Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to believe that absolutely everything LE on the scene reported Thanksgiving morning was entirely wrong then it's your party, have at it.

We are all doing so well not getting angry at those we don’t agree with. Let’s keep that trend going.

Posts with theories/suggestions/insinuations based on rumor/innuendo have been removed.

From Tricia's opening post:

*You cannot use rumor and innuendo to explain your theory as to why Papini made up the kidnapping story. Must be fact-based. Meaning mainstream media and police sources.

Yes! Agree about CG... I think he took advantage of what was, IMO, rather obvious from the beginning. He figured it was voluntary and that she would show up and he could take credit.

I also would not be surprised if we eventually find out she had taken off on occasion before, and this time KP got ticked and reported her missing.

Really, the first thing he does is "find my phone"? That, IMO, says everything right there.

[And, yes, later he claimed he called her first, before using the app, but that's not what he said in the 911 call.]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi this is the first I have heard that "And, yes, later he claimed he called her first, before using the app" do you have any sourcing for this? And his records would show that he did. Though we are not privy to those.

Gitana- I feel like we would be BFFs if you lived on my street in LA. I love how analytical and direct your posts are.

I do want to slightly disagree though. Police have SAID that KP passed his lie detector test. That doesn't mean he actually passed. Police lie about people passing all the time to make them feel comfortable enough to keep talking.

BBM

Do you have a link that supports this statement? I've done a search and can't find anything that supports the fact that it's common for police to lie and tell people they have passed a polygraph when they have actually failed.

I can find plenty of links showing that polygraphs are unreliable but I already knew that.

The Truth About Lie Detectors (aka Polygraph Tests)

The accuracy (i.e., validity) of polygraph testing has long been controversial. An underlying problem is theoretical: There is no evidence that any pattern of physiological reactions is unique to deception. An honest person may be nervous when answering truthfully and a dishonest person may be non-anxious. Also, there are few good studies that validate the ability of polygraph procedures to detect deception. As Dr. Saxe and Israeli psychologist Gershon Ben-Shahar (1999) note, "it may, in fact, be impossible to conduct a proper validity study." In real-world situations, it's very difficult to know what the truth is.

http://www.apa.org/research/action/polygraph.aspx

BBM

Do you have a link that supports this statement? I've done a search and can't find anything that supports the fact that it's common for police to lie and tell people they have passed a polygraph when they have actually failed.

I can find plenty of links showing that polygraphs are unreliable but I already knew that.

I'm not the person you asked, but this article might be of interest to WSers in general about lies that LE may tell to suspect:

Ten (10) Ways Police Can Legally Lie to You
https://www.njmoorelaw.com/10-ways-police-can-lie-to-you

KP passed lie detector tests.

Every time she speaks to the police about this case and gives them any information about the crime, if no crime actually was committed, the SOL clock is probably reset.
Lol my barely awake mind read that as something other than statute of limitations...
Out of luck

Question, for those of you who think her story is BS, what do you think reaaaally happened? I know there are many threads where this has been discussed, hard to go through so many posts, tia.

Sorry, going back a bit margarita but, I wish I could tell you what I what I think, but I don't know what that is. I go from sitting on the fence to being full blown disbelieving her then back on the fence and so on. But it don't matter where I'm sitting, I still don't really know what my honest opinion is on what happened. This case has me all over the place. :scared:

Sorry, going back a bit margarita but, I wish I could tell you what I what I think, but I don't know what that is. I go from sitting on the fence to being full blown disbelieving her then back on the fence and so on. But it don't matter where I'm sitting, I still don't really know what my honest opinion is on what happened. This case has me all over the place. :scared:
I don't think she stayed away willingly for 22 days.I think she went somewhere and then something bad happened. I don't think she was picked off the street by two masked Latinas. I think she is accustomed to getting away with making up stories and I think she knows that the truth will portray her in a bad light. I think that Keith made it all worse by continuing the super Mom myth and it all snowballed and now she is too far gone to tell the real story.

I don't think she stayed away willingly for 22 days.I think she went somewhere and then something bad happened. I don't think she was picked off the street by two masked Latinas. I think she is accustomed to getting away with making up stories and I think she knows that the truth will portray her in a bad light. I think that Keith made it all worse by continuing the super Mom myth and it all snowballed and now she is too far gone to tell the real story.

BBM. Yes. Whatever happened I feel like there is a lot of pressure on image.

I have never even been close to the fence on this one.

For those who suspect a hoax, do you guys think she was nearby or far away, in state, out of state, etc...tia.

Also, this has probably been mentioned, could she have gone off for an excursion but the person she was meeting turned out to be a psycho?

I think she was in San Francisco.

BBM

This is one of those things that is difficult to google because you turn up all the results about how to beat a polygraph.

My knowledge comes from listening to every true crime podcast out there for the past 3 years or so. Often police experts that are interviewed, especially Jim Clemente, say that polygraphs are nothing more than an investigative technique, used to manipulate suspects. I can't think of any cases at the top of my head, but I know I have heard them say multiple times that people are told they passed so they will feel comfortable and continue being interviewed.

I have been told by a polygraph examiner to never agree to take one! Lol! He says they are faulty.

This is such a strange case... why release the grainy image of Papini running around in the parking lot? They have more for the timeline now, sure, but what clues from the public could be gained from the video?

There was some speculation that she wasn't dropped there. That, at least, shows that she was there. It's not a lot, but it does help nail down that she was at the Yolo Exit by the church, where SP said she was. He'd commented about her running toward a church, past dark houses, iirc. I'm loosely following so I'm not quoting it as gospel.

Gitana- I feel like we would be BFFs if you lived on my street in LA. I love how analytical and direct your posts are.

I do want to slightly disagree though. Police have SAID that KP passed his lie detector test. That doesn't mean he actually passed. Police lie about people passing all the time to make them feel comfortable enough to keep talking.

Ha ha! Thanks Jaime.

But they don't lie in an official press release. He was cleared totally in an
official press release. https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/li...estigation-update---october-2017.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member