Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very random and possibly offensive idea but perhaps worth a thought?

Is there even 1% chance that an extra marital affair precipitated this disappearance, and if so, is it possible that a tryst turned into a kidnapping?

(I have not read from page1, sorry if repeat)

A tryst or not, it shouldn't be considered offensive. A kidnapping is a kidnapping no matter the events leading up to it. It's probably protocol for LE to look into that possibility as well.

A very random and possibly offensive idea but perhaps worth a thought?

Is there even 1% chance that an extra marital affair precipitated this disappearance, and if so, is it possible that a tryst turned into a kidnapping?

(I have not read from page1, sorry if repeat)
Anything is possible here.

But I always circle back to the phone, the lack of scent, the lack of sherri on security camera.

I've entertained the idea she willingly got in the car with someone for whatever reason (coffee with a friend, an affair, whatever) and this person ended up driving her somewhere she didn't plan - abducting her.

Why would they come back to leave the phone by her house? Wouldn't that be risky? They could toss it out their window anywhere and achieve the same results.

If they tossed the phone on the way from her house that would mean she was already in trouble, which seems unlikely to me as well. If someone she was comfortable leaving with planned this, you'd think they'd want to get away from the home before alarming her.

I am really, really curious if the Papini home had security cameras. They are popular these days, and Keith did work for an electronics company.

Also, do we know if their driveway his paved or dirt? Is it possible LE might have found tire tracks that don't match the Papini's cars?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Maybe they don't view the road, just the homes, yards, and buildings? I cannot tell if he meant that or she wasn't seen on cameras that included footage of her likely jogging path.

Right. But she still should have shown up on some footage.That's why LE pored over the footage... because they expected to see her at some point on video. Strange. jmo,though

I have a bad habit of not locking my front door when I check the mail, which is down the street. And I've been called paranoid by friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her mail was a mile away. She liked to jog there, her phone was found near there. I question why she would run to get the mail that day, since she was going to be going out to pick up the children from daycare, so I don't know why she wouldn't have waited to get the mail at that time.

Just a thought. Its been said Sherri was training for a CASA Benefit 5k run. That's only 3 miles and change, and can be ran in 30-45 minutes. I'm not sure Sherri regularly jogged at all. Only that she was going to run in a 5k and happened to disapear while jogging.

Problem is, 11:00 is an educated guess by husband based on text (and perhaps neighbor/tree trimmer); 2:00 sighting by another per media. Nothing concrete.

Interesting comments on the HFSP FB page, 5th post down. Praying for this mama to return home to her babies.

Thank you for mentioning in your quote that this was, "During his search of the house."

It seems rather obvious to me that this was hidden away somewhere. I just don't understand why people are treating this as if the present was left out, as if Sherri was interrupted while wrapping it. Nothing about Keith's statement suggests this. There are many reasons a person may not be able to finish wrapping a present. Ran out of tape, ran out of wrapper, ran out of time. Keith's statement suggests to me that he found the present hidden away somewhere.

Not obvious at all. If it was hidden away, why did he say it wasn't here when I left (that morning for work)? On my phone so can't copy and paste, but here's the story link. http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

I haven't heard one way or another about the door, but it's been bothering me a lot.

If locked, then no stranger took her from her home.
If unlocked, then I doubt she was abducted while jogging. Who leaves a door unlocked to their home that has at least one gun inside (assuming Sherri didn't take it jogging) when they leave? I hope everyone locks a door in that situation.
So if she did lock it, how would she get back in since her keys were still at home?
I haven't been following this fast moving thread entirely, so, forgive me if this has been covered, but, I would think they must have used tracking/trailing dogs in the search. That would answer your question.

Did she even tell anyone she was going to go jogging? I don't remember reading anything that stated that. All we have are the eye witnesses that say they saw her jogging at two different times of the day. I wonder if any of those witnesses are now under LE's radar?

Did she even tell anyone she was going to go jogging? I don't remember reading anything that stated that. All we have are the eye witnesses that say they saw her jogging at two different times of the day. I wonder if any of those witnesses are now under LE's radar?

Wow. I was wondering the same thing, as far as her telling someone she would be going for a run. From all we know it's assuming. Or 'typical'

I watched the video of the sister and s-i-l talking about Sherri. The sister broke my heart. The S-I-l obviously has great admiration for this lovely, devoted young mom. Please Lord, you're never short of miracles! One more please?

Saw the video as well. Very sad for the sister. Sister-in-law is very young, hippy, liberal go lucky, God love her. Youth has a way of skewing things. But I see uncertainty in both; and that's raw.

But I always circle back to the phone, the lack of scent, the lack of sherri on security camera.

I've entertained the idea she willingly got in the car with someone for whatever reason (coffee with a friend, an affair, whatever) and this person ended up driving her somewhere she didn't plan - abducting her.

Why would they come back to leave the phone by her house? Wouldn't that be risky? They could toss it out their window anywhere and achieve the same results.

If they tossed the phone on the way from her house that would mean she was already in trouble, which seems unlikely to me as well. If someone she was comfortable leaving with planned this, you'd think they'd want to get away from the home before alarming her.

I am really, really curious if the Papini home had security cameras. They are popular these days, and Keith did work for an electronics company.

Also, do we know if their driveway his paved or dirt? Is it possible LE might have found tire tracks that don't match the Papini's cars?

That would make sense with asking hubby if he was coming home for lunch. Someone showed up to go out with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Do we have any idea of what their property is like? Does it back up to another property? Is there access to back of the property by road?

Is it possible she wasn't abducted out the front door - but rather a backdoor? Less chance of witnesses.

Her mail was a mile away. She liked to jog there, her phone was found near there. I question why she would run to get the mail that day, since she was going to be going out to pick up the children from daycare, so I don't know why she wouldn't have waited to get the mail at that time.

I wonder if that's all the running she did that day. If so, she may have just ran to get it in.

The husband said he understood that she was going to jog based on the text message she sent, which we don't know what the message said

Their street and driveway are unpaved - gravel.

The husband said he understood that she was going to jog based on the text message she sent, which we don't know what the message said

He did? I just assumed he put that together based on what the neighbors said, and where he found her phone.

Do we have any idea of what their property is like? Does it back up to another property? Is there access to back of the property by road?

Is it possible she wasn't abducted out the front door - but rather a backdoor? Less chance of witnesses.

It's a 2 acre property backed by hills. If it happened at the house, there are many possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldeBiddy