Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So isn't it odd that she asked someone she's only known a year to be matron of honor?

Yep - and a sister appears in the bridal party, as well as someone whose wedding SP was maid of honor.

Did anyone see mention of immediate family in that wedding blog? Going to bridal expo or choosing photographer or anything? I saw maid of honor's name and KP.........

ETA: right there with ya- posting at same time!

The wedding site story says they lived in a townhouse on Shiloh Court. The only Shiloh Courts I can find are on the east coast, NJ, NY, PA, MD.

EDIT. Sorry, there is one in Redding. My mistake.

So isn't it odd that she asked someone she's only known a year to be matron of honor?

Typically the maid/matron of honor role is given to a sister, cousin, lifelong or college friend. I can't remember attending a wedding where the toast given by the MOH didn't detail a lifetime of adventures or at least a few years worth.

It's a little unusual that her wedding party included a newer friend, her sister, his sister and friend she met thru her fiancé/husband.

If she in fact ran away, this fanciful sounding ransom plan without any repercussion for the abductor could be a way get her to come back under the guise of having been victim of a kidnapping. It would appeal to someone's sense of thrill from bigger-than-life adventures. Also she'd get to come back, no questions asked, no price to pay, no embarrassment. Just come back and start over.

I'm wondering.

It would allow for a graceful way to resume their lives without public censure. If this were the case, if she took off voluntarily, which I do not necessarily believe; it would be beneficial for her to avoid that negative exposure.

I do think that she re-invented herself when she returned to Redding in 2006 and that she has a vivid imagination, possibly.

So, find out where she was in the "lost" years we can't seem to track
Which seem to be high school to 2008 and you might find a reason for someone wanting to hurt her. That scenario eliminates the rare random abduction, the lack of or very careful social media presence, the interest in concealed carry, and the lack of details coming from LE and family and the lack of old friends in her fairy tale wedding.

I still think she was abducted, but it wasn't random.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'd posted this on the last thread but I think it got lost in the shuffle. I'm curious as to who these are people are on the follow-up on the call log. I'm not profiling them but wonder what they may have called about in regard to SP and if I'm reading this correctly.
518db352c34b431ee0adeee9a38a5065.jpg

Good point. She would need a church annulment of the first marriage or something right? No way to look that up online!

Can we get married in the Catholic Church if one of us is divorced?

No, unless the previous marriage is found to be not valid or the former spouse has died (Canon 1085).

The marriage covenant is sealed by God, and the Church does not have the authority to dissolve it (see Catechism #1639-1640); the Church bases this on the teaching of Jesus (see Mark 10:6-12).

A new marriage is permitted, however, if the proper Church authorities determine that the previous marriage was invalid from the beginning. A declaration that the previous marriage was invalid is called a declaration of nullity, or more commonly, an annulment. An annulment is not a type of divorce, because it does not dissolve the marriage bond; it merely confirms that the marriage bond was never properly contracted in the first place.

This is why I'm thinking she never did live with him. One thought I had was if she married someone in the military - like someone in the Navy? They got married, he went off somewhere else, then she left him before he came back. I think the Church would be okay with that if everything was in order.

http://catholicweddinghelp.com/questions/divorce.htm

The wedding site story says they lived in a townhouse on Shiloh Court. The only Shiloh Courts I can find are on the east coast, NJ, NY, PA, MD.

EDIT. Sorry, there is one in Redding. My mistake.
Nope. In Redding.

Yep - and a sister appears in the bridal party, as well as someone whose wedding SP was maid of honor.

Did anyone see mention of immediate family in that wedding blog? Going to bridal expo or choosing photographer or anything? I saw maid of honor's name and KP.........

ETA: right there with ya- posting at same time!

She wasn't officially divorced yet maybe the folks felt awkward.

I'd posted this on the last thread but I think it got lost in the shuffle. I'm curious as to who these are people are on the follow-up on the call log. I'm not profiling them but wonder what they may have called about in regard to SP and if I'm reading this correctly.
It is the police follow ups from people calling in tips. It carried forward daily. You can go back and find the original to each name.

It seems that they wanted LE to search all those camper shells...I really do not know who the rest of the RPs are; but, I imagine they are family and/or friends. This report closed in approx. 2 hours...were they talking or actually searching...not sure...

exactly. why do you pick a wedding date because it's easier to remember??? Doesn't make sense is this perfect fairytale.

ps.. oops forgot to bold the date

Why not? My husband and I would've loved to be married on the anniversary of our first date (Jan. 10), but it fell during the week, so we opted for the weekend prior (1/6) because it was the inverse of his bday (6/1). Yes, we celebrate both - our weeklong anniversary extravaganza (in two mos., it'll be 30 years since first date, 27 years married). But I digress....

Just a couple of thoughts: if she was married before, but the marriage was considered "improper form" (i.e., not a religious ceremony, perhaps a Vegas wedding or married by the Justice of the Peace), those annulments are generally easy to obtain. The Catholic annulment process for church weddings (be it in a Catholic Church or another Christian church) is longer and more intensive. But as someone pointed out in an earlier post, it's not a matter of public record.

As for her blog posts about not being used to living with a guy - assuming she was married before - perhaps she's selective editing and it was a very brief marriage.

Co-habitating prior to marriage isn't exactly a Catholic sanctioned thing, but my hubby and I used to do marriage prep for engaged couples and frankly, SP and KP's living situation was not particularly unique. A lot of Catholics pick and choose which Church teachings they will follow. Not passing judgment - it's just an observation.

What did seem a bit odd to me is that SP's bridesmaids are her sister (understandable), her future sis-in-law (nice gesture) and a few other women with whom she's been friends with approx 3 years or less. Her maid of honor just over a year, IIRC. By all accounts she seems sweet, bubbly, positive. I know she moved away for some time, but I wonder about long term friendships. (Just musing, not a judgment call. I'm quite introverted so many of my friendships are situational (work related, school related, activity related) rather than relational. As a result, people move in and out of my life, and I move in and out of theirs. I'm not sure that's typical, though.

Not sure where I was going with all this.

Finally, my vote is 4, 5 & 10.

First time poster - long time lurker...I am so floored with all of your sleuthing. You ROCK!!! Here's my
question - what could possibly be gained with this being a hoax? I'm not saying it's not, but I don't
understand what the outcome could be if this indeed a hoax???

The civil marriage and the Catholic marriage are separate. As long as her previous marriage wasn't Catholic, there would be no problem.

Pretty lapsed catholic here --but yep it could still be a problem. Particularly if one grew up Catholic, was baptized, etc you can't just have a quickie Vegas wedding and divorce, and then have a full Catholic wedding to someone else someday without jumpin through some hoops

What does all that mean? I see familiar names, and it was apparently a call to the sheriff office on 11/20, but what does it mean?

Folks, she just said that she never lived with a guy before because she didn't want to say something like "except my ex-husband who I left after a week because he beat me."

Hasn't anybody here ever glossed over something because they didn't want to explain it? It's highly probably that she did, in fact, live with her ex-husband for a period of time.

And she said she lived there for 2 years before Keith moved in. So her missing time ends around Dec 2004 or earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur