Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO she callled herself that. I thought it might have been in relation to the race she was about to run for children, but I saw a pic somewhere of her with a large superman character, so I am wondering if she wasn't labeled by her husband or family as "supermom" prior to this event.
MOO
IIRC the first time I heard SP referred to as "supermom" was in this interview https://youtu.be/f8QBYrb3gN4 with her sister and sister in law. At the 3:13 mark is when her sister in law calls her that.

prior to the 20/20 airing, can anyone verify that any of her injuries/inflicted torture came from ANY other source other than her husband on MSM.

please don't cite the sheriff (IMO, "we are aware of the details" does not conclusively affirm her injuries)...TIA!

Indeed! If it turns out to be embellished or self inflicted, then the "suspect" would be a very sick individual - (munchausen syndrome) and still a victim in need of help at the same time.

MOO

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/munchausen-syndrome

IMO there is no way that SP self-inflicted all of those injuries. I can't imagine she'd cut her hair off either. Based on everything that we know about her, we have no reason to believe that she suffers from any psychological disorders, especially munchausen.

I've never seen a case with so many different stories. It's also hard to decipher who is contradicting themselves. Police? KP? The media? It's just all over the place.

Media, imo.

I think the media is messing up the details.

jmopinion

I'm confused.............again.:confused: I thought she was released by ONE of her captors.

Maybe, technically, only one cut her restraints and pushed her out of the car? But people often use "they" to refer to one person as well. It's pronoun issue. JMO.

Where did KP say shaved? I have only seen "chopped" as a direct quote from his first statement and some media put "shaved" in the reporter's words.

"Papini said Sherri’s captors pushed her out of a vehicle with a chain around her waist and a bag over her head on the day of her release. They left on the side of a road, badly beaten and bruised, her hair shaved off and her body branded, he said."
Here?
http://people.com/crime/sherri-papi...ught-about-her-being-there-screaming-my-name/

From the Daily Mail (I know not the most reliable) we learn Sherri was kept in a basement. Are there lots of basements in this area? tia <modsnip>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pent-shackled-starved-brutalized-captors.html

"It has now been over a week since Sherri was released by her captors, and there are still many questions that remain unanswered in the case.
Sherri is also having difficulty describing the two women who held her captive because in addition to keeping her isolated and shackled in a basement they also covered her head with a hood, making it hard for her to see anything but their eyes."

google map of where she was found please! I wonder how far away that junk yard with the dog is....and how far to I5.... she must have been running on pure adrenaline.
Of course she was. Fight / Flight / Freeze - adrenaline.

Maps are linked in this post.

Hope I don't sound too defensive but....
The Sheriff has been trying to keep where the brand is close to the vest so I think the branding discussion might be very important.
The ORIGINAL part of the article IS the branding all over, where else have you read that? Did the reporter just add that in accidentally? To me, it is a recap of the statement KP gave to GMA and GMA did not disclose all the details per the Sheriff's request, maybe??? OK I am done with that now.
:thinking:

:tyou: :daisy:

I didn't know that there was a statement that KP said branding all over! I missed that as I haven't read every single post and missed a day or two of threads.

I'll go searching for it or perhaps merely wait for tonight as I did think (apparently in error) that the reporter just added that in accidentally, just like the other day one publication stated that both had taken polys. I was trying to clarify, and thank you for clarifying that I was incorrect and not up to speed.

From the Daily Mail (I know not the most reliable) we learn Sherri was kept in a basement. Are there lots of basements in this area? tia Also, comments after the article show the majority of the public has doubts about the story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pent-shackled-starved-brutalized-captors.html

"It has now been over a week since Sherri was released by her captors, and there are still many questions that remain unanswered in the case.
Sherri is also having difficulty describing the two women who held her captive because in addition to keeping her isolated and shackled in a basement they also covered her head with a hood, making it hard for her to see anything but their eyes."

I don't know of many basements in No. Cal, and I've lived in Sac, humboldt, el dorado, SF, practically everywhere but that is just my opinion. I did search realtor listings in Redding and Sac with "basements" when I saw that detail, and there are in fact some

This case is weird as hell. People having questions is perfectly normal considering how crazy everything has been. KP should get his priorities straight. His focus should be on Sherri who has been through hell and needs his love and support. Reading comments on social media should never come into the equation. Who cares what other people think? His priority should be SP and their kids.

It is odd that he is very focused on Sherri's injuries and wants the world to know the gory details, but he doesn't seem very worked up about the fact the people who did this horrendous crime are still out there and his family, along with the community, are in danger. Maybe he will talk more about the captors in the 20/20 interview. I'm doubting he ran what he was going to say by LE first. This is all so screwy.

IMO she callled herself that. I thought it might have been in relation to the race she was about to run for children, but I saw a pic somewhere of her with a large superman character, so I am wondering if she wasn't labeled by her husband or family as "supermom" prior to this event.
MOO

In one of the interviews I saw, KP's sister said that SP was "a great mom, a 'super mom', kept kids on a set schedule. That's where I heard it first.

IMO there is no way that SP self-inflicted all of those injuries. I can't imagine she'd cut her hair off either. Based on everything that we know about her, we have no reason to believe that she suffers from any psychological disorders, especially munchausen.
I agree. We don't even know the extent of her injuries other than what her husband has said.

Has a single detail of this case gone unchanged? Everything has multiple variations.
<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member