Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her FB page has several interesting posts from within the last 11 hours. Make sure you expand all of the replies...
The Find Sherri fb page?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have read through a lot of the thread and wanted to add a few comments that I have not seen mentioned:

1- Many runners (especially those that carry a phone) use a running app to track their route/time/distance. There are tons of these available for free - a popular one is RunKeeper. It seems likely LE and KP might already know where she ran and when.

2- A lot of discussion on the day care. Many people in my area who live further out from "town" use in-home day care that is just run by a local SAHM who takes in other kids to earn extra money. It is generally less expensive than an official school or center and usually more flexible with drop-in/out and pick up times. I doubt we will be privy to information on what day care they have been using, but I think it is highly likely to be this type.

My current feelings are that this is a legitimate abduction. There are of course other possibilities, but this one, to me, seems like the most likely at this point.

One other note- I am a average sized female and have lived in 5 different states and have always run with friends or with music (loved running for 20+ years now). The idea that a runner would carry a gun while running is very outside the norm of any running groups I have trained with and people of all backgrounds who are runners. Being smart about running solo means letting someone know when you left, when you expect to return and your planned route. Being aware while running is also very important and choosing an appropriate route for the area and time of day. I do know trail runners who carry bear spray, but that is really the extent of it.

Hoping they find Sherri soon and she is safe.

Her FB page has several interesting posts from within the last 11 hours. Make sure you expand all of the replies...

I'm not seeing anything. Could you be more specific?

Some of those commenters are suspicious. Almost stock like profile pics and no posts. Fake and newly created accounts, IMO.

That is a creepy coincidence about the tree trimmer complaint. Because we do know there were people trimming a tree who claimed to have seen her. Hmmmmmm.....kind of suspicious about them now...
The creepy tree trimmer was a lone individual, I think. Keith talked with people (plural) who were cutting down a tree. Might have been a homeowner, someone not even associated with a tree trimming service. So, there may be no connection at all.

I just sifted through 35+ pages and I cannot find what I'm looking for.

I was just remembering the report from a house sitter that a home in the area had been broken into and strands on blonde hair were found on the bed. I wonder if this has been determined (most likely) to be unrelated? If not, I wonder where the homeowner is (I've been looking to see if it said homeowner or homeowner's, plural). Wonder if there could be a connection between the homeowner, if singular and a man, and his absence and Sherri. Or the person who called in the possible tip. It also concerns me because it said there are 4 RSO within a mile of her home.

"Deputies haven’t identified anyone suspected of involvement in Papini’s difference, though they are checking with registered sex offenders who live in the area. Bosenko said. A search of the state’s sex offender registry reveals four men reported living within about a mile of where Papini’s phone was found."

I'm sure they are being looked at very closely, but I hope they checked out the absentee homeowners as well as the house sitter who apparently wasn't babysitting the residence the whole time. Perhaps just in the evenings?

Probably nothing. This case has me stumped. :(

Yes that house where the hair was reported and bed reported slept in backs up to a big wooded area that also backs up to the house where the clothes/shoes were just reported.
I just sifted through 35+ pages and I cannot find what I'm looking for.

I was just remembering the report from a house sitter that a home in the area had been broken into and strands on blonde hair were found on the bed. I wonder if this has been determined (most likely) to be unrelated? If not, I wonder where the homeowner is (I've been looking to see if it said homeowner or homeowner's, plural). Wonder if there could be a connection between the homeowner, if singular and a man, and his absence and Sherri. Or the person who called in the possible tip. It also concerns me because it said there are 4 RSO within a mile of her home.

"Deputies haven’t identified anyone suspected of involvement in Papini’s difference, though they are checking with registered sex offenders who live in the area. Bosenko said. A search of the state’s sex offender registry reveals four men reported living within about a mile of where Papini’s phone was found."

I'm sure they are being looked at very closely, but I hope they checked out the absentee homeowners as well as the house sitter who apparently wasn't babysitting the residence the whole time. Perhaps just in the evenings?

Probably nothing. This case has me stumped. :(

The California DOJ has changed SP missing status to Suspicious Circumstances.

Yes that house where the hair was reported and bed reported slept in backs up to a big wooded area that also backs up to the house where the clothes/shoes were just reported.

Would be interesting to get scent dogs into that house and see if they pick up anything there and can track it outside into the woods. Clothes and shoes were just reported found? Matching the description?

Moderator,
If I found some information on someone who was a suspect in the MP case from 1998, that has been discussed on this thread. Am I allowed to post this information?
Also, are we allowed to post Craig's List links?
Thanks

Not a moderator, but I'm going to guess no on the first part as I don't believe he's officially been named a suspect. The last news article I read specifically said they wouldn't name him because of that fact.

If she was training for the 5k she was probably not running every day. If it was for the 10k she still would have likely taken at least one day per week as a rest day. And it's also possible she went for runs while her husband was home with the kids. Possibly - I haven't paid much attention to her training routine.

Hey everyone, new here. Been following this. Interesting site. You guys seem like awesome people. Someone invited the guest to the board so I decided to come say hi.

Definitely can't predict how many days per week she was running based off the event she was running. I used to compete at a pretty decent level and now coach runners mostly with olympic trials aspirations, and everyone is really different. I run everyday but don't train anything outside of eating sweets. I have an athlete who trains for a distance lower than a 5k (albeit at a much higher level) who runs over 100 miles a week, not taking any days off. I have another athlete who trains for 5k's who takes a day off per week and runs around 50 miles. I know plenty of people who run 5k's here and there and run everyday. I also know people who run marathons off of just a few days a week. My point is, whether she's training for a 5k, or a 100mile races, any guesses to whether she runs everyday is just that - a guess. But you guys all know that.

I have a lot of hope right now. Wishing for the best.

Hey everyone, new here. Been following this. Interesting site. You guys seem like awesome people. Someone invited the guest to the board so I decided to come say hi.

Definitely can't predict how many days per week she was running based off the event she was running. I used to compete at a pretty decent level and now coach runners mostly with olympic trials aspirations, and everyone is really different. I run everyday but don't train anything outside of eating sweets. I have an athlete who trains for a distance lower than a 5k (albeit at a much higher level) who runs over 100 miles a week, not taking any days off. I have another athlete who trains for 5k's who takes a day off per week and runs around 50 miles. I know plenty of people who run 5k's here and there and run everyday. I also know people who run marathons off of just a few days a week. My point is, whether she's training for a 5k, or a 100mile races, any guesses to whether she runs everyday is just that - a guess. But you guys all know that.

I have a lot of hope right now. Wishing for the best.

Welcome dwazz :) .

:welcome5:

Is the case ftom 1998 still open? Can it be posted there, since it's relevant to another case?

The California DOJ has changed SP missing status to Suspicious Circumstances.

I think the FBI saw it as a murder or abduction right away. Wish they had come in sooner, people's memories fade as time passes. jmo

Some of those commenters are suspicious. Almost stock like profile pics and no posts. Fake and newly created accounts, IMO.

When I went to the post there were 197 comments. Could you post the initials of the person(s) and time they were posted? I know the times shown will be from different zones but sometimes it helps.

OT random:
I can't get over how many people post nothing other than "shared" or "prayers."

O/T. Is anyone else having problems with display? I can't view in full site mode. keeps reverting to a weird format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb