GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is even sadder is this: with an obvious talent for storytelling - she should have become an author or screenwriter instead of ruining so many lives including her own.

Yes, and as I mentioned earlier, I don't 'get' how the male DNA found on her underwear 'matches up' with the DNA later found on a bottle in the ex boyfriend's garbage with him; if he says in the statement that he did not have sexual relations with her. Obvious answer to that is that he was lying, but interesting nonetheless.
mmmhmmmmm read #30 and 31 on page 29.

@RANCH thanks for providing the Criminal Complaint. Just read through it now.

Whatever the ex-boyfriend believed at first, once he was aware that she was a missing person, is there a crime he committed by not informing LE? I know she wasn’t a fugitive so he wasn’t guilty of harboring one, and she’s an adult, but it doesn’t seem right that he could just allow her to stay there while knowing she was considered missing.

Morally wrong I know, but criminally, I’m unsure.

However, he admitted to branding her since she wanted him to, and I cannot understand any thinking adult who would go along with that.
i cant imagine any adult that would just be like "o mkay" w that whole plan unless there was more to it. "hey come get me and let me stay at ur house" i was a singlke woman for long emough to know a lot of single men and most will feel sympathy if u are abused but they arent opening their home and privacy to an old friend from long ago unless there is something more to it.

Since someone asked upthread, it says in the criminal complaint that SP asked her ex-boyfriend to drive all the way to Redding to pick her up. It's a six hour or so drive from where he lives.

What a tale she spun about how the husband was abusing/SAing her. I hope for his sake that he has since divorced her and has custody of the children now.
more than that. like 8

I just cannot fathom doing what SP did.

Her children will be scarred for life. Can you imagine doing this to your young children? She abandoned them. Didn’t pick them up from daycare. They thought she had been kidnapped and possibly dead. All the while, she’s shacked up with an ex boyfriend doing whatever she was doing.

She saw her husband and family in the news. She knew they were looking for her. Her family was devastated and worried sick. The pain and trauma she caused by this stunt seemed not to bother her one little bit. She lied and betrayed everyone.

Her actions while with the Ex are very bizarre. If he is telling the truth, and to be honest I’m not sure he is, he should have been very concerned about her mental health instead of helping her hide and assisting her in the branding. WTH? Who does that?

It sounds like SP has always been somewhat off the rails. Her behaviour, ie lying and grandiose story telling and need for attention are not new. This is common behaviour for her apparently.

MOO there’s a long standing mental health/personality disorder at play here.

This is one of the most audacious cases I’ve followed. It will be interesting to see how this moves forward. I guess I’m back to following this thread.

All MOO!

Last edited:
After reading the affidavit I have a few questions and observations.

• There were a few people besides Sherri and the ex who knew about this. That's very curious. Really, nobody turned her in? Now, why would they do that?

• Ex made it sound like this was just something she instructed him to do with little say in the matter, yet they were talking for about a year with burner phones. Curious.

• She is sure to throw Cam Gamble in there and under the bus by mentioning the word Gamble, huh? I don't think he was involved other than trying to jump on the bandwagon and make a name for himself.

• Did she decide all on her own to go home and then somehow just had a bag of chains and whatnot? Thought she wasn't leaving the house so how did she get that?

• Pretty sure the affidavit says they cut pieces of her underwear to test, but it also said ex's DNA was found on her clothing. I don't recall it specifying it was found on the underwear so I suppose it is true this wasn't sexual, which of course then leads to the idea of more people than SP being involved and I'll leave it at that.
all that bravado she was saying i was lol and smh

Sounds like she and her husband are still together. I don't think he knew at the time she was missing but I do think he knew before the arrest.

The one thing from the family statement that I hope isn't true is that it sounds like they arrested her in front of her children. Now they could be claiming that as a ploy, but if it's true that is really sad. Her kids have been through enough and are completely innocent in this whole thing. I have a hard time believing this was urgent enough that they couldn't wait until her kids weren't there.

RSBM
She was found about 4:30 a.m., I believe? I’d have to look back at the exact time. Yolo county to San Pedro would be under 7 hours, so he could make it for Thanksgiving dinner. Jmo, I am too lazy to look up all those old msm articles
Oh yes, it's totally possible. That was just an afterthought comment, being amazed that he could drive for over 14 hours and could still socialize! My main point was merely to clarify the driving time to Redding and to clarify that she was dropped off in Woodland, CA, which is at least 2 hours south of Redding.

read page 29 #30-31 on the criminal complaint and draw your conclusions.

IMO the obvious is obvious. However, if she knew (as she did) that there was a "sticky substance" on her underwear, and tried to pass it off as something the "kidnappers" poured in her mouth and she herself used her underwear to wipe her own mouth with, I would assume she was trying to get ahead of the narrative in an attempt to throw off the police. But if she had any rational thinking, she would know that if LE did a DNA test on the "substance" on her underwear, the jig would be up for her and the ex-boyfriend.

Of course, rational thinking does not appear to be her forté.

I also think that whether or not she and the ex had resumed a sexual relationship, that is mainly germane to her husband. The bigger picture is the whole farce itself and what it emotionally cost her family and financially what it cost the taxpayers.

As I posted earlier, her ex-boyfriend was not harboring a fugitive because at the time she was considered a victim, not a criminal. And though she had a duty of care to her children, they were with their father and adults can leave, even when they shouldn't. BUT once the ex knew she was the subject of a missing person case, I do think it was obstruction of justice to not inform LE that Sherri was alive and he knew her location. Also, by willingly branding her to assist in her alibi, IMO that would also be obstructing justice.

All jmo

Panini also managed to throw in denigration and insults in her made up story. Her description of the women makes them sound ugly and sadistic. Even when describing the “younger” woman as more sympathetic she had to include a false story of the woman following her advice on adding kitty litter to the makeshift toilet. Making her in charge.

The Hispanic women fed her sub par food, the furnishings were old, cracked and peeling. Even their “Mexican music” was presented in a negative, xenophobic light. Her story of captivity IMO is just a continuation of her earlier blog post about being bullied by Hispanic girls. Fantasy and lies in order to vent about a group of people she hates.

I hope she’s held responsible for the pain she’s caused and the money she stole from the government and the soft hearted people who donated online.

IMO Papini is one creepy woman. MOO
YASSSS the way she kept getting her digs in and acting like she was all brave was so laughable.

ETA how she repeatedly said "it was spanish idk spanish"

IMO the obvious is obvious. However, if she knew (as she did) that there was a "sticky substance" on her underwear, and tried to pass it off as something the "kidnappers" poured in her mouth and she herself used her underwear to wipe her own mouth with, I would assume she was trying to get ahead of the narrative in an attempt to throw off the police. But if she had any rational thinking, she would know that if LE did a DNA test on the "substance" on her underwear, the jig would be up for her and the ex-boyfriend.

Of course, rational thinking does not appear to be her forté.

I also think that whether or not she and the ex had resumed a sexual relationship, that is mainly germane to her husband. The bigger picture is the whole farce itself and what it emotionally cost her family and financially what it cost the taxpayers.

As I posted earlier, her ex-boyfriend was not harboring a fugitive because at the time she was considered a victim, not a criminal. And though she had a duty of care to her children, they were with their father and adults can leave, even when they shouldn't. BUT once the ex knew she was the subject of a missing person case, I do think it was obstruction of justice to not inform LE that Sherri was alive and he knew her location. Also, by willingly branding her to assist in her alibi, IMO that would also be obstructing justice.

All jmo

i totally agree, its not criminal to have an affair at all. just puts a little perspective to her motives and his going along w it for me.

this is total specualtion but i think KP knows who he is married to, is it possible he called her bluff by reporting he missing to bust her out? MOO and all that

I remember that during the time she was missing, there was a log in to her Mercari account. I didn’t know what the site was for until it was mentioned here on WS, and I spent time there looking at the stuff she was trying to sell. I have thought of Sherri Papini every time I see Mercari mentioned since. I wonder if she was bored and couldn’t resist looking while she was holed up with the ex bf.

IMO her story started to unravel long, long ago, but I haven't given her a thought for quite some time. To me this news is out of the blue, but I'm glad she's been arrested.

My heart goes out to her children and her husband. If I recall correctly, he seemed to believe her.

I mean the guy kept calling the authorities to report new things his wife had “remembered”. It seemed he was intent on proving the story was true. But I get the sense he maybe had secret suspicions and just didn’t want to think his wife could go that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member