Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she was bound to anything when she was found. The woman who was referenced in the People article stated that she was walking down the highway and waving a white shirt.

I think she was bound to something during her captivity.

Wonder if her captors gave her a shirt to wave? Or she took one off of herself?

EDITED TO ADD: I'm not seeing a reference to the white shirt in the People magazine article. Can you provide a link. Thank you!!

jmo

IMOO if her "injuries" which were treated and then they released her, they must not have been so severe and/ordisabling enough to prevent her from rushing home to see her children who must have been traumatized at where their mother was, hug and kiss them over all day long and reassure them that mommy was well, just a few ouchies and that everything was fine and then enjoy a VERY nice Thanksgiving with much to be thankful for,

I don't know, I can imagine after weeks of captivity (assuming for the sake argument that that was the case) that she might have been so physically and emotionally exhausted, and traumatized, that she couldn't function properly without getting a little nap first. Regardless of how relieved she would have been to be free to see her children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two females, at least one is armed. Wearing masks, cruising a rural road, looking for a lone female jogger to abduct? Does that seem intentional?

It certainly does. The question is: motive? Well, that's just one of the billion questions but it's a biggie.

So far, very limited info has been given to the public and I have not seen anything in the Shasta Co. sheriff's demeanor to suggest he doesn't believe what Sherri told him. I know others have, but I'm just not seeing it.

I've been racking my brain, but I'm stumped: can anyone else here remember a kidnapping case where the victim was held for weeks and then released without a ransom being paid? I ask because I can't imagine why a kidnapper would do that, and past cases might provide some ideas.

YES, there was the teen girl who was held by a kidnapper. And he let her send a letter to he mother and eventually released her unharmed.

Was she blindfolded for 3 weeks? Sheriff says he believes same women that abducted her let her off. She never saw either of them while being held captive for 3 weeks?

THats not that unusual. She could have been chained in a basement or back room. And someone came to feed her while disguised or they just slid food into the room?

Hi, my apologies if the reports of battery you're referring to have been linked, but could you please link them as I've not seen them. Thanks.

Post #3
Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Ah, thank you. So reports were from a citizen who called dispatch. That makes a lot more sense. The authorities didn't say she'd been battered.

THats not that unusual. She could have been chained in a basement or back room. And someone came to feed her while disguised or they just slid food into the room?

And that brings up the question....why?

Why keep her, hide her, feed her, release her? From what we are gathering, she was not sexually assaulted (thank goodness)...so for what purpose did they take her?

I know we don't need motive to prove a crime was committed, but sure would like to know what was the plan behind all this.

jmo

I don't know, I can imagine after weeks of captivity (assuming for the sake argument that that was the case) that she might have been so physically and emotionally exhausted, and traumatized, that she couldn't function properly without getting a little nap first. Regardless of how relieved she would have been to be free to see her children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your compassion. There are many reasons to delay one day to see her children. All of the reasons are legitimate and some may reflect her concern for her children's well-being...not seeing Mommy emotional and bruised. <modsnip>

But then we are back to discussing motive... what possible motive could there be for not just one (so potentially ruling out random/mental illness), but two women to capture another woman to put her in solitary confinement for 3 weeks, to feed her and then to let her go, without even taking up the offer of 100k, LE free?

Sister Of Sherri Papini ‘Very Thankful And Ecstatic’ About Sister’s Return

"Koester says she does not know what happened to her sister during the three weeks she was gone or the details of the police investigation.

She said she reunited with Papini and is giving her space and time with her husband to heal."

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...y-thankful-and-ecstatic-about-sisters-return/

Not that it matters, but I'm curious where Sherri is healing. Probably back in her home town to be near LE for further debriefing?

Thank you for your compassion. There are many reasons to delay one day to see her children. All of the reasons are legitimate and some may reflect her concern for her children's well-being...not seeing Mommy emotional and bruised. <modsnip>

Right. And who's to say Sherri didn't at least talk to her children by phone?

Ah, thank you. So reports were from a citizen who called dispatch. That makes a lot more sense. The authorities didn't say she'd been battered.
We don't know what her injuries were. Le said injuries were not life threatening but she did have injuries we know that

Agreed actually. I don't see this as particularly suspicious. If she's dealing with questioning from LE, plus finding her feet with being back from an ordeal and her in-laws have the kids and they're safe, I can well see that as much as she may be desperate to see them, she might wish to wait a day to emotionally settle somewhat.

I don't see this as particularly suspicious or outrageous in any of the scenarios being discussed.

MOO.

Chaining Sherri beside a road sounds more like planned hand off than a release.

Sister Of Sherri Papini &#8216;Very Thankful And Ecstatic&#8217; About Sister&#8217;s Return

"Koester says she does not know what happened to her sister during the three weeks she was gone or the details of the police investigation.

She said she reunited with Papini and is giving her space and time with her husband to heal."

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...y-thankful-and-ecstatic-about-sisters-return/

Not that it matters, but I'm curious where Sherri is healing. Probably back in her home town to be near LE for further debriefing?
Sounds like Sherri went through a very traumatic experience.

It certainly does. The question is: motive? Well, that's just one of the billion questions but it's a biggie.

So far, very limited info has been given to the public and I have not seen anything in the Shasta Co. sheriff's demeanor to suggest he doesn't believe what Sherri told him. I know others have, but I'm just not seeing it.

I watched the pressor this morning in it's entirety. I agree, his demeanor did not give anything away. But IMO, Bosenko is a good PIO. Great pokerface, and defaults frequently to standard LE responses in an ongoing-active investigation.

Sister Of Sherri Papini &#8216;Very Thankful And Ecstatic&#8217; About Sister&#8217;s Return

The biological sister, Koester, has seemed the most authentic and real through all of this, IMO.

Thank you for your compassion. There are many reasons to delay one day to see her children. All of the reasons are legitimate and some may reflect her concern for her children's well-being...not seeing Mommy emotional and bruised. I do NOT understand the critical posts I've read about this one day delay. Why is it a problem? Do people have to make everything into something suspicious? Good grief.
Welcome to the world of sleuthing...lol....and fwiw....I agree ...it makes sense to me she would wait ..it wasn't even that long of a wait...just the next day...her 2 kids are so young....it's not like she had 2 kids old enough to understand and comprehend what just happened to her.

Yes it is strange to chain her next to a road instead of just letting her loose at the drop off point. Why do that? Unless this detail is incorrect. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylvanianvicious