Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't complaining about the cleared calls in the log. I was complaining about all the posts on The HFSP Facebook page where several people are reporting to be blown off by LE when they call in a lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which makes me think, again, they don't need publics help. A lot of locals complain about this department in general, but Keith's FIL did say everything that could possibly be done is being done so ??

They have a LOT of pressure on them with this case, the world is watching. FBI is assisting. So it's hard for me to imagine they're dropping the ball here.

We are not allowed to discuss anything off SM, correct?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how Rod Rodriguez is related to KP and SP? It says on FB that he is their father-in-law.

Does anyone know how Rod Rodriguez is related to KP and SP? It says on FB that he is their father-in-law.
Related to Keith, I believe long term boyfriend of Keith's mom.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

This makes sense. It would have been me, as well!

The callback that never came may explain the woman mentioned on the log upthread who was "uncooperative" and "demanded" to speak to an officer in person. That would have been me. If I'd been ignored there is no way I'd make another phone report. I would demand to see someone in person if I had to go to headquarters and park myself until they listened. I know LE is overwhelmed and can't keep up, but people who complain about LE ignoring their call really upset me. If it's important, make them listen!
JMO

My comment wasn't directed at you at all!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Okay. I wasn't sure if it was in regards to me griping about how long they're taking to check out certain leads. :) I keep going back and forth between her Facebook page and this thread. :)

iPhones have a "Health" icon built in on the app screen. It logs the number of steps you take and the time you took them. It is shown in a graph format (by hour, day, month, etc..). By looking at hers, LE should have a pretty time frame of when she left to go jog, how far she ran, and when her phone stopped recording steps.

iPhones have a "Health" icon built in on the app screen. It logs the number of steps you take and the time you took them. It is shown in a graph format (by hour, day, month, etc..). By looking at hers, LE should have a pretty time frame of when she left to go jog, how far she ran, and when her phone stopped recording steps.

Wow, just checked mine, and you're correct. I didn't know what that icon was, and I've had this phone a couple years.

I know phone records sometimes take weeks to obtain, unfortunately. I'd love to know if they can see pings or GPS the exact location of her phone when she sent the am text, and then where she was throughout that day. I'm not tech savvy...anyone know if there's a way to get that information from her iPhone?

Among other things, I'd also like to know if she texted anyone else that day, spoke to them on the phone, had any online activity, etc., and the last time someone saw or talked to her, not including Nov. 2.

Great point!!

I understand your logic. All we know is that a 20 minute statement was taken from someone who claims to have witnessed her and a man. We don't know what time the witness saw the incident or if this was the 1st encounter between the man and woman. It's been noted that this location is close to Route 5. What if this location was a transfer site? If she had been abducted while jogging, subdued when placed in the vehicle and then attempted to escape while awaiting the transfer, it would explain the distance from her home and the witness' story could be relevant. I'm only speculating, but I think LE would need to determine if the encounter fit the timeline and other known evidence before ruling it out. When so little is known, a lot is unknown and the possibilities are endless as to what actually happened. I'm sure LE knows more than what they're disclosing, I just hope every tip is fully investigated.

Just a few observations on the report of the 415 in the police log. Assuming the sighting of the altercation between a man in vehicle and woman on foot occurred at intersection of Old Oregon Trail and Holiday Road, that is right at Route 5 where there is an exit ramp. That intersection is 2.1 miles from her house and a bit out of the way for a loop run, it kind of becomes a dirt road after a cul de sac, then kind of a bushwack to Union School Rd to head back towards her house. As a jogger, that is not a route I would take with all the quiet residential back roads on more level ground up by her house. The elevation difference from her house to this intersection is over 100 feet, not saying Sherri would be adverse to running up and down hills, but again, as a runner, I would not want to be on that hill. My point is that I do not think this argument is related to the case. There is a gas station/liquor store at that intersection and I would think there would be cameras there and also, more likely to be people arguing over booze, or drugs, or domestic disputes out side a liquor store and less of a place to abduct someone in the open in view of a commercial establishment. So my conclusion is that this was not Sherri being abducted. JMO

This should be hugely useful, probably give them a breakdown of how many steps she did every 15 mins, and like you say when the steps stopped.This could be huge

The PI commented this morning on HFSP that "She will be found...". Hopefully this means they're getting close.

Which makes me think, again, they don't need publics help. A lot of locals complain about this department in general, but Keith's FIL did say everything that could possibly be done is being done so ??

They have a LOT of pressure on them with this case, the world is watching. FBI is assisting. So it's hard for me to imagine they're dropping the ball here.

The FIL is still encouraging ones to call in any leads using the phone numbers on the flyer so perhaps they do still want/need the public's help?

It doesn't look like the Shasta County Sheriff's Office has very many detectives to begin with, so even with outside agency assistance it may just take a while to follow up every lead. I agree, they must have a lot of pressure.

We still only know those facts as described on the most recent timeline.

To clear up confusion...

SP texted KP at 10:37 am asking if he'd be home for lunch.

the tree cutters saw her in the morning before lunch. 11:00 am-ish.

LE stated her phone stopped communicating around noon, 12:00 pm-ish.

KP responded to SP's text at 1:39 pm.

LE stated the next known fact was KP coming home from work, 4:30-5:00 pm-ish.

KP called the MP report at 5:51 pm.

LE purposefully and intentionally left out any reference to 2:00 pm.

LE contacted the FBI for assistance. I hope and pray the college/dam situations are being handled and that Sherri is discovered there, alive. At this point that is the best case scenario.

SP is not a gullible, naive teen. She is a woman with a lot to fight for and I imagine she would be difficult to handle compared to a frightened teen. I hope and pray she is playing it smart, because if she is too feisty they might kill her.

We will have to agree to disagree here. I have gone back through all the logs and can locate the original reports on most of the later ones marked Follow Up.

However I don't think it means the tip was ruled out or cleared just that more info was taken after the initial call.

I could show it but it wouldn't help find Sherri.

Where are you, Sherri?

I agreed with Steelman. I think all that said was a patrol officer was dispatched, took the report, and will pass it on to investigators. Hard to know for sure, though.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Based on everything we are hearing, my WAG is that LE believes she was murdered by an acquaintance (rather than something involving a stranger). Part of why LE may be responding to leads in this case is that they've already determined that some of them are most likely wrong. Not that I'm accusing the husband, but I'd like to point this out:
11/8: "He said the husband has been interrogated multiple times by police."
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article113409723.html
11/14: "Keith Papini, Sherri's husband, spent a lot of time with Shasta County investigators today. There's nothing new from officials, at least publicly. They admit that they have very little go to on."
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article113409723.html
I don't think they'd be calling him in over and over again if they thought some stranger did this randomly, but for one reason or the other are looking for information from him over a period of weeks.

I know phone records sometimes take weeks to obtain, unfortunately. I'd love to know if they can see pings or GPS the exact location of her phone when she sent the am text, and then where she was throughout that day. I'm not tech savvy...anyone know if there's a way to get that information from her iPhone?

Among other things, I'd also like to know if she texted anyone else that day, spoke to them on the phone, had any online activity, etc., and the last time someone saw or talked to her, not including Nov. 2.

She had a find my phone app enabled so GPS tracking was on and KP gave both their phones to LE. They should know exactly the location of her phone during that day. At least, that's the way I understand it.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The PI commented this morning on HFSP that "She will be found...". Hopefully this means they're getting close.

The FIL is still encouraging ones to call in any leads using the phone numbers on the flyer so perhaps they do still want/need the public's help?

It doesn't look like the Shasta County Sheriff's Office has very many detectives to begin with, so even with outside agency assistance it may just take a while to follow up every lead. I agree, they must have a lot of pressure.

That's what I was wondering. Are they understaffed? With them stopping the ground searches so early on then mistakenly classifying her disappearance as voluntary, to the amount of time it takes for them to respond to leads- it would make sense that they need more help.

She had a find my phone app enabled so GPS tracking was on and KP gave both their phones to LE. They should know exactly the location of her phone during that day. At least, that's the way I understand it.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I assumed that's what LE meant when they said both phones were dumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member