Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to him it sounds like her cell phone went dead and that's something they should be able to easily figure out once they found it. Maybe he's trying to say the last call she made or text she sent was at noon. Because if it died KP wouldn't have been able to locate it with Find my iPhone.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2016/11/find-my-iphone-work-with-dead-iphone/
Keith could find her phone IF it remained in the same place it was when it went dead. The app will find the last place the phone had connection. If it was moved after that, he wouldn't know where. That's why it's so surprising to me it was still by a community mailbox at nearly 6pm. Very lucky.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

FBI is assisting.

Would love another press conference, really think they should hold one.

Would drug addicts or sellers leave such a clean crime scene? She vanished! It's mind boggling.

I feel so badly for her babies.

Doesn't FBI get involved when things cross state lines? What other scenarios draw the FBI in to a case?

Most likely just a troll, there have been many others on the HFSP FB page insistent on implicating KP. However, IMO, it shouldn't easily be dismissed either. The profile pic is obviously not in line with her career choice, if we are to believe that she is being truthful. But with the prevalence of sex trafficking and SP's attractive and youthful appearance, I don't believe anything should be ruled out. The reports from Shasta College could also be connected. The provocative pic in the Youtube comments, IMO, could be from someone in the ring trying to throw suspicion on KP. Another reason why I feel it's important to have video of SP. I pray she is not in the hands of a trafficker, but if she is, her appearance could be disguising her.

http://reddingpolice.org/human-trafficking-arrest/

That photo of the perp...and sad story.

Doesn't FBI get involved when things cross state lines? What other scenarios draw the FBI in to a case?

They assist local and state law enforcement on a large number of investigative activities. The "state line" thing applies in some cases, but that's really been overplayed in old movies and pop culture. These days they're often requested for forensic and other types of investigative/analytic assistance since their resources are much more vast.

This is a simple, nonjargony overview. Obviously, no legalese here or room for the huge number of exceptions and conditions that could come up:
. . .

[FONT=&quot]Law Enforcement Assistance
This is the arm of the FBI that has been popularized by television and movies. FBI teams are sent to local law enforcement agencies to help handle investigations. There are times when the FBI agents are there to support the local police, and there are times when the FBI agents are there is take over an investigation the local police cannot handle.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The FBI has one of the most sophisticated crime labs in the world, and they can send evidence for analysis to Quantico much more quickly than a local police agency can get the same evidence tested. The FBI also supports state investigative agencies. Every state has its own version of the FBI, and that state agency often turns to the FBI for assistance.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Finally, local law enforcement agencies call on the FBI immediately when they know they have a case that is too big for them. The local police are wise to contact the FBI when an investigation has just begun. The involvement of the FBI often forces thieves to make rash decisions, and the extra manpower can help to solve crimes quickly.

. . .

http://www.criminaljusticedegreehub.com/fbi/[/FONT]

You guys may be onto something there. That reminded me, although I wasn't able to load the video of her interview, Sherri's mother is quoted in the article below in this way:

"I believe that she was abducted, that someone knew her,someone took her. She wouldn't leave her babies, she wouldn't leave her family like this." Said Loretta, "Somebody has taken her, and we want her back. And I don't care what the cost is. Just give us information, do something. If they want money, you can have money, we just want Sherri back."

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/sherri-papini-mother-speaks-out-wants-her-daughter-back/157746092

I agree about the "money" comment and I'm surprised others haven't mentioned it.

I think her parents know more and can't publicly say. This is a very odd thing to say, unless you have details that point to a situation like this.

And I also noticed the mother looked down, lowered her face when she said "Keith misses you."

I think local LE can request assistance? Which I think is what's happening here.

If local LE doesn't have a particular capability of something such as pulling out cache data of phones and computers, they'll send a request for assistance.

11/2/16
10:37 AM Texts husband asking if he'll be home for lunch
11:00 AM Sherri is possibly seen jogging (by tree cutters)
12:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Sherri's phone connection goes dead
1:39 PM Husband responds to text that he won't be home for lunch
2:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Sherri is seen walking/jogging in the area near Sunrise Drive and Sundust Road
5:00 - 6:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Husband returns home to empty house and Sherri's car in driveway
(Time unknown) Husband calls daycare
(Time unknown) Husband tracks Sherri's phone with app
(Time unknown) Husband locates Sherri's phone on side of road at Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive intersection
5:51 PM Husband reports Sherri missing

Police Logs http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx

If local LE doesn't have a particular capability of something such as pulling out cache data of phones and computers, they'll send a request for assistance.

I have seen that happen in other cases here. It wasn't so much about the particular crime or missing person but about how they could help local LE.

Does anyone know when the FBI was called in or showed up to assist? I haven't been able to find anything yet. Thanks!

Her mail was a mile away. She liked to jog there, her phone was found near there. I question why she would run to get the mail that day, since she was going to be going out to pick up the children from daycare, so I don't know why she wouldn't have waited to get the mail at that time.

speculating. former runner (everyday) here...

some people are perfectionist and we like to get that little, extra workout in...She was without her kids for that time so she had the freedom.

perhaps anorexic tendencies...hence the jacket in 66 degree weather...yes, I know we've been down this path in previous comments. Most runners (myself included) wouldn't run with a jacket on a sunny afternoon with high of 66. Wearing a jacket would make her sweat more (think wrestlers trying to "make weight") and it is also a sign of anorexia (source needed, I know) to be dressed inappropriate for the weather. As a runner, that jacket looks "hot" (it's a dark color= absorbs a lot of heat). I would whip that thing off after a few minutes of jogging on a sunny afternoon IN REDDING.

Many years ago I read in Runner's World magazine that it's feels about 20 degrees warmer than actual temperature once you start running. So, if it was 66 degrees and sunny (isn't it always?) on a fall day in CA, it would *feel* like it was 86 degrees while jogging...shorts and t-shirts weather, really. That's why marathon runners prefer 40's actually. They sweat less and once they start running, it feels like 60s.

Hope that helps!

if she had anorexic tendencies, which she probably did slightly (speculation), she wouldn't hesitate to burn a few extra calories and make a second short jog.

It does creep me out more that she was seen specifically at those two times, then vanished into thin air (apparently).

If she was believed to be a victim of trafficking, I believe the FBI would be involved. I pray this isn't the case. But again, the proximity to Shasta College and SP's appearance make it highly suspicious, IMO. Unfortunately, victims are usually drugged and often transferred to other hubs soon after being abducted. Truckers can be a huge asset in circulating her missing posters and keeping an eye out. SP's family has likely already researched this option.

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/civil-rights/human-trafficking

And I also noticed the mother looked down, lowered her face when she said "Keith misses you."

I didn't pick up on that so much...but it's interesting now that you mention it.

All families have drama. Let us state obvious...

What do you think she meant by that?

Like "Keith's sorry" Like they had been fighting....grasping at straws here.

I can't really discern that body language and the fluctuation of her voice. though I think it is significant.

Action News Now - Three Videos
https://youtu.be/_oU260uQH7o

Excerpt of Avijah Scarbrough interview of LE in first video
Description of searches done on day 1 and day 2
Reporting Person was husband Keith
Sherri was last seen jogging at Sunrise and Old Oregon Trail
Her cell phone connections went dead ya know around noon
She hasn't been seen from from that time.
Husband returned home around 4:30 or 5 pm
He realized she wasn't home and pinged and located her phone
They dumped both the cell phones

BBM You got my attention with this one. BOTH the cell phones?

You guys may be onto something there. That reminded me, although I wasn't able to load the video of her interview, Sherri's mother is quoted in the article below in this way:

"I believe that she was abducted, that someone knew her,someone took her. She wouldn't leave her babies, she wouldn't leave her family like this." Said Loretta, "Somebody has taken her, and we want her back. And I don't care what the cost is. Just give us information, do something. If they want money, you can have money, we just want Sherri back."

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/sherri-papini-mother-speaks-out-wants-her-daughter-back/157746092

"She wouldn't leave her babies, she wouldn't leave her family like this."

It's heartbreaking to think it's possible she abandoned them, but so often family members will say this and it turns out that's exactly what happened.

The money thing - she has to know if someone abducted Sherri he or she would know there's no cash reward for bringing her back. It's a big reward though...

3 hrs from the time she sent a text asking about lunch.....till the time he responded?

Saw the video as well. Very sad for the sister. Sister-in-law is very young, hippy, liberal go lucky, God love her. Youth has a way of skewing things. But I see uncertainty in both; and that's raw.

Shall we just cut the b.s. for one moment - We know Keith's not perfect.

Not the perfect husband b/c no one is. Sherri's not "the perfect wife" either (LOOK, STILL USING PRESENT TENSE TO BE HOPEFUL).

Not saying that he "did away" with his wife, or even had anything to do with it...your guess is as good as mine at this point.

The sister-in-law's attitude rubs me the wrong way...she is so quick to defend the actions of her brother as the perfect husband, so 'ya know she's lying 'cause that's not possible.

Still this is a terribly tragic scenario. I hope Sherri Papini's found. Alive. Soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1