Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like they didn't give a fake description of a possible POI either.
I have no reason to believe the Sheriff is lying to the public. It serves no purpose to lie when he can just refuse to answer any question he wants, as he did with other questions. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

That Lake16 doesn't know because LE hasn't gotten all tox results back yet.

It doesn't change my opinion. If she'd been seen at the ER strung out or suffering w/d symptoms they would have admitted her.

I don't see her being severely addicted to anything she'd been given (if she was drugged) for only 22 days that would require hospitalization to detox.

Some more information about branding in sex trafficking. In the video it shows some examples and says that symbols like crowns and bag of money are often used. The brand is usually a tattoo that the girls are persuaded to have - they are not normally held down and painfully branded by force like cattle.

What was done to SP sounds more like torture than sex trafficking branding. Jmo.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2015/08/31/us/sex-trafficking-branding/index.html

Thanks for the info. I thought it was done against their will.

Are you suggesting that LE thinks this is an isolated incident?
?? That quote was from a different case, not in that area or even in CA. That quote included the whole verbiage said by that particular police chief.

Good example. Trust is extremely important in the relationship between LE and the general public. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I doubt LE makes a habit of lying to the public (especially in high profile cases with more scrutiny about their performance).

I'm with ya. Nuancing their responses, yes. but outright lying, I don't buy it.

One more thing. The key to this case is Sherri Papini. We can argue over what she remembers or what she forgot. But she is the key to this.

Do you all think the lack of urgency by LE to locate these two Hispanic women is partly because they think SP is not being entirely truthful on their descriptions/who they are in fear for her life? This would mean she was released on condition of not revealing to LE who her abductors were.

I'm with ya. Nuancing their responses, yes. but outright lying, I don't buy it.

I find it easier to believe that Sherri may have lied to LE about her abductors. BUT she very well could be telling the truth.

Are you suggesting that LE thinks this is an isolated incident?

The Sheriff apparently called it an isolated incident
"Before taking questions from reporters from across Northern California and Oregon, Bosenko cautioned there is sensitive information in the case that has not been disclosed at this time.

So far, the investigation points to what happened to Papini being an isolated incident, he said. She was out for an early morning jog on Nov. 2 and was abducted from the area where Keith Papini later found her cell phone and earbuds — about a mile from their home at Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive, he said."

http://archive.redding.com/news/loc...-sheriffs-office-says-402896116.html?d=mobile

Do you all think the lack of urgency by LE to locate these two Hispanic women is partly because they think SP is not being entirely truthful on their descriptions/who they are in fear for her life? This would mean she was released on condition of not revealing to LE who her abductors were.

Very possible. However if she is lying I don't blame her at all. She's been put through hell and may be afraid for not only her own life, but her children's. Who knows what kind of threats and lies they may have spewed at her?

Just hoping the DNA evidence will bring them to justice.

An example of how LE handles something they don't want to make public:

Actual verbatim quote from a case, "We have not named anyone a POI or suspect in this case. We continue to follow all leads and at this time have no evidence to indicate this is anything but an isolated incident."

Hidden meaning: note the word "named." In this case LE did have their suspect (a husband who killed his wife but was not arrested for a few more months), but they weren't "naming" him publicly. It wasn't until he was arrested that there was a followup press conference.

AFAIK, they can withhold specific information from the public, but they can lie to a POI or a perp. The wording on press conferences or follow-up is very telltale.

If SP was taken for sex trafficking, I can't figure out why sheriff Bosenko would state that he thinks this is an isolated incident. This case is so confusing and conflicting. I just hope the perps are caught soon so that Sherri doesn't have to live in fear of them any more.

The link does not go to an article. Where did "branding all over her body" come from, I wonder?

Poor writing. KP and LE stated multiple bruises and burns IIRC and she also was branded

Because they may have NO description. No eyebrows, no hair color. Nothing. I think a Latino male would go over a lot worse when you don't have anything else. That's ridiculous.

She was blindfolded. What if there were fifty men in and out of that basement?

She was blindfolded. What if there were fifty men in and out of that basement?

Hiya, cc. I read where Lake16 wrote that SP was blindfolded. That is not the same as having a bag over one's head is it? Was there a blindfold and a bag over her head?

In and out of that basement? May I request a link for this is new to me that SP was held in a basement. TIA

One more thing. The key to this case is Sherri Papini. We can argue over what she remembers or what she forgot. But she is the key to this.

ITA. Only she can tell LE the key things that will lead to the arrests of the perps. I'm not sure if we have heard about any highway surveillance or CCTV from the homes in Yolo or dashcams.

Hiya, cc. I read where Lake16 wrote that SP was blindfolded. That is not the same as having a bag over one's head is it? Was there a blindfold and a bag over her head?

In and out of that basement? May I request a link for this is new to me that SP was held in a basement. TIA

One Daily mail article first said she was held in a basement but personally I think it was just another example of their shoddy reporting.
I don't believe that the DM had access to information that was not available to other news outlets, allowing them to know SP was held in a basement. I think the person who wrote the DM article just assumed it was a basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff