Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #21 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks emiusacska for posting that last pdf file! :wave:

So what does all these "In Limine motion" include?? What are we waiting for? :waiting:

TIA!

See you all back here on Tuesday, Oct. 11th!

:seeya:

The definition of in limine motions is:
A motion in limine is a motion filed by a party to a lawsuit which asks the court for an order or ruling limiting or preventing certain evidence from being presented by the other side at the trial of the case.

Thanks for the explaination!

Anything happening yet?

TIA! :wave:

There was a hearing today at 1:30pm as well, I found out an hour or so ago about that but was at a class. I will post the minute orders as soon as I get home

Minute order from yesterday

Attachments

• MinuteOrder101116.pdf
    495 KB · Views: 14
Mornig this is from yesterday's hearing there is another one going on right now

As soon as I get minnute order will post it here

Attachments

• MinuteOrd101216.pdf
    420.9 KB · Views: 9
emiusacska said:
snipped by me...
Morning this is from yesterday's hearing there is another one going on right now

:gaah: boy they sure are draaaggggiiinnnngggg this out!!! Let's get going everyone!!!

:judge:

:waiting: patiently...

Thanks for the updates!!!

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/10/...to-begin-in-morgan-hill-teens-alleged-murder/
FINALLY!!!! Jury selection to begin for Sierra LaMar case next week

SAN JOSE — Jury selection is set to begin Monday in the capital-murder trial of a man accused of abducting and killing 15-year-old Sierra LaMar near Morgan Hill more than four years ago.

Antonin Garcia-Torres, 22, has pleaded not guilty to the alleged murder as well as to unrelated charges that he attempted to kidnap other women.

Hundreds of prospective jurors next week will be asked to fill out a questionnaire, which still was being drafted Thursday afternoon. The case is then set to reconvene in early November after lawyers for the prosecution and defense review the answers on the questionnaires. Questioning of prospective jurors is scheduled to begin Nov. 14.

One of the biggest challenges will be finding 12 jurors and up to six alternates willing and able to serve during the whole trial, which could last six months.

Here is the actual minute order from yesterda

Attachments

• MinuteOrd101316.pdf
    392.6 KB · Views: 2
Counting the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until jury selection begins. We are almost there, Sierra Mae....!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cheer:

Finally!!

:judge:

JusticeForSierra!

see you all here Monday! Anyone going to the trial?

That is great! Thank you for doing this.
I have all the minute orders, and several other doc saved for the case archive, but there's no way I can copy and save each page.

Sierra LaMar Case Archive, Justice for Sierra section:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr... LaMar -CA-/Justice for Sierra?sort=6&page=1

and- the main Sierra LaMar Case Archive:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Sierra LaMar -CA-?sort=6&page=1

Again, thanks.
For those having trouble accessing the court site, go check out emiusacska's google drive folder.
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B-iaTzRDzjzOZDlxc0RlSS1teDQ

Thanks Amanda!

So according to the Media Order 071920 (linked in the quoted post above post # 278) the judge has decided no live streaming, no pics, etc., however, it does appear that media can use their "electronic devices" including social media to report on the trial. So another trial by tweet....ARGGGGH

Snipped from the order:
(4) There shall be no use of electronic devices in the courtroom for any purpose with
the following exceptions:
(a) Members of the media, with credentials prominently displayed, may use
electronic devices to facilitate their reporting of the proceedings, including the use of social media.

Thanks

So according to the Media Order 071920 (linked in the quoted post above post # 278) the judge has decided no live streaming, no pics, etc., however, it does appear that media can use their "electronic devices" including social media to report on the trial. So another trial by tweet....ARGGGGH

Snipped from the order:
(4) There shall be no use of electronic devices in the courtroom for any purpose with
the following exceptions:
(a) Members of the media, with credentials prominently displayed, may use
electronic devices to facilitate their reporting of the proceedings, including the use of social media.

most trials in California are twitter only so don't be surprised with that
at least we can get tweets

Are you going emi?? I forgot this was going to be "trial by tweet"! Do you have a list of reporters who will be doing this?

As I asked before any locals going??

TIA!

So according to the Order - "hardship" cases for jurors will start tomorrow - and the "real" sitting of jurors will start on the 24th?

I'm in the middle of my moving half way across the globe - so will be depending upon all you here in reporting the trial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member