Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's not missing, that's abandonment.
But I don't think they know that for sure. I think you'd have to tell the family we found her but she doesn't want to contact you.. That'd be a hell of a pill to swallow but beats being tortured by some pervert I guess.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think they found her though. Voluntary missing still means missing. And voluntary is probably an educated guess at best.. Maybe they found texts or e-mails indicating a relationship but that's not confirmation of her running off with someone, you know?

Perhaps I'm simplifying things, and I have only skimmed this thread. But if there is a jogger who disappears under suspicious circumstances and her earbuds, phone, wallet and strands of hair are found....this should be a "all hands on deck red alert". Hours are so so precious when it comes to the missing. Get the dogs, get search parties...giddy up!

Does anyone know the criteria for listing someone as "Voluntary Missing"?

The case has now appeared on front page of one of NZs main news website.
More publicity the better.
What if the present wasn't actually for her husband? Did he assume it was, and there was a card nearby addressed to him, or attached to the partially wrapped parcel?

But that's not missing, that's abandonment.

They don't want to believe she would do that to them. Maybe the evidence isn't concrete, but it's enough for the DOJ to believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they found her though. Voluntary missing still means missing. And voluntary is probably an educated guess at best.. Maybe they found texts or e-mails indicating a relationship but that's not confirmation of her running off with someone, you know?

I agree. I don't think they know where she is, but they definitely believe she's nowhere near there. They've even suspected she could be out of the country.

LE said they were reviewing texts and emails. Perhaps what they found there is the reason they (LE) stopped searching and classified her as "voluntarily missing". They may even know exactly where she is by now.

So....what happens when a "missing" person is found A-Ok, but said missing person does not want LE to disclose that info? Can missing person forbid LE to report status/location/circumstances? I'm not a lawyer and have no idea.

I think the MP can contact the police and let them know she is ok but they have to see her with their own eyes. She can also forbid them from telling where she is.

I think we have to take this designation with a grain of salt. SCSO has stated over and over that they have no proof of foul play but that doesn't mean it isn't true. I looked at a few others in other counties and they hadn't even updated a missing person that was found over a month ago deceased.

I think we have to take this designation with a grain of salt. SCSO has stated over and over that they have no proof of foul play but that doesn't mean it isn't true. I looked at a few others in other counties and they hadn't even updated a missing person that was found over a month ago deceased.

I think you might be right. I think they would announce something as significant as that..

So does her being declared "voluntarily missing" mean that there won't be much more effort put into finding her? I hope that's not the case. I can't help but think that if they went through her emails and they found something that suggested she was leaving, they'd just give up...but what if something terrible happened to her before she officially "left"? What if she needed help but everyone just assumed she had abandoned her family for someone new? Surely they can't give up without confirmation from Sherri that she is indeed okay?

I'm guessing they have to put her under a category and they have more evidence that she left voluntarily verses the other way around, so that's the one they picked. It's possible they don't really know jack, but considering the phone/headphones location- you'd think they'd point more towards abduction. They found something substantial to make them believe she chose to leave. IMO.

I agree. I don't think they know where she is, but they definitely believe she's nowhere near there. They've even suspected she could be out of the country.

I find it interesting that her family believes she is no longer in the area and are making appeals nationwide. Why? Most abducted females are found (if found) within several miles of where they went missing. Why would her family assume she is across the nation somewhere? Perps who snatch their victims from the side of the road do not take them on a cross country adventure. Why would the family assume that? Further, if that is the actual scenario - kidnapped and taken cross country - the family must also have an idea WHO would take Sherri and flee the state with her? I imagine his (or her) name would also have been stated. This whole story does not add up. <modsnip>

bf5d4961519a0d54af7501c42996dfbc.png

Hmmmm.

It just really, really bothers me that the phone was found right by the side of the road, apparently. It just seems to me that nobody is going to throw it there, where a random person could see it and pick it up. It could potentially alert authorities while you're still making your getaway. And why wouldn't they turn it off? It does take a few seconds, but why not turn it off? Heck, I could even see them smashing it, and then throwing it into the tall grass. You would NOT want that phone found quickly. In fact, the later it's found the better.

That fact that it was sitting there, so close to the road, forces me to conclude that the abduction happened right there. It's the only way it makes sense, that the phone fell to the ground as she was abducted. However, that theory has its own problem: I just don't see an abductor choosing that spot. The road is too busy, and houses are too close. He had much better options. I just don't see it.

It's almost like the person who put it there wanted it to be found.... but why would anyone do that? Well, I guess they would if it were staged.

I was just thinking this morning that it's been 8 days, there's no way it could have been staged. But the way that phone was placed sure is odd.

I also find it to be a bit of a coincidence that the phone was found at a trailhead. If you wanted to walk out of the area without being seen, that trail would be a good way to do it.

Wouldn't it be amazing if they found her alive? I actually have a little bit of hope now.

<modsnip>

Also I've wrapped several Christmas presents so far. And if she's into hand-made presents, and it sounds like she is, then Christmas preparations start in like July. Lol. But really strange to half-way wrap it unless she we're interrupted or ran out of supplies or time.

Maybe she wanted to know if he was coming home for lunch so she could finish wrapping later and take her jog earlier. Maybe she was going to put more in with the pillow so didn't plan to complete the wrapping until she got back. Maybe she decided to make something but needed a feather or rock or acorn from outside. She was certainly crafty. Who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova