Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the world of sleuthing...lol....and fwiw....I agree ...it makes sense to me she would wait ..it wasn't even that long of a wait...just the next day...her 2 kids are so young....it's not like she had 2 kids old enough to understand and comprehend what just happened to her.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Good point. Plus, it's not like she'd been on a three-week vacation and was looking forward to getting home and seeing her children. She must have been horrified out of her mind for three weeks. I for one can't even imagine the hell she went through. Who knows what her mental state might be?

Okay, should we sift through theories again? The list is shorter now.

__ Abduction by two women
__ Abduction by the two women and other perps not yet known
__ Hoax to benefit self, a cause, or other person
__ Cover story for voluntary disappearance
__ Another scenario?

Ransom kidnappings or abductions of adults -- especially involving female perpetrators -- are unusual in the United States, according to CNN legal analyst Danny Cevallos.

"The facts as they are being relayed to us now, this is a very, very rare case," he told CNN Friday.

[video=cnn;us/2016/11/25/missing-jogger-found-california-sherri-papini-ekr-orig-vstop.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/25/us/missing-california-jogger-found/index.html?sr=twCNN112516missing-california-jogger-found0542PMVODtopLink&linkId=31573313[/video]

I think this analyst sums up the case well.

But just because something is rare, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I, too, fully thought the DH case was a hoax and that was a real lesson to me.

I also think of AH in the Kibby case. Wasn't there a delay in her ID'ing him, and it was because he had threatened retribution against her family if she told? Maybe the very vague abductor description is the result of a similar dynamic, and Sherri is afraid of harm to her family. JMO

I've seen some wondering if the abduction was random or targeted, what the motive could be and why she was released. I'm bringing over part of my post from the last thread with my musings on these questions......

<snip>
So my first question about an abduction allegedly by two Latina women with a gun is...was this random stranger abduction or was Sherri targeted? I can't imagine that these two women just happened upon a jogging Sherri near the mailboxes and deciding on the spur of the moment..."Let's abduct that one."

I believe Sherri was specifically targeted by two women who either had known her or knew about her. I think they were waiting in the area to take her (ETA: And may have abducted her from her home). I propose that there had been prior words or even veiled threats, perhaps on FB, that led the family to immediately assume she had been abducted and was taken out of the area, even mentioning Mexico. It's quite likely they suspected who these women or a connection were, based on previous FB comments. (I have not seen Sherri's FB pages).

This would explain the search ending quickly and the relative silence of the family and LE. It would explain the highly publicized reverse ransom sanctioned by the family.

So why would they abduct Sherri? Perhaps to settle a current or long-standing dispute or grudge or even to teach her a lesson. Possibly there was someone who was obsessed with Sherri and they were taking her to him. Perhaps to punish one of Sherri's family members for something. And other possible reasons I won't explore.

Why release her unharmed? They may have accomplished their purpose. They didn't want to be found with her. The well-publicized reward/ransom made it too dangerous to keep her. They may even have negotiated with CG and received money. Or Sherri convinced them somehow. I don't think they ever intended to kill her. It's quite likely they took fairly good care of her (ETA: Fed her, let her sleep, etc). I don't think Sherri was held anywhere near where she was dropped off. It's only about 1 hour 30 minutes west out of the valley to Clear Lake and even more remote areas beyond.

Whatever happened, it would have been extremely traumatic for Sherri. Her life will never be the same, but at least she is back in the loving arms of her family. I'm thankful for that. It could have been so much worse.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-2-November-2016-8&p=12957201#post12957201

I also think of AH in the Kibby case. Wasn't there a delay in her ID'ing him, and it was because he had threatened retribution against her family if she told? Maybe the very vague abductor description is the result of a similar dynamic, and Sherri is afraid of harm to her family. JMO

RSBM
Yes, I brought that up in the last thread.

Your video won't play for me. I'm not having much luck. Caught about 10 seconds of SP's sister speaking on FB then got the spinny thing.

my prediction, if truly kidnapped as reported, is at&t work connection in humboldt perp, kidnapped for ransom, ransom secretly paid, $ connection is stepfathers possible family assets, whoevever orchestrated this has ties to gang or cartel.

MIssed it! What was said? tia

idk much, the video froze on me. I heard her thanking a lot of agencies and the public, and I heard her say she would answer a few questions, first one was has SP been reunited with her children yet, I think she said she didn't have the answer to that, then it froze on me

__ Another scenario?

In the minority, I didn't believe the DH's disappearance was a hoax.
Probably in the minority again, but I do believe this one is a hoax.

Welcome to the world of sleuthing...lol....and fwiw....I agree ...it makes sense to me she would wait ..it wasn't even that long of a wait...just the next day...her 2 kids are so young....it's not like she had 2 kids old enough to understand and comprehend what just happened to her.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Ha! Even with over 7000 posts under my belt, I will never understand why the tiniest thing becomes soooooo suspicious to some. That's not sleuthing. That's being petty or worse IMO.

And you're right. They're very young and one more day for Sherri to collect herself isn't going to hurt them. But seeing Mommy emotionally fragile and injured could be traumatic. Someday they can be told what happened.

But then we are back to discussing motive... what possible motive could there be for not just one (so potentially ruling out random/mental illness), but two women to capture another woman to put her in solitary confinement for 3 weeks, to feed her and then to let her go, without even taking up the offer of 100k, LE free?

I can't imagine the motive. The only cases that come to mind with female perps and female victims are the women who kill another woman out of revenge or to keep them away from their man, or women who help men kidnap a female victim for them. Either way, sick and twisted. It's hard to believe that if she were kidnapped by two women that a guy wasn't involved in some way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIssed it! What was said? tia

I caught it mid-stream. She deferred all questions about the abduction to SCSO, and only spoke about how grateful she was that Sherri was home safe, etc.

idk much, the video froze on me. I heard her thanking a lot of agencies and the public, and I heard her say she would answer a few questions, first one was has SP been reunited with her children yet, I think she said she didn't have the answer to that, then it froze on me

You can replay it on Facebook.

You didn't miss much, honestly. she just thanked LE & various organizations and said she was "very joyous"

After watching the sister's video- I have respectfully come to the conclusion that her allusiveness is either due to the fact that Sherri took off on her own, or there indeed was a ransom paid and they cannot say one single word about it. Time will tell.

__ Another scenario?

Pah! Since this case has irretrievably broken my hinkey meter ... I'd just better not say.

I caught it mid-stream. She deferred all questions about the abduction to SCSO, and only spoke about how grateful she was that Sherri was home safe, etc.

The only thing that stood out from the above for me was when she was asked where she was when she found out Sherri had been found.

Long pause.

"Um... I heard on Thanksgiving morning that she was found."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members