Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby said that he could feel the scabs growing under his fingers when he touched her. Was he talking about scabs from being branded or something else?

I don't understand the chain around her waist at all in a car...child proof locks are standard I'm most cars since the Edsel. I guess if they really had it all thought out and had her waist chained to something under a seat...but that would be awkward. Hog tying seems eaier...not that I'd know...jmo

It makes sense to me. The one person in the car was driving. They didn't want SP to jump out until they were ready for her to do it. They also didn't want to have to get out of the vehicle and come around to let her out because that could have exposed them to passing motorists.

So let's envision SP being in the right rear. She has one arm/hand tied to the waist chain. Let's say it's the left. The other limb, the right one, is chained to something heavy/stationary inside the vehicle - like underneath a seat.

When the perp is at the drop-off point, they possibly point a gun at SP and tell her to put her right hand on the door handle and keep it there. They then cut the chain from the seat with a bolt cutter and order her out.

At that point she is of no risk to the perp's personal safety. Her left arm is secured to the waist chain, so she can't lunge forward to the front to try to grab hair or rake nails across skin to get DNA. Keep in mind she also still has the bag over her head.

Her only move is to open the right rear door with her right hand and jump out. As soon as her feet hit the ground, the perp hits the gas hard and the movement forward causes the door to shut.

That is pretty much how I would do it if I were solely in charge of letting her go but wanted to protect myself in the process.

Good critical thinking. Several members on the thread now live in CA or have resided there before. I spent a nice long vacation in Napa Valley after flying into Sacramento International. S is like so many other large cities in America where we find blight, barren and crime-ridden demolished areas. Napa, otoh, is totally an escape from the hustle and bustle although I have not returned since the devastating wildfires.

Could the Hispanic captors have been field workers or grape smashers for one of the many vineyards? We really need to narrow down this basement thingy. I read last night, in one of the multiple online news articles, that someone posted a link to, that SP was held in a basement; however, it was not in quotes.

Do the homes in and around Napa have basements? I would say, "O, heck, yeah! Duh." Wine is stored in basements in Napa Valley and, of course, other grape growing areas in CA, too. The best asparagus I've ever eaten was grown fresh in this area.

What
if she were being held in a tornado shelter or a bomb shelter; or even a survival bunker?

Because of HIPAA law, ER staff is not permitted to give out that info over the phone to anybody except LE. And even then, it requires a process of verification (even if the ER staff personally knows the LEO on the other end of the phone).

It may be a rule at some hospitals, but it is not a rule under HIPPA - unless the patient specifically requests their name not be given to anyone who inquires.

I was thinking that also about the branding. I had a boyfriend who was in a fraternity and they got branded

Hubby said that he could feel the scabs growing under his fingers when he touched her. Was he talking about scabs from being branded or something else?

Sure. There has been speculation that during the 20/20 interview the interviewer gestured possibly indicating where the brand was and I believe that is the left forearm. The brand is possibly significant in this case for a number of reasons not the least of which is who is the message meant for.

Now we all do something that we never pay attention to or have to think about. Whenever we are doing something with our hands we are almost always using our dominant hand and if we are ever actually looking at what we are doing that is also the hand/arm that we will be looking at. It will also be the hand/arm others will see while we are doing something in front of them.

So, if you want to have someone actually be able to receive this message (read it) you would put it where it most likely would be seen - especially if the message is meant for the victim. Left-handers are uncommon, so why the left arm?

Was the placement of the brand arbitrary? You get one shot at putting it exactly where you want it.

I am also keyed into what KP said about the left arm being the one chained to something in the car and the other to her waist. In order to hook up the left hand, for example, if done from the passenger side of the vehicle it would require one of the perpetrators to reach across someone (that might just decide to fight for their life) in order to do it. Otherwise that would have to be done from the driver's side. So, why chain the left hand to the inside of the vehicle? Why not the right?

Now, it would only be significant to me if every time Sherri was moved in a car it was always the left hand that was chained to the inside of the vehicle.

By the way, all of this is moot if she is not left-handed and the brand is not on the left arm.

I'm assuming it's because she sat behind the driver so the passenger in the front seat could turn and watch her. Then again Sherri might not have been alone in the back seat. I pictured her chained to the door. Maybe door handle?

Maybe all of the above. She had burns as well.

Why hasn't the 911 call been made public yet from the truck driver?? We've heard the call between dispatch and CHP, but what about the initial call made? And I'm beginning to doubt the Sutton woman's account, unless her 911 call is released. She could've inserted herself for attention, that happens, even on a smaller level like a comment on the Help Find SP Facebook page.

I'm truly surprised the truck driver hasn't come forward, unless he's from an area not around here and not aware of the media about SP. Some folks don't keep up with current events in the news and don't use social media. He could've been passing through and not from around here at all. If he is aware, LE could've told him not to speak to media or he could be arrested for hindering an investigation.

I don't believe that the witness inserted herself for attention. I don't think it is debatable that she was in the area and made the call. That was confirmed by the Sheriff. Though some of her version of the events, is very difficult to believe.

