Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It def. sounds like she was abducted. I would not read too much into her pinterest board.

I will be shocked if she did decide to just up and leave.

Jmo

<modsnip>

ITA!

LE doesn't eliminate someone based solely on their polygraph results anyway. There is much more they look at like his demeanor throughout, and his alibi being verified, and also talking to those who knew the couple well. I never felt this husband was involved in any of this so I am not surprised he has been eliminated.

When a married female goes missing or is even found murdered the statistics state only around 1/3 of the murderers were husbands who harmed their wives. That means the overwhelming majority of them, do not, and the murderer was someone else either a stranger or someone who knew them even if slightly. This is one of the things that often puzzles me when a wife goes missing or is found murdered. More often than not the offender isn't the spouse/husband yet most have instant feelings of guilt that it has to be the husband. :confused: In fact the last stats I read said spousal murders are declining whether the perp is the wife or husband.

I am going to face reality and then hope for a miracle. This was a crime of opportunity. This wasn't an act of willfully leaving her husband and children nor was it a suicide either, imo.

Like I said previously in Thread One, we have seen these kind of opportunist predators several times before who grabs an unsuspecting female without warning with the sole intent/motive to kidnap, rape, murder and then quickly discard their body.. Predators have often admitted after being caught they constantly cruised the streets looking for vulnerable prey. Imo, this is also going to be the case here.:(

Unfortunately, women who jog alone have become targets of these predators. They know they are vulnerable targets and it can happen anywhere including in what was perceived as safe neighborhoods. With them finding her phone and some of her hair I believe she was grabbed quickly and thrown in a vehicle before she had a chance to even fight back.

Now finding her is what is going to be the hardest for LE has no idea as to the location he took her to. It may be miles and miles away from the kidnapping site. Male predators have traveled further distances to discard their victim and yes, sadly, I do believe she is deceased, and has been for sometime now. While every once and awhile they will be found alive but the majority of them are not. He is not going to turn her loose so she will have an opportunity to tell LE what he looks like and what he has done. I wish I felt hopeful but I don't. I have seen how these tragic cases usually ends for those who hoped and prayed for a different outcome as well.

My heart is breaking for her husband and children. He is a man filled with overwhelming despair, imo. and I am sure all of her family, friends and loved ones are too. Cases like this is what real nightmares are made of because it shows all of us they can happen to anyone at anytime without warning.

She seems to pin and 'like' a lot of holiday- themed things. Maybe the 'Alter-ego' board of hers was costume ideas for herself? Some of the Etsy stuff are things to make a costume, birthday related, 'life on the farm' type stuff.

Day 11 without Sherri [emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Social media of victims and discussing it doesn't break TOS, right? I'm baffled at the anger and mocking of people for doing what this site is designed to do. (I'm not talking about engaging in victim-blaming, just so the subject doesn't get twisted.) Social media is a person's presence, often a presentation of their persona to the world. How realistic it may be would be subjective and vary from person to person, but the admins have decided it's allowed, and a person's electronic presence is now a valid element to be investigated and is done by PIs and LE as well.

Can someone have anorexia and also be a runner?? Seems like she had a healthy lifestyle. I don't think her photos appear painfully thin. And what is the most recent photo?

Most definitely. Personally and intimately acquainted with the topic, and can assure you that the human body is quite capable of sustained, vigorous exercise with a low BMI (even "painfully thin"), especially if the exercise habit has gone on for years (dance, ballet, long-distance running being favored activities, in fact). Only in advanced stages of the illness does that capacity begin to diminish (and at that point they are usually hospitalized and fighting organ failure).

That said, not sure how that sort of mental health diagnosis could be determined with any accuracy simply based on the random observation of strangers. (FWIW, she looks healthy to me.) And I'd agree it's probably peripheral and, at best, non-productive speculation for us to pursue in here.

It def. sounds like she was abducted. I would not read too much into her pinterest board.

I will be shocked if she did decide to just up and leave.

Jmo

I'm leaning in that direction as well. Since she grew up in Redding, I believe that if she was abducted there is a strong chance she knows them.

Any opinions on her "Alter Ego" pinterest board?

Her alter ego seems to be a Stepford Wife from the 1950s. Stepford wife pins and comments like "Dress for Marriage Success! Play up your feminine nature 1950's style!"

https://www.pinterest.com/spapini/alter-ego/

I find it interesting she called it her alter ego. She does seem like the "perfect" wife and mother looking in from the outside. Then again, she could have just thought it was a cute or funny name for the board.

Installing high-end theater systems, in economically depressed Redding?

Honestly: How much of a demand is there for that? That's not a 40/hr week job.

He couldn't make more than $20/hr... With a wife and two kids at home, that's *tight* economically.

I don't know, but looking at the wedding pictures, it seems like someone (her family or his) has money.

In order to look at her pins, I had to download the app, create an account, select areas of interest, research on how to find a "pinner" and worm my way to look at pinner SP. It was difficult. Can't wait to delete my account as now I'm getting random stuff in my mailbox.

I don't have Facebook or Pinterest so I can't do much more than peek at at these sites. Used to have Facebook but defaced myself a while back. Many friends told me that Pinterest was a major time suck so I never signed up. I'm on LinkedIn and Nextdoor.

Social media of victims and discussing it doesn't break TOS, right? I'm baffled at the anger and mocking of people for doing what this site is designed to do. (I'm not talking about engaging in victim-blaming, just so the subject doesn't get twisted.) Social media is a person's presence, often a presentation of their persona to the world. How realistic it may be would be subjective and vary from person to person, but the admins have decided it's allowed, and a person's electronic presence is now a valid element to be investigated and is done by PIs and LE as well.

All threads have their own "tone" based on the participants. The overwhelming majority of WS threads are respectful and victim friendly, keeping in mind that desperate friends and family members scan for any little tidbit or idea that can bring their loved one home. They are desperate.
If you see posts from members expressing concern over the "tone" of the thread, it's because we all care about these victims and want to protect them from unnecessary ridicule of their silliest SM posts that they certainly never expected to have examined by lifestyle pundits.

By your post I can tell you are here to help come up with ideas that might help bring her home too. Against the odds, let's pray that happens.
God Bless the family and friends who are in such anguish, and praying for a miracle. I am too.

Anyone knows what this is about ?
It was posted 27 weeks ago.

https://plus.google.com/117418117041950210732

Sherri Papini

27 weeks

saw this and thought of you.&#65279;

Child Custody Recommending Counselor
+GovernmentJobs

I clicked on the link and it's a job posting(opening) that she is recommending for someone. Not necessarily for her.

Sherri Papini

27 weeks

+GovernmentJobs

Looks to be a job opening. Maybe Sherri majored in sociology in college - if she went to college. Or had an interest in this field.

I agree. She is healthy wrt her weight. She is a mother of 2. There are always people who defy the odds, but Sherri is "fit". She's very aware about her diet and health. I commend her for her efforts in every aspect of her life and pray that she returns soon.

I'd love to have a friend like her! She sure would inspire me to make better choices in my life about health and exercise.

"A low BMI often stops menstruation. A low BMI may result from excess physical training, lack of calorie intake or genetics. "

http://www.livestrong.com/article/488432-bmi-and-menstruation/

Looks to be a job opening. Maybe Sherri majored in sociology in college - if she went to college. Or had an interest in this field.
No, the job recommendation wasn't for her, looks like, but for someone else. Please review the link again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sherri Papini

27 weeks

+GovernmentJobs

The link takes you to a Government Job Listing that has now ended. Not sure why she would do a public post if she had a friend looking for employment. Maybe she thought she was sending an email.

This listing closes on 5/20/2016 at 4:30 PM Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana.

Agency
Superior Court of California, County of Shasta

Phone
(530) 245-6721

Website
http://www.shasta.courts.ca.gov

Address
1500 Court Street, Room 106
Redding, California, 96001.​

I am going to face reality and then hope for a miracle. This was a crime of opportunity. This wasn't an act of willfully leaving her husband and children nor was it a suicide either, imo.

Like I said previously in Thread One, we have seen these kind of opportunist predators several times before who grabs an unsuspecting female without warning with the sole intent/motive to kidnap, rape, murder and then quickly discard their body.. Predators have often admitted after being caught they constantly cruised the streets looking for vulnerable prey. Imo, this is also going to be the case here.:(

Unfortunately, women who jog alone have become targets of these predators. They know they are vulnerable targets and it can happen anywhere including in what was perceived as safe neighborhoods. With them finding her phone and some of her hair I believe she was grabbed quickly and thrown in a vehicle before she had a chance to even fight back.

What is hanging me up is the times she was allegedly seen that day, which could all be accurate or just as well she people could be mistaken and she might not have jogged at all that day. Depending on what is actually accurate witness information, this could be anything from her staging a scene to her being kidnapped at the home without ever having gone jogging that day to all sorts of other things inbetween. It potentially greatly colors things if someone who wasn't a marathoner (she was merely training for a 5K) was seen out over a period of 3 hours and it could have meaning both if this was unusual for her as well as if this was a common occurrence. I say it's important regardless of how frequently she was seen out over those long periods (if she was frequently seen jogging over a period of hours by neighbors) as it could mean she was living some sort of secret life, which there's been absolutely no mention of her doing anything outside the home during daytime hours like having neighborhood friends that she hang out with. Unless and until the timeline gets nailed down, I see way too many possibilities of what could have happened to her.

No, the job recommendation wasn't for her, looks like, but for someone else. Please review the link again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have no idea if it was for her. Just something Sherri had an interest in in the past? Or a friend had an interest in? In any event, it doesn't seem to be related to her disappearance.

What is hanging me up is the times she was allegedly seen that day, which could all be accurate or just as well she people could be mistaken and she might not have jogged at all that day. Depending on what is actually accurate witness information, this could be anything from her staging a scene to her being kidnapped at the home without ever having gone jogging that day to all sorts of other things inbetween. It potentially greatly colors things if someone who wasn't a marathoner (she was merely training for a 5K) was seen out over a period of 3 hours and it could have meaning both if this was unusual for her as well as if this was a common occurrence. I say it's important regardless of how frequently she was seen out over those long periods (if she was frequently seen jogging over a period of hours by neighbors) as it could mean she was living some sort of secret life, which there's been absolutely no mention of her doing anything outside the home during daytime hours like having neighborhood friends that she hang out with. Unless and until the timeline gets nailed down, I see way too many possibilities of what could have happened to her.

Yes, so true. And under these circumstances where there are multiple possibilities, I invoke the "Occam's razor" methodology which generally proves out. It is believed she went jogging and was purportedly last since at "x" intersections. Some of her possessions were found at "x". This gives us two solid indicators to work with. Both Steelman and I appear to be working on the Occam theory, and our suggested search radius extend approx. 3 miles from those points, although mine extends up to the concrete facility. It is my strong, amateur hypothesis that she will, indeed, be found in that range. I am praying I am wrong, and that against the odds (and Occam), she will come home alive.

I don't know, but looking at the wedding pictures, it seems like someone (her family or his) has money.

Yes. I am starting to lean more to this being an abduction for ransom. The lack of public searches, urgency, warnings indicate there is a lot going on behind the scenes. I do not think she ran away at all. I think the family knows much more than they are telling and I think they have an indication of who did this. I initially though she may have had a stalker based on her multiple addresses in SoCal and the quotes on her pinterest gun board (" wish I had this 3 weeks ago"etc) but now that I know that the quotes may not be attributed to her and that the pricy addresses actually belong to a family member I think it is more likely to be a ransom situation. In any case poor family for going through this whether they do or don't have an idea of what has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova