GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't get how any family members or friends are sticking by her. Imagine the constant drama she causes with her everyday lies, on top of this kidnapping drama.

IME, sometimes the family/spouse/BFF is just as hooked on the constant drama. It's better than TV.

It's exhausting and not everyone is ride or die.

moo

What's her defense going to be? Any guesses.

I wouldn't be surprised if she claims the ex boyfriend actually did kidnap her and hold her hostage. Good thing he came clean with investigators and got his story out first. Her DNA is all over his home and in his car. Plus, he did board up the bedroom windows (per her request) and brand her (also per her request), so she might try to go that route.

The only other thing I can think of is going the route of Dalia Dippolito, who was caught on camera trying to hire a hit man to kill her husband. When confronted with the footage, she claimed it was just an act and she was trying to get a reality show.

Her best bet would be to just come clean. More lies from her might get her an even stiffer sentence than she's going to hopefully get.

I think that’s exactly what she is going to claim- that her ex did it and she was scared to tell because he threatened to kill her family.

One of the most common beliefs, and thus was so in the Papini case, is that adult women, moms, in the U.S., with otherwise normal middle class lives, are "kidnapped and put into sex trafficking." It seems to be a theory floated every time an adult woman goes missing, yet I've never heard of this happening to soccer mom type adults in the U.S. There's a reason the Feds don't give those theories credence.
While on one hand I agree with you, I always think of Amy Lynn Bradley and how it could be possible, even if statistically unlikely. (I realize we don't actually know what happened to her.)

I always thought something is off about Sherri Papini. I would not be surprised if she has Munchausen syndrome, which is extreme narcissism. Papini is like Michelle Carter, Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, Betty Broderick, Gertrude Baniszewki, and Dora Cisneros.
I thought of Casey Anthony too. I wonder if Sherri will dig in her heels with her lies.

i feel bad for this dude. i do think more went on but i dont think he knew this would happen. dang.

It just goes to show that when you 'help' people like SP, you sometimes pay the price for that. I have learned that in the past, having tried to help a troubled friend of my daughter's, and having the mentally ill mother call authorities, with them being forced to follow through and question me! (even though they knew this mother full well had issues). They of course let me off the hook, lol. And as for the family of SP, they should not be continuing to enable her, and defending her in such a manner, to such an extreme. It must be difficult to deal with though for anyone involved with SP, to say the least!

Judge James Linn made had some very powerful words for Jussie Smollett today when he sentenced him to 150 days in jail. I couldn't help but think how much of what he had to say also applies to SP. JMO

I haven't been following this, I was aware when she was missing, and then found. I'd just like to remind everyone there have been more than one case where according to investigators, the victim 'fabricated' their story, only for it to come out much later, in one case, years, the victim had been telling the truth. One case was a female in the last ten years in California, who was telling the truth. I'm not going to locate details within 24 hrs, so, if you want to zap this, go for it. The other one that's on the top of my mind, several females were raped, and the guy collected 'trophies'. One trophy couldn't be placed until somehow someone remembered the girl, aged out of foster care, living on her own in an apartment, who said she'd been raped and they didn't believe her. Well, she was telling the truth and she was the rapist's first victim. I'll get back to you on this. New computer is so difficult to get used to, I can't find anything anywhere and I don't know how to use it. See? I hit a button, don't know what it was and I can't fix it. Wish me luck.

I haven't been following this, I was aware when she was missing, and then found. I'd just like to remind everyone there have been more than one case where according to investigators, the victim 'fabricated' their story, only for it to come out much later, in one case, years, the victim had been telling the truth. One case was a female in the last ten years in California, who was telling the truth. I'm not going to locate details within 24 hrs, so, if you want to zap this, go for it. The other one that's on the top of my mind, several females were raped, and the guy collected 'trophies'. One trophy couldn't be placed until somehow someone remembered the girl, aged out of foster care, living on her own in an apartment, who said she'd been raped and they didn't believe her. Well, she was telling the truth and she was the rapist's first victim. I'll get back to you on this. New computer is so difficult to get used to, I can't find anything anywhere and I don't know how to use it. See? I hit a button, don't know what it was and I can't fix it. Wish me luck.

Denise Huskins

... investigators, the victim 'fabricated' their story, only for it to come out much later, in one case, years, the victim had been telling the truth. One case was a female in the last ten years in California, who was telling the truth.
@California Sunset
sbm bbm Maybe one of the above cases you're thinking of --- Denise Huskins &
Aaron Quinn. A book about their ordeal: Victim F: From Crime Victims to Suspects to Survivors.
https://www.amazon.com/Victim-Crime-Victims-Suspects-Survivors/dp/0593099966

A couple days ago, @gitana1 (TYVM:)) cited this case as an example of LE and/or public doubt about kidnappings.

Either real or fabricated, kidnappings are horrid, but for different reasons. my2ct
{ETA. @Tower. Great minds, etc. But me w my slooow fingers on the keyboard:D}

I'm sure you've covered this: But, didn't the husband declare on camera that he wished his wife would come back/be released for Thanksgiving? And, then...puff, magically...she appears on Thanksgiving!
That activated my hinky-meter.
How'd he know she was alive? Able to return? (Of course, we all wish we could be with our loved ones on holidays).
Was hubby tipped by call from wife? - "honey, I'll be home for turkey."

Just a few thoughts that came to my mind:

- Many times the problem with the therapy is that it is not a licenced psychotherapist treating the patient and if it is, not in that field that would give the best results, or the chemistry between the patient and the therapist is not there/ it's somehow twisted or something else damaging. We're all human etc.
It depends on the country and the state, what the law is about who can call themselves therapists. I respect a psychology degree, but the trueth is, not everyone who is a psychologist can treat that kind of pathological behavior. This looks like a person with a personality build on this kind of behavior. So 6 years of therapy might be whatever. It might be the nicest yes-person that she could find.

- Personality disorders are somewhat treatable. Not all and not everyone, but it is possible and I've seen it with my own eyes. Someone close to me had a great cognitive psychotherapy experience, and she transformed out of that borderline behavior in 10 years. The diagnosis was wiped off. I'm lucky to have witnessed it.
This does not apply to everyone. But with the best that is available, it's most likely to at least minimize the ways the disorder controls one. This excludes the worst of the worst

Last edited:
Just a few thoughts that came to my mind:

- Many times the problem with the therapy is that it is not a licenced psychotherapist treating the patient and if it is, not in that field that would give the best results, or the chemistry between the patient and the therapist is not there/ it's somehow twisted or something else damaging. We're all human etc.
It depends on the country and the state, what the law is about who can call themselves therapists. I respect a psychology degree, but the trueth is, not everyone who is a psychologist can treat that kind of pathological behavior. This looks like a person with a personality build on this kind of behavior. So 6 years of therapy might be whatever. It might be the nicest yes-person that she could find.

- Personality disorders are somewhat treatable. Not all and not everyone, but it is possible and I've seen it with my own eyes. Someone close to me had a great cognitive psychotherapy experience, and she transformed out of that borderline behavior in 10 years. The diagnosis was wiped off. I'm lucky to have witnessed it.
This does not apply to everyone. But with the best that is available, it's most likely to at least minimize the ways the disorder controls one. This excludes the worst of the worst

Yep. I sure hope we find out if SP fooled the tax-payer-funded therapist. And if Sherri got off on that as well: fooling another person and having that therapist affirm Sherri’s imaginary victimhood.

Or if the therapist thought what a load of bull but was prevented from chatting with LE that it was a load of bull due to HIPAA.

I have the day off and will review the old threads. There was an amazing amount of posters who contributed succinct insights in this forum.

the other california case in vallejo 2015 (huskins) happened right before this and is the reason why they were so hesitant to admit they thought this was a hoax. i have to believe they investigated this case thoroughly in light of Vallejo getting sued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff