Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...I spent the morning doing a little research on the RSO's close to the spot that SP allegedly was last seen. All I will say, to stay within TSO, is that I would be vigorously...vigorously looking at this angle. I'm sure LE is.

So...I spent the morning doing a little research on the RSO's close to the spot that SP allegedly was last seen. All I will say, to stay within TSO, is that I would be vigorously...vigorously looking at this angle. I'm sure LE is.
Agreed. I pointed out ,back on the first thread, that there is a RSO five minutes from her house, if he still lives there. We don't know her regular running route but it's not unlikely that she went past that house daily.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

What if the person that saw her at 2 is the person who took her?
Just a thought.

I've thought as a possibility that whoever gave that information may have abducted her from her home hours earlier and put out that time and those objects in order to throw off the investigation.

And like everything else in this case I am going back and forth! Why is the SCSO being so secretive? I would like to think it is not how they normally operate and that there is something about this case that compels them to be so. I really think the family knows more than they are saying and that it is not about SP's mental health or being voluntarily missing. I DO think she was abducted and is in danger but is it a stranger or somebody known to them? Yes the families appear to be well off hence my speculation of ransom. But maybe retaliation? Something else?
At first her earbuds being found with the hairs attached made me think of that young girl abducted in Florida I believe whose father was LE and who made some failed 911 calls. She left a bunch of clues in the car including pulling strands of her hair out and leaving them on the seat to let LE know she was there. It is said that SP was very situationally aware and savvy so that made me think that she left her phone and earbuds with hair on purpose to send a signal. Also the chequebook, could she have picked it up as mail from the community mailbox after her run? Maybe she got close to home and somebody had been following her as she finished her run and she made a last stop to the mailbox before heading home. I keep the key to the mailbox attached with my house key. She could have been surprised at or near the mailbox as she picked up the envelope with ordered cheques and dropped them to send another clue if the cheques found were really hers. Same with any other items found. But the SCSO is not commenting on anything found so who knows.

Just a theory.

What if the perpetrator was trolling the neighborhood and just got lucky? Sees a lone female jogger and followed her home? She is wrapping a package and he interrupts her? He sends the text after seeing from previous ones on her phone log that she sends similar messages. He does so to see how much time he has . Then he plants the items found to confuse the investigation.

All of this is of course just my opinion based on what I have read =.

Just a theory.

What if the perpetrator was trolling the neighborhood and just got lucky? Sees a lone female jogger and followed her home? She is wrapping a package and he interrupts her? He sends the text after seeing from previous ones on her phone log that she sends similar messages. He does so to see how much time he has . Then he plants the items found to confuse the investigation.

With the few facts we have on this case...anything is possible it seems.

Just getting caught up again here. Seems her day had two parts, relative to the texting. 10:30ish text to husband about lunch, then she goes for a run to be back by lunch if he may come home. She comes back, starts wrapping presents, and whatever else. Husband does not text back until 1:30ish saying not coming home. Scrapped any plans she may have had for lunch together after leaving her hanging. Next, she is seen out around 2ish. Maybe she was pissed he didn't respond, or come home, and went out a second time. And something bad happened, either she was angry and not aware of surroundings and someone took her, or it was the last straw that prompted her to run or commit suicide. Maybe they were fighting on the phone and she tossed it.

I saw this as well. I think that it is only on the public log because it has been checked out and cleared. It would be nice if we had an insider to confirm what gets posted to the daily log when a case is active.

I say this because they have reported that they have received 150 to 200 tips and we're not seeing that level of activity on the logs.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yes, the Sheriff's log is edited.

Just a theory.

Agree, except that she would not have let a stranger in her house ? And I think she was careful, careful enough to keep her doors/windows locked. Of course, it could have been a home invasion type of scenario Someone followed her home, and forced his way in... Or she knew the perp somehow... Wonder if she had ever felt unsafe in her home/.area ? Had anyone ever approached her,or bothered her there ?

Dear all, this is my first post here. I am new to the site and don't know all the ins and outs yet lol. But since I can't figure out how to post new thread, and my info is in regards to the Papini case anyway, this seems like good spot & i hope you don't mind!!

I was interested in the Heather McDonald case after it had apparently been in the news for a while. Very sickened about her death.

Because of how close that happened in regards to the disappearance of Sherri Papini, i started looking at both cases and comparing them.

Regarding LISK, he was suspected to have used Craigslist and or other social media to track and lure victims. This was of course years ago, and cell phones/apps have come a long way.

Considering that the last known LISK associated bodies were recovered in 2011, I can't help wondering if the guy branched out and left NYC area.

One possible clue is LISK went on from killing prostitutes to targeting mothers of young children. Could be random or bad luck for the child, but if you look at McDonald and Papini, it fits.

There is a pattern of Interstate dependency and familiarity as well. This is a person who checks out his dumping sites before needing to go there. Just like he stalks his victims on social media to make his job easier.

Another set of possible clues is that the body types of mcdonald and papini are very similar to each other. 100lbs beautiful women who have long hair nice smiles and happy kids. There's something about that whole package that attracts this guy. Imo.

In Wikipedia the LISK page said one victim was 100lbs. Possibly same body type as the recent victims.

They suspected it was a person with history of law enforcement experience.

I am wondering of course if it would be a relatively simple thing for such a man to get into transportation ie truck driving or similar venture in order to mask the manner in which he selects his victims.

Georgia and California aren't that distant if you are used to driving a lot and counting on the distance to help hide a crime.

Hugs and tears for the families and above all. Hope.

Agree, except that she would not have let a stranger in her house ? And I think she was careful, careful enough to keep her doors/windows locked. Of course, it could have been a home invasion type of scenario Someone followed her home, and forced his way in... Or she knew the perp somehow... Wonder if she had ever felt unsafe in her home/.area ? Had anyone ever approached her,or bothered her there ?
How do you know doors & windows were locked? Was the reported somewhere?

Locals have said its not uncommon to leave doors unlocked in the neighborhood.

Someone could have snuck in and hidden while she was jogging, surprised her while she wrapping. But then the scent dogs should have been able to track her jogging trail.

It's baffling. I wonder why the secrecy on the timeline. Why no word on what she did leading up to the disappearance? Did Keith see her before work, or maybe he leaves earlier than everyone is up? Is there footage of her dropping kids off at school, maybe stopping at the grocery store on the way home?

Someone posted they think the secrecy is a mistake, and if LE really has no leads, I agree. If they released a little more information it might trigger someone's memory.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Perhaps LE is being relatively silent because they know what happened; trying to prove it.

Perhaps LE is being relatively silent because they know what happened; trying to prove it.
This is my guess as well. I posted earlier they may not be releasing anything because they don't need help and don't think the public is in danger. It makes the most sense to me at this point.

How do you know doors & windows were locked? Was the reported somewhere?

Locals have said its not uncommon to leave doors unlocked in the neighborhood.

Someone could have snuck in and hidden while she was jogging, surprised her while she wrapping. But then the scent dogs should have been able to track her jogging trail.

It's baffling. I wonder why the secrecy on the timeline. Why no word on what she did leading up to the disappearance? Did Keith see her before work, or maybe he leaves earlier than everyone is up? Is there footage of her dropping kids off at school, maybe stopping at the grocery store on the way home?

Someone posted they think the secrecy is a mistake, and if LE really has no leads, I agree. If they released a little more information it might trigger someone's memory.

I completely agree. It is baffling, and I wonder if the silence is because they have nothing; or if it isn't I tend to think at the 11th day after her disappearance it's a mistake.

I wish someone would confirm who dropped the kids off, what a typical Wednesday would be like for her, what her jogging routes looked like, etc, would they look their doors, did they have a hide-a-key, when does she usually pick the kids up....I guess I could go on and on.

Someone posted that the people article had comments that were interesting. (thanks btw!) I noticed that a poster made reference that her daughter was the nanny for the couple while she was pregnant with her daughter. Maybe "nanny" was used here as an occasional babysitter. Who knows. But this family definitely has money. Perhaps not them directly, but maybe they just have very generous parents who have the means.

