Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why hasn't the 911 call been made public yet from the truck driver?? We've heard the call between dispatch and CHP, but what about the initial call made? And I'm beginning to doubt the Sutton woman's account, unless her 911 call is released. She could've inserted herself for attention, that happens, even on a smaller level like a comment on the Help Find SP Facebook page.

I'm truly surprised the truck driver hasn't come forward, unless he's from an area not around here and not aware of the media about SP. Some folks don't keep up with current events in the news and don't use social media. He could've been passing through and not from around here at all. If he is aware, LE could've told him not to speak to media or he could be arrested for hindering an investigation.

I think it has been smart to keep his name out of public eye. His company may frown upon his actions. (Believe it or not). He would be under public scrutiny, and frankly may be witness to things LE doesn't want to be public knowledge.

So are you telling us what happened, Lake? And are you basing that on police evidence you have seen, or a conversation with the victim? I know you can't answer, but I'm still asking, that's what investigators do....

I've not seen any police evidence for the record...

I've searched and searched for this but can't find it. Does anyone know who administered KP's polygraph? tia!!!

I can tell you that the poly test was on Nov 9, if that helps.

I will pass that along at the appropriate time in the appropriate way. And you are right about KP, I have nothing but respect for him. He probably lost almost as much weight as SP during her captivity and worked so hard trying to find Sherri, working with LE, and trying to get more publicity for his missing wife. I know there were dark times for him when the reality that SP may not be alive got through the mental barrier he had erected but he managed to push it aside and stay positive for the sake of his children and family. Fortunately he has a very supportive family also. Your comment about their world turned upside down is very insightful, none of them would of wished this ordeal, publicity and hurtful rumors on their worst enemy. The Papini's and extended family are good, law abiding people that don't owe money to drug dealers or loan sharks. And no doubt all of those angles were checked out by LE. The family came together as a team and each person did what they could in an attempt to assist in SP's safe return. And they were incredibly lucky it came to pass, no doubt about it.

It sounds
like they had a very supportive community, which is so important. Can you tell us what kind of activities KP and the community undertook in their efforts to find SP?

The "risk" is getting pulled over, correct? That is the risk you were talking about in your original post.

You get pulled over when you commit a traffic violation. That is no more likely to happen if I'm driving around in a radius than if I'm driving in a straight line.

So it's related to my observing the traffic laws, not the route I'm driving. Do you see what I mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I've got a human being held hostage in the back of my vehicle, I'm going to have my cruise control set a couple miles above the speed limit and I'm going to be driving on point, on the loneliest highway route that I've pre-mapped out, straight to my destination. The destination will be close to the location, where I plan on either releasing the hostage, (less driving), or, hiding the body. Not that I would ever kidnap someone to do any of those things... j.s.

So she was a casa volunteer and not just a supporter then. I've thought all along this was more of an angry, personal abduction as opposed to an impersonal money making venture due to her injuries.

What better way for an angry parent/guardian to get revenge?

But wouldn't that be investigated already?

I corrected my original post because I could not find out if she was or was not a volunteer with CASA.

Thank you Lake. Another question, is KP not close to his biological father?

I do. I presented the theory weeks ago. It's entirely possible this was all done just for fun, by somebody who usually kills their victims. Why not?

Not a very popular theory, it seems.

Another viable theory I've already mentioned is that there was a 'hidden' ransom and Sherri was taken to put pressure on somebody who cares about her.
For example, loan sharks may have been demanding repayment of a loan, and said they will keep torturing her until the loan is repaid.
Or drug dealers may have been demanding some drugs be returned to them.

I really think when and if this thing gets solved it's going to be something not being discussed here.

That idea is how I arrived at a few of my branding suggestions - pay up, or 300k, etc., something like that as the message.

It sounds
like they had a very supportive community, which is so important. Can you tell us what kind of activities KP and the community undertook in their efforts to find SP?

After the LE search was called off hundreds of volunteers searched the area for several days after. I know of 4 drone aircraft that were operating trying to locate any clues. Several private helicopters assisted in the search. People kept an eye on homes that came up suspicious based upon their occupants or the direct questioning as every home in the area was visited. KP went back and spoke to every occupant in the area personally to see if he was comfortable with their answers. Billboard signs were donated for use, thousands of missing posters were donated and posted throughout the country, including many magnetic ones for bigs rigs. Hundreds of tips were called in and thousands of comments and prayers were posted on social media. I think every church in the area dedicated masses to her safe return and as we know nearly $48k was raised through from generous local AND national/international donors. After SP's release 500 people showed up dressed in pink for a giant Christmas card photo for SP as that is her favorite color. And the road leading to her home was decorated with large yellow ribbons. And I'm sure I forgot many other things that were done and am unaware of many others. I'm extremely proud of the way the community supported, and continues to support that family.

Do we know if the hose clamps were used to restrain her during most of her time in captivity, or were they just used when she was inside the vehicle? I can't remember if that was discussed.

Still, to "create" a hose clamp/chain rig denotes someone putting forethought into this, albeit kinda unnecessary forethought. I'd love to see a pic of them, out of curiousity. If you don't care about beating someone up, not feeding them properly, keeping them captive for weeks, then you obviously don't care about their comfort. So, some single or double zip ties and/or duct tape is all you really need, and just hog tie them. Even a dog chain and and a padlock is simpler than making a hose clamp and chain get-up, I'd think. I have the tools/parts here to probably make something similar and I'd rather just do the zip ties or the dog chain (If I were going to kidnap someone, which I am not.)

I think he is very close to his biological father. And so that my posts don't get taken out of context, I want to state again that he is a very good and decent man, and can be the life of the party. He's quite entertaining.
Thank you Lake. Another question, is KP not close to his biological father?

After the LE search was called off hundreds of volunteers searched the area for several days after. I know of 4 drone aircraft that were operating trying to locate any clues. Several private helicopters assisted in the search. People kept an eye on homes that came up suspicious based upon their occupants or the direct questioning as every home in the area was visited. KP went back and spoke to every occupant in the area personally to see if he was comfortable with their answers. Billboard signs were donated for use, thousands of missing posters were donated and posted throughout the country, including many magnetic ones for bigs rigs. Hundreds of tips were called in and thousands of comments and prayers were posted on social media. I think every church in the area dedicated masses to her safe return and as we know nearly $48k was raised through from generous local AND national/international donors. After SP's release 500 people showed up dressed in pink for a giant Christmas card photo for SP as that is her favorite color. And the road leading to her home was decorated with large yellow ribbons. And I'm sure I forgot many other things that were done and am unaware of many others. I'm extremely proud of the way the community supported, and continues to support that family.
Any idea why the search was called off by LE???

Turkey Trots are pretty popular here in the South. They often benefit charities, are a family event with smaller races for the kiddos, and a really good excuse for overindulging later in the day. :happydance:
Sounds awesome!! :happydance: Thanks for the info, soanyway, much appreciated!

IMO, much of it stems from people trying to make SENSE of a SENSELESS tragedy. Some refuse to accept that these evil people walk among us or just the opposite, they presume everyone guilty until proven innocent. SM allows trolls to hurl accusations at complete strangers without any basis of truth. These are real people, not images on a screen or names on a post. Real people, someone's mother, sister, daughter, father, son, brother. My heart hurts for anyone that has to live through the torment of a missing loved one. They are the ones in most need of compassion, understanding, and support. It costs us absolutely nothing, but can be so costly to the victims when just the opposite is given instead.

I will pass that along at the appropriate time in the appropriate way. And you are right about KP, I have nothing but respect for him. He probably lost almost as much weight as SP during her captivity and worked so hard trying to find Sherri, working with LE, and trying to get more publicity for his missing wife. I know there were dark times for him when the reality that SP may not be alive got through the mental barrier he had erected but he managed to push it aside and stay positive for the sake of his children and family. Fortunately he has a very supportive family also. Your comment about their world turned upside down is very insightful, none of them would of wished this ordeal, publicity and hurtful rumors on their worst enemy. The Papini's and extended family are good, law abiding people that don't owe money to drug dealers or loan sharks. And no doubt all of those angles were checked out by LE. The family came together as a team and each person did what they could in an attempt to assist in SP's safe return. And they were incredibly lucky it came to pass, no doubt about it.

Where it fits in is that she WAS released. She wasn't killed. It took some measure of humanity to do that.

Or, it took some measure of fear: of getting caught, not wanting to kill anyone (or her, specifically), wanting to get out of this situation after 3 weeks, worried someone in their real life might be on to them or become aware. If someone is going to be heinous enough to abduct another person, then they are acting in their own self-interest and letting the abductee go is probably just another side of their self-interest. IMO.

I think it has been smart to keep his name out of public eye. His company may frown upon his actions. (Believe it or not). He would be under public scrutiny, and frankly may be witness to things LE doesn't want to be public knowledge.

Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members