Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly we have our favorites and our BF or gf would know them and what type of clothes she was in when it happened helps them to pin down where it happened

(Do you mean what she had on?)
I am not sure I would be able to tell what two or three pieces of clothing are randomly missing from my own closet (and I don't have a lot of clothes at all,) let alone someone else's. I think it is way too much to expect of a spouse.

ITA, I don't work every day and if I went missing on a day when my children were at school no one would have a clue what I was wearing and they certainly wouldn't know what was missing from my closet. Even if I went missing on the way home from work I wouldn't expect my co workers to remember what I was wearing. Unless there's CCTV or a photo just taken of a missing person I'm always dubious about reports of what they had on.

We don't even know if Sherri disappeared during her jog yet

Exactly we have our favorites and our BF or gf would know them and what type of clothes she was in when it happened helps them to pin down where it happened

I guess I must be a bad parent, I'd be pushed to tell you what my children are wearing on any day, they are old enough to dress themselves and have enough clothes that I couldn't say for sure what was missing. No partner but if I had one I'd probably be the same

Yes, I wouldn't be able to tell if something random was missing from my own closet. But, most of us have certain outfits that are our first or second choices for certain activities ( exercise, shopping, lounging in house) So those workout clothes and shoes may be missing from her closet, and those were the ones that she would often wear.

The family even provided a photo of the jogging outfit she had most likely been wearing, in the very beginning. Which I assume is what she was most likely wearing while jogging that day.
I meant that if there was a chance of her wearing something completely different during the actual disappearance itself, figuring it out by looking at her closet would, IMHO, be damn near impossible.

Logically I think she probably did train when the kids were in preschool. Her husband expected her and the kids to be home when he came home from his "late day". This tells me that she was not in the habit of packing the kids up in the jogging stroller and heading out in the neighbourhood to train. Her car was home so he expected her and the kids to be home. If his later day had him back at around 5:30-5:45ish on that particular day then I wonder what time he normally came back? Let's say an hour earlier was the norm so 4:30 and by that time it was usual for everyone to be at home so Sherri probably picked up by 2:30-3 or so. it is unusual that the preschool did not contact somebody by 5:30-5:45. Speaking from personal experience you become known as the "mom who picks up after naps"or the "mom who only comes after afternoon snack"so it was probably noticed as out of routine. The police log has them being subsequently picked up by family members. Since KP doesn't always answer his phone immediately I wonder who else besides SP was an emergency contact?

SP sold her extra clothes online and was very fashionable in her pics. I doubt her hubby could tell what was missing from her closet. Either somebody saw her in the exact outfit or she had a special spot away from her regular closet where she kept her running clothes and her husband is giving a best guess.

Holy smokes, jashrema! So sorry that happened to you!!! Did they catch the guy?

Yep! 2 weeks later because he came back to my neighborhood again, hid in some bushes, and when a man pulled up in his driveway with his son and got out of the car, he stepped out and started stabbing him. His son called 911 and there was heavy police presence because of what happened to me and they were there in literally a minute and caught him still attacking him! The man survived. Perp was some loser crackhead and btw, I live in what would be referred to as an "upper middle class, safe, area." We all know what a crock of crap that is tho...

Yep! 2 weeks later because he came back to my neighborhood again, hid in some bushes, and when a man pulled up in his driveway with his son and got out of the car, he stepped out and started stabbing him. His son called 911 and there was heavy police presence because of what happened to me and they were there in literally a minute and caught him still attacking him! The man survived. Perp was some loser crackhead and btw, I live in what would be referred to as an "upper middle class, safe, area." We all know what a crock of crap that is tho...

Omg this is terrifying!!

I guess I must be a bad parent, I'd be pushed to tell you what my children are wearing on any day, they are old enough to dress themselves and have enough clothes that I couldn't say for sure what was missing. No partner but if I had one I'd probably be the same
But if they found a shoe or shirt and you could look at it, wouldn't you be able to tell if it was your kids or not? I may not be able to look at my kids closet and instantly know what pieces are missing, but I most definitely could say something was theirs if it was shown to me.

And family may know she didn't own Nike or whatever. They seemed pretty confident it was not her shoe, imo.

Anyway, I think it's two different reports. I think the Nike shoe was found separately from the pink clothes/shoe that's most recently being discussed.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness. What a horrible thing for all of you. I am so glad he was caught. Scary scary and a good reminder that evils lurks everywhere. Be well Jashrema

Even after following (Ce's and others)cases with you, I had no idea that happened to you. You are a strong woman Jashrema!

So sorry you had to experience this... "Loser crackhead", this must be a new term now... JMO...

Yes but I mean if she was not willing I know most girls don't have that many jogging shoes and clothes so he could at least say if the jacket and shoe found are hers or what one she had on unless she was addicted to buying jogging clothes and I would see if by chance her favorite around the house and errands clothing was missing because most girls have favorite things to wear at home and that would show if it happened from home. Now if she was running away I don't know how easy Hiding the wig would be so she probably would just use hair dye

She has piles of clothes for sale - including at least one wig - as she sells clothing on the net, so she in particular would have it easier than most in hiding clothing in the house with it bits of clothing looking like her for-sale items plus the property is 2 acres so any disguise clothing wouldn't even have to have been put in the house where she instead would have ample places to stash runaway gear until she brought them in after her husband left for work.

Has the check book been confirmed as belonging to Sherri? If not, why are people still posting as if it is another piece of evidence?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I’m not seeing the motive for her disappearing without a trace on her own. Suicide or abduction still seem most likely. One doesn’t disappear without good motivation. Doesn’t seem to be an abusive relationship, no known legal problems… disappearing means cutting ties with kids permanently, which is pretty cold thing to do. She would need a pretty extensive plan to pull that off, money, place to go, alternate identity. In this day and age, if you are unhappy, you can get a divorce, separate, etc… a lot of options than starting a new life somewhere. She is a pretty identifiable person and everyone is looking for her. Her motivation for leaving would have to be very strong.

Cases can seem to move so slow! I'm praying and trusting that LE has their ducks in a row. I've been going back over some old cases, viewing the timelines, watching interviews for comparisons sake, recalling how tightlipped LE was ... and there was always a reason. They had someone in their sights, and while they were building their case, sometimes over a period of months or years, they were evasive and even offered red herrings to the media in order to throw the perp off. I'm hopeful that is the case here, as well.

My question is what prompted her to get a gun because my mind goes to stalker or maybe her ex husband is a creep? Part of me thinks because of the reports of the creepy try trimmers thst she had a stalker as well as I wonder if the person kicked out of the search party was a RSO or just creepy and maybe the killer/kidnapper/abducter because they like to insert themselves into in investigations

She may not have needed a prompt to get a gun. I live in Colorado and I know very few people without guns. I'm a female and I go shooting at shooting ranges with friends and family quite often. It's normal for some people, others not so much.

Her FB page has several interesting posts from within the last 11 hours. Make sure you expand all of the replies...

Moderator,
If I found some information on someone who was a suspect in the MP case from 1998, that has been discussed on this thread. Am I allowed to post this information?
Also, are we allowed to post Craig's List links?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member