With the few facts we have on this case...anything is possible it seems.

Yes, it does seem that anything is possible and nothing is impossible. The more cases I've followed on WS, the less I trust the limited evidence we are given...

Sightings by witnesses--Hannah Thomas Garner was "seen" in FL while in CA.

Husband has alibi--Mark Sievers.

No signs point to suicide--Leanne Bearden (depression revealed after she was found).

Wouldn't leave kids--Michelle Martens of ABQ let her daughter be sexually abused and murdered. Had apparently been a good mother up to that point. If a seemingly good mother will do such a despicable things to her child, other good mothers are capable of leaving them. Plenty do. My own very privileged grandmother abandoned my mother (6 months old) and her sister (age 3) in 1912. :(

K9 Tracking--Teleka Patrick was tracked in the opposite direction of where she was eventually found. We never know how accurate a dog is.

Grid searches--Noah Chamberlin was found in an area previously searched.

Probable abduction--Ruth Maze apparently faked her own abduction. I will say that based on items found tossed in Whitney Heichel's case, the phone probably points to abduction. But there may be a case in which found items mean something different. Perhaps someone else remembers one.

I'm sure there are more categories and examples, but I think this is enough to make clear that nothing is impossible and everything is possible...based on the limited evidence we have. I'm not suggesting one scenario over another in this list, although I do think abduction is most likely, based on the phone.

JMO

I suppose they have checked all the video cameras along the interstate exits in both directions. I notice I5 is right near mountain gate. There is a gas station and atm at that exit.

On the Redding 2.0 Facebook page. Someone reported a stalking, sorry can't link from my phone. Not saying it's related to Sherri, but who knows. I didn't see a date the man approached the student?

Dear all, this is my first post here. I am new to the site and don't know all the ins and outs yet lol. But since I can't figure out how to post new thread, and my info is in regards to the Papini case anyway, this seems like good spot & i hope you don't mind!!

I was interested in the Heather McDonald case after it had apparently been in the news for a while. Very sickened about her death.

Because of how close that happened in regards to the disappearance of Sherri Papini, i started looking at both cases and comparing them.

Regarding LISK, he was suspected to have used Craigslist and or other social media to track and lure victims. This was of course years ago, and cell phones/apps have come a long way.

Considering that the last known LISK associated bodies were recovered in 2011, I can't help wondering if the guy branched out and left NYC area.

One possible clue is LISK went on from killing prostitutes to targeting mothers of young children. Could be random or bad luck for the child, but if you look at McDonald and Papini, it fits.

There is a pattern of Interstate dependency and familiarity as well. This is a person who checks out his dumping sites before needing to go there. Just like he stalks his victims on social media to make his job easier.

Another set of possible clues is that the body types of mcdonald and papini are very similar to each other. 100lbs beautiful women who have long hair nice smiles and happy kids. There's something about that whole package that attracts this guy. Imo.

In Wikipedia the LISK page said one victim was 100lbs. Possibly same body type as the recent victims.

They suspected it was a person with history of law enforcement experience.

I am wondering of course if it would be a relatively simple thing for such a man to get into transportation ie truck driving or similar venture in order to mask the manner in which he selects his victims.

Georgia and California aren't that distant if you are used to driving a lot and counting on the distance to help hide a crime.

Hugs and tears for the families and above all. Hope.

:welcome: Goodship_Lollipeep (love the name). :)

This is an excellent first post with lots to ponder. Thanks for giving us something to chew on. Keep posting!

Just the facts as we know them:

11/2/16
10:37 AM Texts husband asking if he'll be home for lunch
1:39 PM Husband responds to text that he won't be home for lunch
2:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Sherri is seen walking/jogging in the area near Sunrise Drive and Sundust Road
5:00 - 6:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Husband returns home to empty house and Sherri's car in driveway
(Time unknown) Husband calls daycare
(Time unknown) Husband tracks Sherri's phone with app
(Time unknown) Husband locates Sherri's phone on side of road at Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive intersection
5:51 PM Husband reports Sherri missing

ETA to include link: http://reddingpolice.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Sherri-Papini.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova