Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might you even purposely leave hair tangled in your earbuds as a message to your husband?

Did she tell you she did that? If not, I think it's much more likely that some strands just ended up entangled as she removed the ear buds. The longer your hair is, the more inclined you are to "shed".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough, all I can do is try to lead people to water when I have the chance. Whether you drink it is up to you.

So are you saying that during an abduction, you think she had time to attach strands of hair to her earbuds?
I am not sure.. sorry

Her husband would know it was her phone buy sight and the app, wouldn't he?
What would a few strands of hair tell him?

Understand, you are working with more than we are , so if our thoughts seem off, well you can see why

I agree that this could be why she was taken as well. That's my second theory. All three in your first sentence combined into one.

I agree it could be some combination of all three. If it's all three, I might be a little surprised. Two of the three wouldn't surprise me at all.

I really suspect the AD is a family member or someone who knew SP/KP really well--a former employer or close friend? IMO, it had to be someone confident that their help would be accepted. Seems more likely someone who knew the family would make that kind of offer and not a random stranger with money. JMO.

I agree. Though I wouldn't rule out Bethel church as a contender.

We've had nurses come on here, and tell us that it is typical to send them home with her kind of symptoms. It does not require admission.

It's not just the physical abuse. What about the psychological trauma? Doesn't an ordeal like this require a considerable amount of observation and treatment, once the victim is rescued? She was held for 22 days, beaten, tortured, branded, who knows what else. I'm really having a hard time understanding why she was sent home so soon. Wouldn't that at least warrant a few hours with a qualified psychologist, ideally one trained for just these types of situations?

Recreation for the show. They are not going to show the actual photos in an active investigation. That would only happen if they needed the publics help with identifying something/someone

Yesterday, someone posted a link to an article with a timeline of the case. In it, the cord was described as being loosely wound around the phone.

[FONT=&quot]Sheriff Bosenko says authorities have no reason “not to believe” Sherri. But he says investigators are still looking for anyone connected to the capture — and they are still looking for a reason why. “Abductions are rare in themselves, especially adult abductions,” Bosenko says. “On top of this, being two women [who Sherri described as her captors] is even more unique, so there remains a number of concerns that we have.”[/FONT]

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-missing-2016-timeline-abduction-return/

IMO he doesn't sound "absolute" about anything with regard to this case.

"He pointed to the fact that web developers translated the SherriPapini.com website and the ransom letter into Spanish."

I did not know this. Why would they think they had to translate it into Spanish? Did they translate it into other languages such as Vietnamese or Ukrainian?

Probably the same reason they were looking into Mexico.

Ok, fair point. But there is no reason to assume she was abducted. She could be having a medical emergency nearby, for example. And as I stated, my first reaction would be, "What is in that phone that could help me find my wife." Not, "I need to preserve evidence."

But in any case, as I clearly stated, we all act differently in these stressful situations.

Well, he thought she had their 2 children with her, remember? He expected all of them to be home, then all of them to be together outside the house. They weren't, and no clues (kids' art projects out, note on the table, etc.) where they might have gone.

He drove her car, the one with the car seats, down to the mailbox (so, she couldn't have driven with them anywhere). No wife, no kids. THEN her phone on the ground.

My first response would have been sheer panic that something had happened to ALL of them. I think his immediate concern was perfectly understandable.

Due to the ongoing nature of the investigation I can not answer that question directly.
Did she tell you she did that? If not, I think it's much more likely that some strands just ended up entangled as she removed the ear buds. The longer your hair is, the more inclined you are to "shed".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not just the physical abuse. What about the psychological trauma? Doesn't an ordeal like this require a considerable amount of observation and treatment, once the victim is rescued? She was held for 22 days, beaten, tortured, branded, who knows what else. I'm really having a hard time understanding why she was sent home so soon. Wouldn't that at least warrant a few hours with a qualified psychologist, ideally one trained for just these types of situations?

We don't know where she went after the initial hospital release. I wouldn't be surprised if she had to get detoxed off drugs as well. They may have sent her to another hospital type setting.

He did call her phone, although I'm not sure if it was from the land line. It was confirmed by ABC's Matt Gutman in some sort of social media as I recall.

It was also reported in an article shortly after Sherri disappeared that Keith had tried calling and texting Sherri's phone.

We don't know where she went after the initial hospital release. I wouldn't be surprised if she had to get detoxed off drugs as well. They may have sent her to another hospital type setting.

She was treated and released...even the Sheriff said her injuries did not require more.

The name may turn you away but the statistics are real. And people taking this as a joke is one of the reasons victims are afraid to speak up. I hate to break the news, but not all prostitutes chose to be in that profession. Many of them are disgusted that they were forced, and tortured into it. Several are so drugged up to numb the pain, they can't even remember what life was like before it. JMO.

What statistic are real in that article, and what is the source of the statistics?

None of us have any idea what kind of treatment she received and from whom, and imo, it's none of our business.

She couldn't have been kept in the hospital if she didn't want to stay, and perhaps what she wanted most was to be somewhere safe with only close family nearby. Sure am not going to second guess what choices she or family or medical personnel made that day.

It was also reported in an article shortly after Sherri disappeared that Keith had tried calling and texting Sherri's phone.

Shortly after she disappeared or after if came home?

She was treated and released...even the Sheriff said her injuries did not require more.

They did not say she went HOME after her release. They also did not say she didn't receive further treatment after her release. This is all just speculation. We don't know what kind of treatment she had or hasn't had after leaving the hospital. They aren't obligated to tell us.

So, your dispute is with the hospital? Or what?

Shortly after she disappeared or after if came home?

Disappeared. I remember tracking it down early on because I was curious myself. ;) I wish I could remember which article, but there are so many that I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member