Because of HIPAA law, ER staff is not permitted to give out that info over the phone to anybody except LE. And even then, it requires a process of verification (even if the ER staff personally knows the LEO on the other end of the phone).

Do you know if LE made any calls to hospitals that first night or the next day?

Hi DeeDee,

My previous career was in the wine industry. I lived and worked in SF, Napa, Sonoma for quite some time. I have never been in a home in Northern California that has a basement. This is due to the constant earth movement that occurs in the region. Although you do find wine caves these very rarely have any structure build atop them. There are exceptions - such as Opus winery...but this is an exception. These caves are dug and shot-crete is blown to create the walls. Not only does this material breath but it also can give and take with the earth's movements.
Regarding the vineyard workers. They are seasonal workers that don't live in the U.S and have a culture all their own. Generations of men and women have worked in our fields. And they are proud of their work and extremely accomplished. Very few live in this country. They earn money and wire it home weekly. Often their families will live the remainder of the year on the proceeds of one season's work. I spent many seasons worked with them ,side by side, in the fields. They won my admiration, my respect and taught me how to take pride in my work - no matter how menial.
These are not the type of people that are involved in gangs or sex trafficking. They might get drunk and get in a little bit of trouble...but that's it. They would have to know people in the US, have a car, have a cell phone..and often they don;t have these things.
Got a little carried away...sorry such a long post. Very nostalgic:)

Great post! No need to apologize.

Thank you. :)

What
if she were being held in a tornado shelter or a bomb shelter; or even a survival bunker?

That is a good thought. You don't find Tornado shelters in Northern Cal..I lived there for several years. However, in the Redding area there used to be a lot of preppers. So the survival bunker is a possibility.

I am also keyed into what KP said about the left arm being the one chained to something in the car and the other to her waist.

KP wasn't exactly sure which arm was tied to the waist. His wording is kind of confusing as well. What he said verbatim was, "She was bound. She had a chain around her waist. She has a bag over her head. I can't remember if it's her right or her left arm, was chained to the chain and her left hand was in the vehicle chained to something."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something tells me that a person who abducts a woman and beats her for three weeks isn't going to be the kind of person who "has guests over for Thanksgiving."

More than likely he or she ate a Hungry Man microwave dinner in solitude, followed by a 12-pack of beer and passing out on the couch. But that's just me.

I disagree 100%. Many serial killers, rapists and other criminals, have been known to carry on very normal social lives, between crimes.

I'm assuming it's because she sat behind the driver so the passenger in the front seat could turn and watch her. Then again Sherri might not have been alone in the back seat. I pictured her chained to the door. Maybe door handle?
It would help to know what transpired at the point of abduction. If the driver stayed in the vehicle, for example, there could be some risk in putting an unrestrained victim (at the point of entry to the vehicle) right behind the driver.

One way I look at this is that if you were only going to chain one arm of the victim to the inside of the vehicle and you wanted to maximally hinder the victim in what they could do then I would think you would chain their dominant hand.

But like I said, this all could be moot. I don't want to get to far off on this as it could very well mean nothing.

I disagree 100%. Many serial killers, rapists and other criminals, have been known to carry on very normal social lives, between crimes.

I realize that, but I think the type of person you're talking about isn't the type of person who would have ever let her go and would have made sure no one else did, either. JMHO

KP wasn't exactly sure which arm was tied to the waist. His wording is kind of confusing as well. What he said verbatim was, "She was bound. She had a chain around her waist. She has a bag over her head. I can't remember if it's her right or her left arm, was chained to the chain and her left hand was in the vehicle chained to something."

"She was bound. She had a chain around her waist. She has a bag over her head.I can't remember if it's her right or her left arm, was chained to the chain and her left hand was in the vehicle chained to something."

That is what I keyed on.

This is the house that drew my attention. This is probably nothing but as I have been trying to look around for possible sites that SP could have been kept at I thought I would post it. I think it may have a basement if you zoom right close but am not sure. It looks abandoned but it's hard to say for sure

Google Streetview Link

The houses location in relation to where SP was dropped off, SS from the Case Map

attachment.php

The house sure looks like the type of house we would expect. Kinda creepy looking.

Some of the fencing looks newer and I found it interesting that when you zoom in near the front gate there are what looks like clamps holding the fencing to the posts.

The whole clamp thing is interesting as they can probably be found in lots of places like the fence holder clamps.

I wonder how far SP was driven when she was first "taken"? Was it only a few minutes? How about later; was she ever driven anywhere during the 22 days? Was she driven far on that last day she was released?

Has SP ever said anything about car trips?

After she was kidnapped, she was driven for about two and a half hours, which could have put the destination close to where she was recovered. I don't think the answers to the rest of the questions are publically known.

Curious, are you aware of such reviews? Yes, I could see this happening. I've stated previously that it could've been as simply as posting on a local crime FB page and someone reading it and targeting her or KP. They live in a high crime area and I personally would likely be outspoken publicly against perps and the crimes they commit. I've seen many people do such on the Redding Crime 2.0 page. It would be horrible to think that something like that or a review could make you a target to such a horrendous crime. JMO

But did you see my theory that it was somebody who wanted revenge after their business was ruined by a bad online review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo