Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone advise if they have come across a connection with a produce business in the area? If family is/was involved in a large business, could a grudge end up in a scheme against a family member? If no one else has seen it while sleuthing, I don't want to put it out there if it has no relation no this case.

Picking up where I left off and see a major typo in my post. Being a CASA volunteers IS a difficult position. I would never want to imply that the work they do is trivial, they are a huge asset to the program!

That was hard to watch, Gardener. It breaks my heart to see children rescued from a bad situation only to be thrown into another (possibly worse situation) and not getting the love, nurturing, and protection they need. My hat goes off to these volunteers, it is not a difficult position and one that requires enormous self restraint. My thoughts with SP were involvement prior to her marriage with KP and possibly have developed a friendship that continued or a child that she may have advocated for and the family somehow held her responsible for the outcome. As for the branding, if she had advocated for an abused child (or one that was even trafficked by a parent/relative), it would give the motive and the connection to the type of torture she received.

Jumping off your information, this isnt the first time there has been a call like that at the same address.
Early October as well.

I wonder if she lets her four year old play with her phone. Could've accidentally called 911. My niece has done it with my sisters cell phone more than once.

I had a major stemi heart attack at Walmart and was rushed by 911 to the hospital on a Saturday and out early Monday morning, they wont let anyone stay for long these days but in Sp's case I would have thought they would have kept her at least 24 or 48 hours for observation and recovery. I can't help but think these injuries were only slight to be released on the same day, gosh what about the mental part of this? You would think she would have received some in patient therapy before just releasing so fast. This is the new medicine, I remember when the doctor would put you in for 3 days R and R just for anxiety, those were the good ole days LOL
This isn't what the hospital is for. A heart attack is life threatening. Multiple assaults aren't, necessarily. I'm sure she left with many referrals for follow up.

This isn't what the hospital is for. A heart attack is life threatening. Multiple assaults aren't, necessarily. I'm sure she left with many referrals for follow up.

Her sister had mentioned SP having a doctor appointment a couple days after her release.

We haven't heard/seen a statement from Sherri herself beyond her phone call to the mayor, and it appears LE has gotten very little from her (hopefully, that appearance doesn't reflect reality).

While Sherri is a victim, she's also a survivor. I hope she possesses the strength that we've seen in a lot of other victims and can help bring her abusers to justice.

These aspects of the case continue to nag at me.

-KP immediately taking pictures of SP's phone to make a clear message for LE that SP isn't at the store or hiding under the bed ..........yet, KP having no idea that he, the spouse, would be a default suspect when his wife disappears near their home (KP's 20/20 account),

-KP going behind LE early on to make sure he's 'comfortable' with what neighbors told LE (WS VI account),

- CG, who is very concerning to me for a few reasons, publicly working around and challenging LE (and, IMO, possibly attempting to create fear in order to sell his service),

- KP seemingly ultra concerned about internet doubters, to the point of publicly revealing case-sensitive information in order to chastise and convince strangers that his wife was really brutally victimized (KP GMA account),

- KP and his 'A-Team' now working a 'shadow' operation from a 'war room' in attempt to 'find' who did this (ABC Gutman account)........because LE was too focused on other suspects early on to properly investigate leads/tips and put surveillance on people (WS VI account).

IIRC, the Sheriff never made statements about suspects before SP's release, beyond confirming the standard LE efforts to clear the spouse while running down hundreds of tips/leads.

The points I've noted above lead me to believe that LE has some extra challenges to navigate in order to identify, arrest, and prosecute whomever is responsible for victimizing SP. I very much hope LE succeeds; really don't want the responsible party(s) getting away with this.

Anyway, I'm so glad SP was released and had no life-threatening injuries associated with the beating, branding and burning. (I'm personally not as concerned about hair-length trauma, though I think the hair-cutting could be a clue as to motive/perps.)

Good post.

Some of those same things have nagged at me too. Most of those you've attributed to KP I've been able to justify to my satisfaction. KP having the presence of mind to photograph her phone still bothers me some. I DO believe that by the time he decided to search for her phone (guided by the app) he knew something was very wrong. If it were me, my first instinct would have been to grab the phone and frantically look at the text/call history. HOWEVER, I am not employed in any IT capacity so I can believe that KP may have had the presence of mind to realize how important it would be to document the exact condition/location of her phone. I'm more the emotional, impulsive type who wouldn't have thought so carefully so I try to give him the benefit of the doubt.

KP addressing all the internet rumors doesn't bother me in the least anymore. His wife was missing for 22 days. He and their young children were suffering greatly. When she's released, he sees her to discover she had been tortured, beaten, branded and lost 13 lbs. As if that wasn't bad enough, they're still being crucified by a bunch of strangers on the internet. Frankly, I would have done exactly the same thing he did. I would have done everything in my power to stop the insanity and defend my family.

As far as LE - If it were my spouse missing, I'm not sure I would ever feel they were doing "enough". No matter how hard they were working. Is anything ever really "enough" if it's you and your loved one is still missing? If it were me and I KNEW I was innocent and felt precious time was being wasted, I'm sure frustration would build quickly. I would try to maintain faith but I imagine at some point I would do whatever I felt needed to be done to find my loved one. It's desperation and I can understand that.

Reportedly, Sherri was seen by a neighbor around 9am Nov.2 near the mailboxes, and was thought to be using her phone.....not necessarily making a call or receiving one, though. I keep thinking that it was around that time that she disappeared, but if her phone was left there, who texted KP at 10:30 about coming home for lunch? SP must have taken a second jog to the mailboxes, I guess. KP DID say that the cell reception is bad at their house and that they have to go out to the road to get a signal...maybe that accounts for the 10:30 text. QUESTION: If there is poor to no reception at the house, will a cell phone still ring??? KP said sometime after 3:30am, he was shaving when his phone rang.... did not recognize the number calling, and then shortly thereafter, received the call from SP on the house landline. How does this figure? JMO

Good post.

KP addressing all the internet rumors doesn't bother me in the least anymore. His wife was missing for 22 days. He and their young children were suffering greatly. When she's released, he sees her to discover she had been tortured, beaten, branded and lost 13 lbs. As if that wasn't bad enough, they're still being crucified by a bunch of strangers on the internet. Frankly, I would have done exactly the same thing he did. I would have done everything in my power to stop the insanity and defend my family.

In all honesty, I wouldn't even be going on the internet and searching out message forums about my own family's case. But that's me.

Can anyone confirm where sherri worked?
Her sister during her press conference said she was unable to comment on that question. Just wondering why such a secret about where she was employed?

That is just the darnedest thing, isn't it? Apparently, Sherri had worked for AT&T, although not sure of the exact dates. Then she seemed to be a SAHM at the time of her disappearance. I think saying "Sherri is a stay-at-home/full-time mom" would be perfectly adequate and true. Wording it the way her sister did was confusing and has led to (IMO, unnecessary) wild speculation.

It makes me wonder if she left the AT&T job in less than ideal circumstances.

And it also makes me wonder if Sherri would have been annoyed at being labeled "just a housewife". Some women identify very strongly with their work and wouldn't want to be reduced to "a mom of two" when they may have worked very hard to achieve a position/career. (Which I completely understand).

BBM. I was not aware of the sheriff's statement regarding previous calls to the home, Hoosier. Just looked it up.

Sherri Papini doesn’t have any known physical or mental health conditions that could explain why she went missing, Bosenko said.

Deputies also have no history of calls for major incidents to the Papini home, Bosenko said.

Source: http://archive.redding.com/news/loc...sing-from-area-west-of-Redding-399779021.html

If there were calls to the house which were not considered major at the time, I'd be very curious as to their nature and potential relevance to Sherri's disappearance.

If there were never any calls, I would think it would be easier to say "we've never been called to the house before". Of course, with everything else being as clear as mud, maybe there have never been any calls at all. I just thought the wording was off and implied there have been calls made. Unfortunately, I could not find a way to search through the call logs without going day by day, and I'm just not that dedicated.

Reportedly, Sherri was seen by a neighbor around 9am Nov.2 near the mailboxes, and was thought to be using her phone.....not necessarily making a call or receiving one, though. I keep thinking that it was around that time that she disappeared, but if her phone was left there, who texted KP at 10:30 about coming home for lunch? SP must have taken a second jog to the mailboxes, I guess. KP DID say that the cell reception is bad at their house and that they have to go out to the road to get a signal...maybe that accounts for the 10:30 text. QUESTION: If there is poor to no reception at the house, will a cell phone still ring??? KP said sometime after 3:30am, he was shaving when his phone rang.... did not recognize the number calling, and then shortly thereafter, received the call from SP on the house landline. How does this figure? JMO

My answer is: it depends. We have poor reception at home and when placed in strategic spots around the house, my phone will ring, but the chances of being able to actually carry a conversation are slim to none, even if I don't move the phone. It either disconnects or is choppy. Other times, even in those strategic spots and everywhere else in the house, it goes straight to voicemail. I guess it depends on just how terrible the reception is. I know my dad can make crystal clear calls in the front of his house, but the rear of the house is a dead zone. It's not a big house and there is no in between. It's all or nothing.

In all honesty, I wouldn't even be going on the internet and searching out message forums about my own family's case. But that's me.

Did 20/20 show a tipline # after that show? I did not see the show so I don't know. I hope so, because the most important issue at that point, was to FIND the perpetrators. JMO

I'm wondering if what Sherri is wanting by this point is everyone to go away and leave her and her family alone. And by 'alone' I'm thinking she probably wants the police and FBI to do their jobs and unless there's a tip to be called in, just a feeling of "move on everyone...show's over" sentiment.

She's a private person, her family is private, and there's something that feels terribly unseemly about her case being picked at and picked at, when a good portion of the picking at is for entertainment value.

I've been thinking about the multiple sightings of SP jogging and may have an explanation. Somewhere in these threads I seem to recall reading that the race she was training for was 6 miles. KP had mentioned she would jog to the mailboxes and back because it was a known distance- approx. 1 mile from their house. If SP was training for the race and ONLY jogging back and forth between the mailboxes maybe she made multiple trips to add up to 6 miles? Maybe she was pacing herself to only doing 2 mile segments at a time and resting then doing 2 more miles later. Maybe she was out jogging at 9 AM when the neighbor saw her, she returned home from that jog, took a break, started to wrap a gift but got distracted and didn't finish it, texted KP about lunch, and was out jogging again around 11 AM when she was again spotted. I have always felt the 2 PM sighting was not her and it seems LE was least certain of that witness but with this theory of making 3 trips to the mailbox and back it's even possible the 2 PM sighting was her on her last run and that was the trip she was abducted on. Even if she only made 2 spaced out trips to the mailbox, though, it would give opportunity for someone to grab her--either random perps who saw her jogging at 9 AM and when they saw her again at 11 AM took the opportunity OR perps who knew her routine of making multiple jogs to the mailboxes and back throughout the day. This is all just my theory. I know it's nothing for a seasoned jogger to jog 6 miles in one stint but someone who is not used to jogging that far might build up to it this way--especially since she was at home and she could jog in between other home tasks. Maybe Lake16 could answer if SP was in the habit of making multiple jogs between the mailboxes?

Good eyes, Gardener! Are you referring to the call at 11:29? From what I can tell that would be less than 3 miles from SP's home traveling Union School Rd. and returning to stop at the mailboxes? There was also made in almost the same location at 11:30 (may have actually been received before the 11:29 based on the case #). But both from the same location and from the same number, cleared at the same time. There were 6 mile and 2 mile runs in the Turkey Trot. If SP was preparing for the 6 mile, this could very well be connected. JMO

Sorry I'm way behind in reading this thread but I was just reading through the logs and noticed an interesting entry from Nov 2. On page 2 there was an "incomplete 911" call. My first thought was that what if SP tried to call 911 but was forced to hang up and set the phone down by her abductors? But then I saw the address I think must be associated with the call and I got even more confused. Not sure I can say anything else but I find that address, especially the street name, both interesting and puzzling. If the address is the address for the phone number that called and not the location of the call, Is it possible SP's cell phone bill was still associated with an old street address? May be nothing relevant and may be unrelated, just something I thought was interesting.

Not necessarily. A lot of serial killers let their victims go, especially the high profile ones. There were numerous women Alcala, let go and did not even kill, but still victimized. He also killed ones as well. Serial killers.do.not always kill every female or male they come in contact with. Also a lot of serial killers have families, and significant others that they love and care about like BTK. He only killed some of the families he befriended and women but was married with kids himself. It is most of the time a surprise when people find out their loved one or family member is.

And it doesn't have to be an actual serial killer, just someone who gets their kicks out of doing things like this. The thing is, though, if they get their kicks by snatching women and torturing them, there's a good chance they've actually killed some of their victims.

Of the theories we're allowed to discuss, I find this the most plausible. My biggest problem with many other theories in the fact that she was released with her restraints still on. Has that ever happened before? It's not like she escaped, they released her with hard evidence still attached. It strongly suggests showboating to me. These serial killer types often enjoy the notoriety and media attention.

While I'm at it, an observation about the branding: doesn't the fact that she was branded prove that she wasn't going to be sold to another trafficker? That theory should be off the table, imho. If it was traffickers, it would have to be ones that were going to work her themselves. Even then, I have a hard time accepting it. The brand marks their property. You don't just brand them and then let them go. The prevailing theory seems to be that these were bumbling traffickers, too stupid to realize grabbing a jogger off the street was a bad idea. Yet they have their branding all ready to go? Is that really a priority?

I agree completely. I was questioning based on rumors that she was had helped teens and was trying to establish if there was any validity to the rumors.

There was a comment here asking about this, but it got deleted. I just wanted to clarify, though:

Doing the CASA Superhero run in no way implies you do volunteer work for CASA. It's just a fundraiser, open to anyone who enjoys running and is willing to pay the fee.

There were 390 5k participants, and 59 for the 10k.

Aren't there family members of MPs here at WS? That's all it would take to be aware of what's being said online. Or just reading news articles online, or the FB pages set up to find SP. I can see scouring the internet for information in the middle of sleepless nights--especially since he was doing everything he could to find his wife.

At any rate, the trolls and rumors are hard to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces