Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God! Sierra's case is what brought me to websleuths. So glad the jury got it right.

Sentencing phase starts Tuesday at 9am. I will post tweets

Heard the good news!!! It won't bring Sierra back, but I hope her family feels a small degree of comfort that ADT was found guilty. Kudos to the DA for doing an excellent job with difficult circumstances.

Here’s a timeline of the events since the day Sierra went missing.
<modsnip>

Jan. 30, 2017 &#8212; The trial of Garcia-Torres begins in Judge Zecher&#8217;s courtroom.

Feb. 7, 2017 &#8212; Sierra LaMar&#8217;s mother testifies, recalling how she called her 15-year-old daughter&#8217;s cellphone at least 14 times on the day she disappeared.

May 4, 2017 &#8212; Jurors begin deliberations after 13 weeks of testimony and 11 hours of closing arguments from the prosecution and the defense.

May 8, 2017 &#8212; Court officials announce that the jury&#8217;s verdict will be announced at 9 a.m. Tuesday, May 9.

May 9, 2017 &#8212; Jurors find Garcia-Torres guilty of first degree murder.

[video=twitter;861986764805636097]https://twitter.com/PollyDad/status/861986764805636097[/video]

Marc Klaas@PollyDad 8m
8 minutes ago

With death penalty a real possibility hoping the guilty verdict works as an impetus for killer 2 reveal where he hid body of #SierraLaMar.

Sadly, my opinion and speculation only, is that there is a good probability she ended up in the Morgan Hill landfill. While that is a needle in a haystack, the gases created and contained in the landfill would serve as a preserver.
He probably put her in the grocery store dumpster.
All opinion and speculation only.

I am so glad that this perp was convicted!!! His lawyer is one of the most unscrupulous weasels ever to hit the pavement and his methods in this case were a good example of how NOT to be a lawyer. Justice for Sierra and her family!!!!!!

Santa Clara County District Attorney *Jeff Rosen* deserves a great deal of praise. He expertly and vigorously prosecuted this case, resulting in today's verdict. I am deeply grateful to him for insuring AGT never walks as a free man again.

If only today's win for the People could bring Sierra back. Sadly, this is not the case, but justice has been served.
God Bless our little angel Sierra. RIP now sweet child.

I wish I could say that I believe AGT will do the right thing, and show Sierra's family where he put her remains, but deep down I do not believe he is capable of an ounce of compassion. He has had more than ample time to disclose what he did with Sierra. He has refused like so many other defendants in missing body cases.

I do not believe he will tell even if he gets the death penalty. It is all about power and control for AGT and he will continue to relish in the pain he will continue to cause her family.

I also don't believe even if he did offer to give up the location the DA would take the death penalty off of the table. The DA made that very clear a long time ago that he would not deal with AGT under any circumstances. This DA knows this is certainly a death penalty case whether the jury votes for death or not and he is going to make sure the jurors have that option to choose from.

Like I had posted earlier, if I were the DA I would use this against AGT every chance I got for it shows him to be a cold narcissistic sociopath who has absolutely no remorse for taking Sierra's life. It truly shows the jury just what kind of defendant they are dealing with.

I hate they couldn't charge him with aggravated rape because of him hiding the location of her body. All of the jurors had to think the motive for Sierra's kidnapping was totally sexually motivated, and he killed her to silence her. It sticks in my craw he cant have that special circumstance attached to the felony murder charge too along with the felony kidnapping.

I honestly dont think it will be a searcher who finds Sierra's remains, and if her remains are ever located it will be by someone not even involved in her search, and will be a fisherman, camper, hiker, hunter or someone looking for mushrooms. etc.

I think her remains are far beyond the search areas. He had many hours to take her many many miles away from where he kidnapped her and before she was reported missing.

JMO

Good news the jury got it right and justice has been served. R.I.P. Sierra.

I pray he will now give up Sierra's location, he has nothing to lose now because he has been found Guilty. And perhaps if the DP is a bargaining chip he just might do that, we can only hope. He owes it to Sierras family to let them lay their daughter to rest properly.

The last execution at California&#8217;s San Quentin prison was in January 2006 when Clarence Ray Allen was put to death.

This past November, voters approved Prop 66, which was meant to streamline the process and get the death penalty going again.

But that has been put on hold and its constitutionality is set to be reviewed by the California Supreme Court later this year.

http://kron4.com/2017/05/09/video-w...res-be-put-to-death-for-killing-sierra-lamar/

It was the outcome that Sierra's parents said they had wanted. The family emerged from the courthouse, willing to share the emotions for the first time after the 13-week trial. "We're grateful to the jurors coming up with the right decision, and it gives us peace as a family knowing that this is not going to happen to another child and that they can't get away with something like this," Sierra's mother, Marlene LaMar, said.

Boyd was measured in his comments because the penalty phase of the case is still ahead. "We now move immediately into the next phase, the penalty phase where the jury will decide whether the defendant gets the death penalty or life without the possibility of parole. I'm not going to speculate just what the jury will do, it's their decision and it's a very significant one to be made," Boyd said.

http://abc7news.com/news/jury-finds-antolin-garcia-torres-guilty-in-sierra-lamar-case/1971336/

This was an emotional day for volunteers, who searched for Sierra and who sat through many days of a 13-week-long trial to show their support to the LaMar family. One of them has a special place in his heart for Sierra. "Sierra is everybody's daughter. She's become our daughter. She's made a big impact on all of us, she's brought us together," volunteer search leader Douglas Tollis said.

The penalty phase is not expected to be a quick process as both the defense and prosecution will be given the opportunity to tell the jury why they believe Garcia-Torres should or should not be given life in prison, without the possibility of parole or the death sentence. That process could take up to a month.

http://abc7news.com/news/jury-finds-antolin-garcia-torres-guilty-in-sierra-lamar-case/1971336/

Thankyou to the posters here that kept everyone updated during the Trial and the Jury verdict.:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member