Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or does most of what is talked about in relation to SP is 'looks" related? She is a beautiful woman, no doubt. But, beauty is not clear skin, and long locks. There are many women who bear scars and marks that have an outer beauty that matches their inner beauty. Flaws and scars are not less than, they just are. I wish the focus would shift. I hope if she is permanently scarred in some way that all who know her and love her can get beyond the focus of her physicality. The news and everyone should get some perspective here--she is alive, she can be a great mother and partner, her signature looks are not the sum total of her.

I say this from some experience. I had an accident that caused me some facial disfigurement and the need for a series of plastic surgeries. I look good now-- but not the way I did before. It was a humbling but, ultimately, a good thing. The focus on her hair and the bruises and the scabs and, and, and.... is not the way to help her heal and continue to love herself. I wish her peace and healing.

Sorry for the rant.
You Kaen, are beautiful inside and out... [emoji259] [emoji258] [emoji259] [emoji253]

Not to me. It's filled with lies and spin.

They didn't make up the quote. Seriously people. I'm trying to figure out how the Daily Mail is MSM but HuffPo is not. THat's some interesting logic there.

edit after reading the post before this Huh? Just when this case can't get any weirder. So who did HuffPo talk to? No, they don't make up quotes out of thin air but obviously some bad reporting here. Could they have talked to a different law enforcement agency? Like Yolo County?

IIRC the first time I heard SP referred to as "supermom" was in this interview https://youtu.be/f8QBYrb3gN4 with her sister and sister in law. At the 3:13 mark is when her sister in law calls her that.

Every time I watch that video I'm shocked by the difference in the demeanor of the two women.

Online Legal Dictionary
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/demeanor

"Demeanor is not merely what someone says but the manner in which it is said. Factors that contribute to an individual's demeanor include tone of voice, facial expressions, gestures, and carriage.

The term demeanor is most often applied to a witness during a trial. Demeanor evidence is quite valuable in shedding light on the credibility of a witness... "​

There are not many basements in California. I haven't ever seen one here actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen a few. I grew up in Northern cali. My cousins in Tracy had a basement. We used it as a playroom. Really cool in the hot summers.

My grandparents in Palo Alto had a basement. They used it for laundry and storage.

My friends in Susanville have a basement. They use it to store vegetables from their garden.

Have we had any comment at all from Keith's mothers partner since she has been found.
He was so defensive of Keith early on, I thought he' d be out there now with a lot more to say about the "sub humans" as Keith calls people posting online.

Is Huffington Post even considered MSM?

I don't consider it to be but I guess it is accepted here since the link is not starred out. AFAIK, HP started out as a blog and has mostly opinion/editorials on things in the news. It may have some interesting and informative stories from time to time but I would not calling it MSM. JMO.

In many of the threads on this case, including this one as recently as tonight, posters debate whether this is a real crime with real victims or a victimless hoax.

I think, just my opinion, it is a hoax with real victims.

Here is my list of victims:

1. A young father and husband who fell under--and remains under, as he parades through the media limelight--the sway of a charismatic and histrionic manipulator and showman.

2. A young mother and wife who either [a] fell under the sway of the same cult-like leader, or was the victim of a scheme to which her husband was a party, even as he himself was a victim. Either way, [a] or , she sustained horrifying physical and emotional injuries.

3. Their children.

4. Shasta Cty LE, whose investigations have been sabotaged and whose time and resources have been wasted.

5. Legitimate anti-trafficking and anti-violence-against-women organizations, who will find it harder to raise funds in the future.

6. Future real victims of real kidnappings, whose stories might be met with disbelief.

Excellent post! I believe the truth will come out one way or the other. People never cease to amaze me. With CG being praised as the hero who saved SP and he is intricately tied to the mega church in town(I won't say its name). The more they talk, the more the real truth will eventually come out. I am glad they are talking a lot.

Quote from KP from link below:
"I was just worried about her health,” he said. “Are they feeding her? Is she hot? Is she cold? Just little horrible things that I would go through"

I have come to believe this isn't a hoax and that SP and KP are victims, but I think this free-flowing sharing of his thoughts could lend credence to the idea that KP knew (or thought he knew) who took her and why- in general anyway. These specific questions he was obsessing about only make sense in a kidnapping situation where the person is being held with at least the possibility of being let go. Nothing wrong with asking yourself these things, but for him to only offer these up implies they were top of mind, well into her being still missing.

Other possible thoughts that I wonder - was he thinking these too simultaneously ? Who took her? Has she been harmed? Will we ever see her again? Is it too late? Is she dead? Is she nearby? WHERE? Why? Why WHY?

Is it just me that finds it odd the Sheriff says it is a very sick person rather than very sick people? There were two perps, right?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but normally the words a Sheriff uses are very carefully considered.

Doesn't strike me as odd. It takes a very sick person to do that.

They didn't make up the quote. Seriously people. I'm trying to figure out how the Daily Mail is MSM but HuffPo is not. THat's some interesting logic there.

edit after reading the post before this Huh? Just when this case can't get any weirder. So who did HuffPo talk to? No, they don't make up quotes out of thin air but obviously some bad reporting here. Could they have talked to a different law enforcement agency? Like Yolo County?

HuffPo has a stable of 'reporters.' Some of them are not at all credible. I have seen out and out lies posted on Huffpo.

Ok folks, what's the protocol here regarding posting during a show...do we wait for commercials, after the show, or just go for it? I'm thinking about my west coast peeps 😉😉

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

Do you think it is possible Huffpo made up the story? Never talked to a sheriff's spokesperson at all?

I know here the LE agencies each have a person that has the title of spokesperson and are the same person on all the cases coming from their prospective departments. The fact that the Huffington post gave no name to the person they are citing in their article makes me think they spoke to just to maybe someone in the parking lot.

I'm confused.............again.:confused: I thought she was released by ONE of her captors.

That's what it said in another article,

"Evidently, one of the captors had dropped her off on a rural road near Interstate 5 and an interchange," he said.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rri-papini-kidnapped-safe-emotional/94423572/

she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...p-after-finally-making-it-to-a-church-w452885

Article w/video of the location where SP was found.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/p...bc-89f5-2df4-e053-0100007f092f-403070046.html

Overhead map of location SP was released: (There's a Jehova's Witness Church w/in walking distance)
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38....bb6dd1e263!2m2!1d-121.8163218!2d38.736074!3e2

It's a no-win situation, is what it is. Consider the following viewpoints that have been expressed many times since SP got back:

- KP is speaking out, a national TV interview? How dare he! That's so wrong. So very wrong. Why is he doing that? He should be protecting his wife, protecting the case, keeping her dignity intact...

vs.

- Why doesn't this 'victimized' family speak out? We need to hear what they have to say. So, so, so many questions. Was this even real? Is this a hoax? We demand answers! They better tell us and tell us everything!

Looks like the Huffpo got caught making up "news".

Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko is disputing a Huffington Post story posted late Friday that cites an unnamed source in his department as saying a hoax is not being "ruled out" in Sherri Papini's kidnapping investigation.

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Shasta-County-Sheriff-disputes-hoax-story-404372706.html?d=mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova