Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #10 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your summation. I have often thought that since Sierra had only been in Morgan Hill area for 1 month, this is someone who passed this bus stop often. Bus drivers, employees in the area, someone who liked her. Or perhaps from her Facebook acct? Could it be one of her father's acquaintances? Someone from the Fremont area? I get the feeling it is someone from Morgan Hill very used to the area, very comfortable. He planned it out for 1 month. 1 month to abduct and dispose of her body (I wish she was alive, but I don't think so). This case is near to me as well, so I hope and pray Sierra is found safe.

Does anyone remember the rape and abduction of a high school student near this area about 2-3 years ago? I can't remember her name. But I don't think they found the . I was hoping to sleuth this as WS has it, I remember. The girl was abducted after school , in a remote area, around this location.

Thanks in advance.

She has been in MH since last October. 6 months.

Oh goodness. Oh boy. I am so exhausted. I can't reply until tomorrow. But if you'd like to do some investigating...read about rapists (the link I provided)...(organized vs. disorganized killers) and sexual offender patterns. But I will provide this tomorrow. Thanks for understanding.

:eek:fftobed:

That's fine:) I read your links. Have a good night's sleep!

:beagle:Now I know how my dog feels.....
I am chasing my tail again, so much going through my mind with this one, where do I research next....its all probably fruitless, but it passes the time til we get our weekly tidbit from the media..... Can someone hold my tail please.....:beagle:

I believe the perp that took Sierra knew this area well
I believe the perp planted the handbag and is taunting LE
I believe the perp is experienced meaning someone who has done this before and older
I believe the perp watched her for some time at the bus stop
So this leads me to my opinion we might just be looking at a RSO in that area

I believe the perp that took Sierra knew this area well
I believe the perp planted the handbag and is taunting LE
I believe the perp is experienced meaning someone who has done this before and older
I believe the perp watched her for some time at the bus stop
So this leads me to my opinion we might just be looking at a RSO in that area

I agree with all except I don't think the bag was left to taunt. I also think he may have observed her at/in her home. But all else I believe is spot on....IMHO

OT - But I see so much similarity here in this case, and Moreno County is in the LA area, sorry for the confusion.

From the Norma Lopez thread. Posted by Fran-
Suspect in Moreno Valley teen's killing lived near abduction site

The suspect arrested in the kidnapping and murder of a Moreno Valley teenager lived a block from the empty field where she was abducted near her school, records show.

Jesse Perez Torres, who was arrested Thursday, lived on Creekside Way in Moreno Valley, a short distance from the field where Norma Lopez, 17, was kidnapped near Valley View High School, records show.

According to court records, Torres had been charged with battery on a spouse or cohabitant and assault with a deadly weapon in February 2010 in Moreno Valley. The case was dismissed in September 2010 when the Riverside County District Attorney’s Office said that they were unable to locate the victim on the day the trial was to begin.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-abducted.html

Thank you for sharing that. I always like to look at different cases with similarities. Earlier I was looking at the SC County Sheriffs website for wanted individuals and there was a listing for those that had warrants for domestic violence. http://www.sccgov.org/sites/sheriff...come-to-Crime-Target's--Wanted-Subjects-.aspx

The article you posted reminded me of the list!

May I ask someone local, do you know what kind of fish are found in the lake in Coyote park? Are there Catfish or Carp? How has the weather been is another question I would love to ask? Warm? Cool? Just thinking here.... I will check back to see if anyone has any links or info on the fish and weather tomorrow.... for now going to bed....Have a good night and happy sleithing everyone....

There is also some good basic information here about different types of sex offenders.

http://www.sccgov.org/sites/sheriff/Special Units/SAFE TaskForce/Pages/SAFE.aspx

Snipped from there:

Offenders develop predatory behaviors early, between the ages of 8 and 12. They feel their behaviors are natural although they understand such behavior is criminal.

UNDERSTANDING SEXUAL PREDATORS

Although some sex offenders are strangers and stalkers, many know the victim as a family member, friend or neighbor. These predators target adults, teens and children and often have well-developed techniques for luring victims. These include cautious predatory search for an easy victim and practiced assessment of the victim’s vulnerability (safety and security levels), personality, physical abilities and lifestyle.

How Do Predators Select Their Victims?

Vulnerability – 100%
Availability – 98%
Gender – 95%
Location – 66%
Race – 63%
Appearance – 39%
No special reason – 25%

Source: Hazelwood and Warren, 1995
​

Serial killers and sexual sadists, both predators, love to drive. It is not unusual for them to put thousands of excessive miles per month and year on their car. (5)

Predatory behavior is resistant to permanent rehabilitation: at least 50% of all convicted sexual predators will re-offend. (6)

The U.S. leads the world in its rate of juvenile homicide victimization.(I wonder why the US leads in this?)

More good stuff at the link and and a useful reference that could be passed out to the public for educational purposes.

I
I have to say, that it raises a huge red flag for me that this happened on the specific day the workers were at a different location - and that was planned to do it on the day nobody was there. I think that a huge factor in finding the person.

I would definitely not overlook this. What location? What workers? For what company?

It is hard to imagine they would have a CODIS hit this early...JMO

CODIS match took 9 months for my brother. I was frustrated because I thought "well they have this dna and they have that dna and they should just compare" That is not how CODIS works at all. They literally profiled my brother's dna. Separately profiled our dna. And then waited. Thankfully it eventually hit and matched. They did not compare it to each other directly.

You can google Center for Human Identification that talks more about that if you are interested.

I was curious as to other kidnappings/murders in the Morgan Hill area- what esle has affected the community- and yes, they have had some other sad events....such as a 14 yr old murdered just last Nov-

In 2009-I didn't find if the suspects were ever found-
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_c3738341-b7e4-5759-a570-9b5f35580ab4.html

Also in 2009- suspect was arrested
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=6721303

from Nov 2011 - didn't find if it has actually gone to trial yet- Sureno gang
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_a2465845-ff43-596f-9fdc-ddee5752462b.html

most recent- http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_5e4addd8-88da-11e1-a197-001a4bcf6878.html

I too had thought about the possibility of one of her peers being involved in this. I so hope not but kids nowadays seem to be numb to violence and many aren't made to suffer consequences for their actions when they do wrong. For some reason kids today are so quick to settle perceived slights and disputes as well as romantic rivalries with a gun or other violence. So until LE names a POI, I haven't ruled out the possibility of a classmate, either at her old school or her new one, being involved JMHO

I'm a newbie here but have been reading and lurking for a while now so don't be too harsh on me.

Welcome to the site. I am new too! Just started posting last night. No worries about abuse ... everyone seems very adult and respectful thus far.

The Hayward guy...hmmm. A cab picking her up at school. That fits the dogs losing her scent at the edge of the driveway.

Here is another of interest. http://www.fugitive.com/2008/05/15/id-of-rapist-sought-in-morgan-hill/
Another rape...I would not overlook any old stuff. Especially rapes of women in early morning hours. http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=7173358

Also, this is something that sparked my interest the day it happened. http://www.fugitive.com/2012/03/26/...astland-avenue-in-san-joses-willow-glen-area/

CODIS match took 9 months for my brother. I was frustrated because I thought "well they have this dna and they have that dna and they should just compare" That is not how CODIS works at all. They literally profiled my brother's dna. Separately profiled our dna. And then waited. Thankfully it eventually hit and matched. They did not compare it to each other directly.

You can google Center for Human Identification that talks more about that if you are interested.

p.s. Direct DNA comparison is MUCH faster.

Welcome to the site. I am new too! Just started posting last night. No worries about abuse ... everyone seems very adult and respectful thus far.

Welcome to WS's! Indeed this is a very respectful board, which is why there are so many verified experts on this board (we don't want to have to deal with all the carp that goes on elsewhere). On rare occasions tensions rise and emotions run high, but the mods here are wonderful and are always on top of it. If something ever seems like it's crossed that line, don't hesitate to click on that little red triangle in the right hand corner of every post and that will alert a mod!

Hmm yeah , cabbie from Hayward...that is like an hour away...and the cab company based up in San Jose, hmm

I do think that whoever did this has done similar evil deeds before. So looking at other cases nearby might be on point.

well {that's a deep subject, ha} here I go again ;)

good bit of interesting stuff to be had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member