Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not all that worried because SCSD has a proven history of being tight lipped and keeping lots of evidence very close.

I don't think they've exactly lied but they certainly mislead.

When they say they have skin fragments, that makes me think of something more than just skin cells. For an example, they might have pieces of skin embedded in a tire iron.

What they've released so far isn't enough to make me feel 100% certain AGT is guilty but I'm not ruling out that they have more.

That's all highly probable. Look how long they had a suspect while the masses thought they had nada. And we just recently found out dogs lost Sierra's scent halfway down her street. That's still not very specific but a far cry from the end of her driveway or just outside her door--as it was described initially.

I think this LE is on top of things and has been from Day One. They seem more methodical and professional than LE we see in other cases. I have always had faith in this LE and I see no reason to lose faith now. While it is true that the current evidence made known is not enough to convict, there is every reason to believe there is much more evidence than this.

I find it curious that so much time has been spent searching at Uvas. First, since this park/area is run by the county, there are rangers everywhere day and night driving and patrolling the area as they are at other county controlled parks and the gated areas are locked at dusk. Second, it has been brought to my attention by locals who fish and boat there that there are cameras watching the waterways for security purposes. I have searched for camera info online but have come up empty. Again, this info was given to me by locals.

Several young people who grew up in that area and went to Sobrato have said that they think it is unlikely that Sierra would be taken to hidden spots where the stoners hang because so many kids are in and out and strange acitivty would have been noticed.

So many people of all ages here are concerned and trying to figure out where in the world she is. Sierra really has become eveyone's daughter.

The above info was just passed on to me as opinions and I am not stating it as a fact.

I think it gets frustrating because we get emotionally attached. We seek justice for victims and families and want our society to be be a safer place, for not only our own families but others as well.

A lot of people here try and work very hard to help with the investigation. At some point you run out of things that you can research online with the information that is provided.

The most important thing all along has been to find Sierra, get the person that harmed her off the streets and see that justice is served. I think ideally it would happen in that sequence. When it doesn't, does that make it harder on everyone involved? I think it does because when you don't find the victim there is no closer and there is still room for speculation.

Now that a person has been arrested, we can hope that justice will be served in our legal system, but we are still left with no "Sierra", which was the number one priority.

Since a lot of us are not able to go search for her for a variety of reasons, what can we do to help now? For now anyway, I am feeling a little stuck until more information is released, I will just pray.

I think bringing up different points of view in the forum are key to finding answers. Everyone has a right to their opinion. With that said, I think I need to add more :) when I express mine so it doesn't come across as being directed negativly toward others.

I find it curious that so much time has been spent searching at Uvas. First, since this park/area is run by the county, there are rangers everywhere day and night driving and patrolling the area as they are at other county controlled parks and the gated areas are locked at dusk. Second, it has been brought to my attention by locals who fish and boat there that there are cameras watching the waterways for security purposes. I have searched for camera info online but have come up empty. Again, this info was given to me by locals.

Several young people who grew up in that area and went to Sobrato have said that they think it is unlikely that Sierra would be taken to hidden spots where the stoners hang because so many kids are in and out and strange acitivty would have been noticed.

So many people of all ages here are concerned and trying to figure out where in the world she is. Sierra really has become eveyone's daughter.

The above info was just passed on to me as opinions and I am not stating it as a fact.

That is very interesting and encouraging that they may have cameras at Uvas. One of the articles stated that they are not just looking there because his mother told them he went there. Maybe they have him on video at that location? Since they have a dive team, it really doesn't take away time from searching other places so they might as well use them to the fullest.

Since he has been stomping around these areas all his life he probably knows of hidden spots. I just pray that they do find her. I'm very worried about her family and friends. ):

I can't believe he has not revealed her location yet! Give me five minutes with him!

Most likely IMO he will use it as a bargaining chip when he's confronted with death penalty charge...
Seen many cases in which family will go along for sake of knowing/finding their loved one, knowing what happened, and just getting the to admit to what he did....

Hi GrainneDhu,

Sorry if this seems out of place because I'm not quoting the post I want to reply to. I'm posting from my BlackBerry for the 1st time in a long time. I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry that you lost your hair. I have donated mine twice and both times it was kind of difficult even though my heart was in it and I was ready to have shorter hair.

There have been numerous abduction cases where the victim got into the car willingly. I recall recently seeing a TV program where cameras showed children of different ages being lured into an ice cream truck by a man. This was staged, but the kids did not know that. Had this been a real MO rather than a monitored scenario that was set up to see what those kids would do, the kids would have been kidnap victims even though not a single one was forced into the vehicle.

I do not think Sierra got into the car willingly but even if she did, it matters not. It is an abduction if she were restrained in any way from leaving when she wanted to. And given that her phone was probably thrown out very soon after she was in the car, it is likely that Sierra knew she was in trouble that soon but was restrained in some way and unable to escape. Taking a person from one place to another against their will is kidnapping regardless of whether they initially went on their own or were taken by force.

I wonder if there isn't an indoor's type place he took her too. Abandon shed, boarded up house, old barn, scrap yard

I feel like LE thinks she is in water and I don't get why. I have a reason why I (at least initially) thought she was in water, but it isn't actual evidence of any type. I wonder if they have some sort of evidence we don't know about or if they are just making an assumption based on the surrounding areas?

Im being very serious, are you a psychic?

lol no, just logically-minded. Male killers usually bury victims; female killers tend to put bodies somewhere other than in the ground (cuz it's dirty, might break a nail, etc). I never thought it likely they'd find Sierra in water.

lol no, just logically-minded. Male killers usually bury victims; female killers tend to put bodies somewhere other than in the ground (cuz it's dirty, might break a nail, etc). I never thought it likely they'd find Sierra in water.

Got it! you sounded quite certain.
My next thought would be where and when did she die?
I just have this feeling that she may have died by accident. So that would lead me to the question did he have to bring her body somewhere, or did he bring her somewhere and leave her (hiding her) where she died?

Got it! you sounded quite certain.
My next thought would be where and when did she die?
I just have this feeling that she may have died by accident. So that would lead me to the question did he have to bring her body somewhere, or did he bring her somewhere and leave her (hiding her) where she died?

Are you thinking she consented to go with him and accidentally died and he did nothing to her or he kidnapped her and she accidentally died?

I have a procedural question. So LE tests the bag for fingerprints, likely tested the phone too (same set of fingerprints found on two items), runs them through the database and gets a match for ATG. Before the very first time they speak to him, would they have ALL the necessary warrants on them to search the car, the trailer, etc? ie they just show up without warning and say, 'Open your trunk, we have a warrant? Hand over your cell phone.'

Because if ATG is used to getting away with stuff and maybe done similar things before he may have had no clue they were coming for him. He could have cleaned up the car, but a taser or knife could have been in the glove compartment for his next attempt.

Just saying the element of surprise would have been crucial in gathering the most evidence. Would LE have just gone to talk to him without all the documents in hand?

I have a procedural question. So LE tests the bag for fingerprints, likely tested the phone too (same set of fingerprints found on two items), runs them through the database and gets a match for ATG. Before the very first time they speak to him, would they have ALL the necessary warrants on them to search the car, the trailer, etc? ie they just show up without warning and say, 'Open your trunk, we have a warrant? Hand over your cell phone.'

Because if ATG is used to getting away with stuff and maybe done similar things before he may have had no clue they were coming for him. He could have cleaned up the car, but a taser or knife could have been in the glove compartment for his next attempt.

Just saying the element of surprise would have been crucial in gathering the most evidence. Would LE have just gone to talk to him without all the documents in hand?

I wonder if they did a search but then made it look like he was off the hook so they could monitor his activities from that point on.

Although the investigative teams have locational clues, we don't, aside from the direction A.-G.-T. was initially moving. For that reason, it might be productive to consider his state of mind on March 16. From what I have seen of him (and his record), he was running on emotion not following some plan derived by exquisite calculation.

What would that violent thrust have led him to do in terms of concealment? Was he still in the throes of it or did his monstrous acts gratify his original intent so that he fell back to earth so to speak and realised he now had a serious problem to solve? I do think it's worth thinking about this in terms of his next move.

If he was still captive to the rage that fuels both rape & murder, a volcano would have met the case, the destructive urge. Of course, there are no volcanoes but there might be mental equivalents. Another horrible act of trashing his victim.

If he had cooled out, having struck his target, I think he might have chosen the most secret place he knew of or could imagine and that he would have been careful, according to his (v. low) standard.

Also IIRC, the DNA didn't come back until after the other attempted assault with a 'stun gun'. Which LE says isn't related, but I think that's a ploy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill