damage has been done, opinions have been made. I'm certainly not going to base my opinion of someone based on some Pinterest pins, but I do have my opinion about cleaning out what might be interpreted as "dirty laundry".

I'm curious if the sketches will be released to the public.

I'm with many others- KP going to the media is a bad idea unless he's bringing a whole lot of useful information to the public and a whole lot less creative writing. I certainly don't fault the guy if he's irritated with the rumors or LE, but I don't think this is the way to go about hushing the naysayers. Every word, every blink, every head motion is going to be scrutinized.

My biggest concern is the lack of public awareness. LE suggested some ways to say safe, but holy crap, there might be two armed and violent women running free. If there isn't a clear motive, and this was truly random, then what's keeping them from doing this again?

3. her cell phone was found with the earphones coiled and placed on top, phone screen facing up

So either Sherri maybe rolled it up nicely while she was talking to her kidnappers (did it fall down and stay that way? did she set it down?), abductors planted the evidence, or did KP touch the phone when he found it? (I would totally pick up a phone not thinking about potential evidence. I'd be thinking maybe it fell out while she was jogging or perhaps she was injured nearby.)

I saw a lot of "stuff" on LinkedIn, but nothing that I am used to seeing-college, branch of service, grad years,etc. It could be because I'm not logged in. I refuse to log into the site after my child realized I had been looking at her new beau's page. Trust me, don't look at anyone's LinkedIn unless you're sure you didn't leave yourself logged in, unless you want the person notified you've been there.

BBM

Just an FYI... if you look in the settings of your LinkedIn account, you can turn this off and remain anonymous.

Then you can sleuth the boyfriends all you want! 😉

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I can imagine they are in an undisclosed location. I wonder if they are being provided with armed security guards? I know this case is so atypical, but I'm wondering if anyone would know if that would typically be done when someone has been the target of such a horrific crime and the suspects are still on the loose.

after a couple of days, Keith couldn’t hide the fact that Sherri was missing from Tyler.

“I told him I had something important to tell him and he jumped on the couch and he knew something was up and said, ‘Dad, you can tell me anything,’” Keith said, through tears. “For a little 4-year-old to say that I wasn’t prepared for that.

“And I just said, ‘Son, mommy went running and she didn’t come home and we’re all looking for her right now,” he continued. “And we just held each other ... and I said, ‘We’re going to find her and we’re going to get her back.’”

One day, Keith said he found Tyler standing in front of Sherri’s picture.

“He was just standing there and he had his left hand on her face,” he said. “He was just staring at her ... and he just, you know, tears in his eyes with his hands on her face.”...

After learning that his wife was found alive, Keith raced to the hospital where she was taken over two hours away. He said at first he was not allowed into the hospital, but when he was, he raced to see her...

Keith said Sherri’s face was very badly beaten and that her long, blond hair had been chopped off to above her shoulders. Sherri also lost almost 15 percent of her body weight...

When Sheila saw her sister for the first time at the hospital, she said she was as battered as Keith described...

"They opened the door. She doesn't know because she had a bag over her head. They cut something to free her of her restraint that was holding her into the vehicle and then pushed her out of the vehicle,” Keith said...

Keith continued, “There was a junkyard or some kind of yard or something like that that she tried to get into and a big dog started barking and scared her...

Sherri was disoriented from 22 days in captivity and didn’t know what time or what day it was, Keith said.

“She thought it was late that night, so when the paramedics finally were talking to her, they were the first people to tell her, 'Happy Thanksgiving.' It just blew her mind and then she's like, 'Oh, it's Thanksgiving night?' And they said, ‘No, it’s Thanksgiving morning,’” Keith said...

http://www.wbal.com/article/206064/...ance-and-the-search-for-her-alleged-abductors

Lots more at link.

IMO that would be totally unfair to thousands of the victims who do not receive such protection. but no idea.

Upthread, somewhere, :dunno: there was discussion and questions as to the origin of SP being called supermom. I recalled first I heard of it was from the family on interview... here it is.

View attachment 105463

https://ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=f8QBYrb3gN4

https://apple.news/A6WKZjAmMSTyEJMI-SuMpBA

Lots of spoilers in here from KP's interview airing tonight. Hope it's not everything!

From the article:
"Next to her phone, Keith found Sherri’s headphones, which he said were tangled with strands of her blond hair."

Where did it come from that the cord was wrapped around the phone? Obviously that was not true.
I spent a lot of time thinking about that little detail, and now it turns out to be false.

So now it sounds like the phone was tossed, and not placed. Durn media.

I guess it does happen...
Was the crime in this article an inspiration?
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...randing-Woman-Bronx-NYC-Attack-361590441.html

I was thinking Sand Snakes myself. Google Image on "Sand Snakes" - they're from Game of Thrones. So I'm not being serious.
attachment.php

Attachments

• sand-snakes-brows.jpg
    sand-snakes-brows.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 375
To ease any doubt, Keith consented to taking an hours-long polygraph test.

“They asked me multiple questions. He said, ‘These things you have to pass with a 100 percent. You can’t get 99.’ To me, I was like, ‘No, problem. Let’s hurry this up and get this over with,’” recalled Keith...

Keith said he spent many sleepless nights caring for his family and searching for his wife.

“I was just worried about her health,” he said. “Are they feeding her? Is she hot? Is she cold? Just little horrible things that I would go through.”

In searching for his wife, he admits there were times of immense despair.

“There was a moment where we were heading back after we did a few mile search and we look up and we start to see birds circling,” Keith said. “And I went to my knees and I thought, ‘Am I really hiking out here to look for my wife and I don’t want to find her right now, but I do want to find her' ... that was a tough one for me that day.”

http://wsgcradio.com/sherri-papini-...nce-and-the-search-for-her-alleged-abductors/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helengably